Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3900 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #68791
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I thought PAX had different openings so that all the badges didn't sell out at once. Like they'd have openings from x-y time and then again later from a-b time.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #68792
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to only sell X amount of badges at one site or time?

SO um up till now I'm still listening to a bunch of songs from the TinkerBell movies because they're just so beautiful and happy and inspiring.
I really should be studying and planning my English midterm for tomorrow.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #68793
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Having different times helps prevent every single thing from being sold out all at once like was mentioned before.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #68794
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Having different times would be really beneficial to people who are working at various times. Like registration today lasted from about 10:30AM to 4PM. I worked morning shift from 8AM to 4:30PM.

I think having allotted times to buy is complicated by the fact that passes sell faster and faster each year. This year was 5-6 hours. Last year it took something like 22 hours. The year before took 3 weeks. It's kind of a new development.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #68795
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Well no I actually said "at one site or time" but it should have been "at one site AND time" because theoretically it won't, especially at the rate things are going, be hard for things to sell out in a matter of 2 hours or so. For example, the weekend passes being sold out in less than half an hour shows that it is most definitely plausible. So I came to the conclusion that it will be more beneficial to the people with prior commitments or something similar that not only different time slots should be available but also the number of passes available at a particular time slot.
...as in, if everything sold out in the first time slot, having multiple time slots is not beneficial in the least.

Sorry I don't know why I'm doing this and not continuing to give myself nightmare material by refreshing myself on some stories which I now realize freak me out a lot.

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #68796
Kildread
I can fix it!

When I was trying to book a hotel room from the next block that was opening, it started at 9~10 in the morning ,so I worked from home, 5 minutes early I started refreshing and the thing lagged out to oblivion to me, I got a 'website is busy" type message several times, until I got there and there was nothing left.

I thought it was broken more than sold out, so I left for the office only to find out on lunch break it had sold out in mere minutes.

PAX East this year went to 'LOW' availability within a few days on 3-day passes, but it took a long time for them to sell out on all days. 5 hours for selling out make me anxious about when they'll get online for PAX East 2014...

I keep thinking there are scalpers in the bunch hoarding tickets.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #68797
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I keep thinking there are scalpers in the bunch hoarding tickets.
I'm sure there are. One of the years I went to NYAF or NYCC (I'm not sure what it was at the time because I can't remember the year), I had to buy my pass from some comic store in north Jersey because the weekend passes had completely sold out.

Or something like that.

I'll go back to crazy people and yellow wallpaper now.

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #68798
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

There are always scalpers buying a ton of passes, it's easy to resell them since PAX mails out their badges. Ebay is full of PAX Prime passes right now, and I saw bids of $200+ for the 4 day passes (which were $95 originally).
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #68799
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I'm sure there are. One of the years I went to NYAF or NYCC (I'm not sure what it was at the time because I can't remember the year), I had to buy my pass from some comic store in north Jersey because the weekend passes had completely sold out.
NYCC was freaking strange on that front, there were several of them hawking the badges right outside the con :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
There are always scalpers buying a ton of passes, it's easy to resell them since PAX mails out their badges. Ebay is full of PAX Prime passes right now, and I saw bids of $200+ for the 4 day passes (which were $95 originally).
Which is shit --- at least with anime cons following the 'pick your badge on site' format, nothing is mailed and you need to book for a specific name with registered ID, that massive hoarding of badges can't happen.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #68800
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Which is shit --- at least with anime cons following the 'pick your badge on site' format, nothing is mailed and you need to book for a specific name with registered ID, that massive hoarding of badges can't happen.
I legit have forgotten to bring some form of ID with me at EVERY con I've been to except one. But they always let me in because I'm always with a parent and am a minor. D: But not for long...
It's actually a bad habit of mine. I don't bring my real wallet with me to cons because I don't want to spend all my money or have it stolen from me, so I don't bring my ID because it's generally in my wallet.

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #68801
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I woke up when meg left and now have two choices - go back to bed or stay up and be productive. I'm thinking productive.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #68802
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I woke up when meg left and now have two choices - go back to bed or stay up and be productive. I'm thinking productive.
Me too.

Only with Brando. Not Meg. That would be awkward.

I always wake up when his alarm goes off but this time I woke up an hour after eh was up and thought it was the afternoon or something. So now I am hungry, tired, and thrown off on the time.

Brando's intaglio print teacher said I was off to a good start. Sweet.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #68803
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Actually, depending on when Brando gets up you could have woken up when Meg left, just many states away.

Currently productive is making hash browns and queuing up Grey's Anatomy on my laptop. But at least I showered and put on real clothes? I'll clean after I eat.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #68804
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Showering takes effort and it means not being in my PJ's.

I am hungry, but I want Mac and Cheese and it's only 10am. I have learned one thing above all else, Mac and Cheese is not a breakfast food.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #68805
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's Thursday. Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. I can't watch it yet...

Oh well, Love it or List it works too.
My Cat's Tumblr