Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #69241
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My 97 had an electrical problem that no one could find (5 different mechanics) that would cause it to stall out randomly. Just to find it would have cost more than the car is worth.

But my mom isn't getting the car today, mostly because I have to go work and it'd be too hard to go to the RMV and transfer over titles ect.
Ouch. I want to get at least another five years out of my car, I hate the notion of having to go searching for a new car. Maybe by the time this car dies I will live somewhere I will not need a car, that would be very nice. I remember leaving in the city and it was fantastic, walking was so much easier and possible the vast majority of the time.

Anyway, that's enough about cars.
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #69242
Lithium Flower
Handphones

The first thing Mark Twain says to Becky Thatcher is that she reminds him of his wife, in this wistful sort of voice and proceeds to refer to her as 'Angelfish' the rest of the movie.

MR.TWAIN THIS IS NOT HOW WE INTRODUCE OURSELVES TO CHILDREN.

The movie is about the three kids(that is, Becky Thatcher, Tom Saywer, and Huck Finn. ) sneaking onto Twains AIRSHIP because Tom wants to be famous and impress Becky. Twain is flying across the world to meet Hally's Comet so he can DIE WITH IT.

Then he had this little study inside the airship (yes, they're in an airship) with a pipe organ and it plays really creepy demonic music while the carved figures on it's various parts moan and groan like they're trapped in the very fires of Hell.

Mark Twain had this miniature animatronics display of Adam and Eve, when Becky put a coin in for it to play it demonstrated them handing her an apple and she comments very casually that the figures are naked. To which Mark Twain replies that naked people aren't taken serious in society, as if he's really upset he can't be naked all the time. Which to be fair, aren't we all?

I think the majority of Mark Twain's lines where direct quotes people have on record. Some of them where pretty funny actually.

He also had 'The Diary of Adam and Eve', which as one can guess is from the perspective of Adam and Eve being created. Adam is shown as this dude minding his own business going fishing and riding logs over a waterfall (for real. You see him ride various objects over the waterfall at least a dozen times. including a bathtub) when Eve shows up she's studying Adam and think's he's a reptile. Adam dislikes her and wants her to leave him alone and Eve wants company. So all of a sudden we have a romantic comedy. Eventually the snake that temps Eve shows up and it has a full set of enormous human teeth and it's wearing sunglasses so you can only see the yellow slits of it's pupils. Eve eats the apple and shit get's fucked up. Apparently Eve is single handedly responsible for killing off Unicorns and turning Lions against Lambs. HAHA WIMMENS AM I RIGHT GUYS?

That segment ends with Adam not realizing that he got Eve pregnant and thinks their baby is a fish and TRIES TO THROW IT INTO A LAKE. Meanwhile Eve is narrating that she isn't in love with Adam because he's smart but because he's hers. Then Adam wises up and isn't quite such a bumbling moron of a person as they grow old together and Eve dies leaving Adam's last entry in his Diary that wherever Eve goes it is Eden.

And then they meet an angel named Satan in The Mysterious Stranger. Then Mark Twain almost get's the kids killed like 10 times. Then it turns out there's two Mark Twains. One in white who's a good guy and one in Black who's just pessimistic about stuff.

At the end, Mark Twain(s?) tell the three kids that the airship is theirs and they can fly it forever. To which pessimistic Twain says 'Or long enough'. So then the kids are just left to drift through space with the airship.

Also the airship had different 'floors' in an elevator which opened to various books Twain wrote. The kid's are never told they're fictional people and that the floors are all fictional worlds. They're just sort of left alone with Tom mackin' on Becky.

Then it ends with a really jammin' rock song.

I feel kinda bad because a lot of people put a lot of work into this movie and you can tell it was someones precious little child of a movie but dear god if someone TRIED making the same story scary it wouldn't ever be as scary as this is now.

Oh, and the whole time Tom Sawyer is making jerky comments about Becky being a girl and incapable but Mark Twain always has a snappy comeback to defend her.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #69243
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I think I over did it yesterday while exercising. My back hurts every time I move the slightest bit.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #69244
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I just finished chopping up 400g of hazelnuts for my liqueur. My fingers feel like I've been plucking chickens with sandpaper for feathers.
Yeah, but did you make the cake yet?
CHOP CHOP, BISECTED.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #69245
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Yeah, but did you make the cake yet?
CHOP CHOP, BISECTED.
Which one? =P

...wait, I see what you did there.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #69246
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Flora, if you want the cake so bad you can come over to my place. I'm gonna make it right now.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #69247
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

Once the laundry gets finished, I'll go skateboarding
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #69248
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Flora, if you want the cake so bad you can come over to my place. I'm gonna make it right now.
I so would, but I'm doing this dumb online training thing for work. It's going to last until SIX. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhghghghghghghghghghghggggghhhhhhhhhh hhh.

Let me know how it is, though!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #69249
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
I so would, but I'm doing this dumb online training thing for work. It's going to last until SIX. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhghghghghghghghghghghggggghhhhhhhhhh hhh.

Let me know how it is, though!
I will.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #69250
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I can't seem to get a good nights sleep lately and my head hurts all damn day.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #69251
Padmik
mikky

ugggggghhhh one more assignment and then major crash course for my finals /rolls

[Tumblr] [CosBlog]

2015 Conventions
SDCC (hopefully)
2015 Cosplays
Honekoneko - Panty & Stocking 85%
Barbara Gordon (2014) - Batgirl/DC 30%
Katniss Everdeen (CF arena) - The Hunger Games 5%
Raven (comics/show) - Teen Titans/DC 5%
GoGo Tomago - Big Hero 6 0%
Moira Burton - Resident Evil 0%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #69252
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
wow, this rain website thing is awesome. We have shit for rainstorms on the east coast (ok for hurricanes I guess but who wants that shit?). No thunder or anything. If there's one thing I really miss about the midwest, it's night thunderstorms.
East coast? Where you at?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #69253
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Cake is in oven...Now to wait and see how it turns out...

I can't whip egg whites properly...oh well...

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #69254
Lithium Flower
Handphones

For a second I thought you said 'cat is in the oven'.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #69255
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I can't seem to get a good nights sleep lately and my head hurts all damn day.
I've got new piercings, my ear lobes aren't so bad but in my upper ear through the cartilage is a bitch to sleep on. This means I can't sleep on my favourite side, which is lying on my left facing the wall. I tried switching my pillows and putting them where my feet would usually be and trying it that way but without a headboard they fell off the bed and I woke up with a stiff neck. There's no headboard at the other end either but at least theres the curtains and window which sort stop my pillows going too far.

I don't like my bed any more. I want a double bed. I've never slept in a double bed before. I want more room but I'm not going to get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote