Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3960 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #69436
tictictok

I have like 5 pairs of shoes but i don't wear them a whole lot since 2 are heels, 1's a pair of boots, another's a pair of bright pink converse hi-top knockoffs but I'm still wearing my beaten to hell converses that literally have holes in them.

Check out my plushies tag if you'd like ∩( ・ω・)∩

Upcoming Con- Otakon (GOING AW YE)

Cosplays
-----
Dahlia Gillespie
Mami Tomoe
Twerk Team!Anthy
tictictok is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #69437
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I have so many shoes. It's approaching the level of those women who have entire room-sized closets devoted their shoes. CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #69438
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Re: Sandals

Yep, I only wear sensible sandals. Not ones made solely for looks. I only wear flipflops as a substitute for slippers and for quick runs out of the apartment like getting mail, taking out the trash, or a walk to the corner store two blocks away. I donmt own crocs, but I've borrowed Mom's that she uses for gardening in (despite her feet being nearly three sizes smaller than me) a few times for watering her lawn. And yes, chronic athlete's foot to those with the utter lack of sense to wear uggs in JULY. Or uggs ever. Those boots are fucking hideous and heinously overpriced.

...COUNTING ones just for cosplay, I own eighteen pairs of footwear. Two pairs of running shoes, one quite worn out. One pair of sensible sandals, one pair flipflops, two pairs ballet flats (one for a cosplay), a pair of converse I've worn five times since 2009, winter boots, a pair of combat boots I haven't worn since 2009 but am hanging onto, two pairs of calf-high flat slouch boots (one for cosplay originally), one pair of knee-high flat slouch boots, a pair of boots modded for Quorra, platforms for Twilight Sparkle, a pair of ankle heeled boots, a pair of sexy stilleto boots I wear normally and with my Molly Millions cosplay, a pair of boots for my elf ranger cosplay, annnnd a pair of riding boots I used for OrgXIII cosplays I'm trying to sell, since I don't wear them anymore and they cost a lot.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #69439
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I can't wear flipflops.

The little part those goes between my toes tickles so much I can't stand it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #69440
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I solved the problem most of the time by adding adorable tabi socks (you know. The split-toed socks worn with kimono). I have frogs, goldfish, plain white, and I used to have a gorgeous pair given to me as a gift FROM Japan but lost one at the laundromat.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #69441
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
So Brandon wanted to watch The Naked Gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I only made it a little more then half-way in before I got super tired and went to bed.

Are there any movies in the comedy genre that have held your interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #69442
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

These napkins are pretty awesome.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #69443
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
In fairness, if I were watching Naked Gun for the first time now, I'd be pretty bored, too.

BACK TO SHOES: I am trying to count in my head. I no longer have any pairs for cosplay and have been trying to stick to the get-one-chuck-one rule (ha) so everything right now is ostensibly for daily wear.

-three or four pairs of ankle strap black flat sandals (THEY HAVE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES, OKAY?)
-Hello Kitty flip flops
-furry brown slipper boots
-furry brown outside boots
-knee high low wedge boots in cognac
-sequin platform heels
-black skimmer flats with all-over sequin skulls (need repair)
-cream and green leather kitten heels with dog print
-caramel round toe wedges with ankle strap
-black faux suede lace-up wedge booties
-black faux suede high heel booties
-red faux suede lace up booties
-black faux suede lace up low heel granny booties
-red faux suede round tow low wedges
-emerald green open-toe ankle strap wedges
-fuzzy cream low wedges with bunny faces
-red and white platform wedge boots with bunny faces
-low heel metallic cobalt blue lace up granny boots
-red and white stripe round toe flats with cat faces and tails
-open toe platform heels with werewolf print
-round toe flats in colorful stripe fabric
-low wedge ankle strap red fabric espadrilles
-metallic blue open toe wedges with red, blue, yellow Lucite heel
-black mixed fabric pumps with charms and bow
-red mixed fabric pumps with charms and bow
-neon green Chuck Taylor lowtops
-cream brocade Chuck Taylor lowtops
-black Chuck Taylor lowtops
-black and cream buffalo check Chuck Taylor lowtops
-black round toe wedges with rhinestone hearts
-gray sequin Converse One Star lowtops
-I have completely lost track at this point but I'm fairly certain there are a bunch I'm missing that are strewed across my bedroom floor right now

Oh Christ I have a problem, don't I?
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #69444
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Wow, colourful shoes. All my shoes are black, with one grey and one brown (and in that case, it was needed for the costume colour. I LOATHE brown.). Dunno just what colour my sandals are, though. And one white pair for my Schala cosplay.
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #69445
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post

It had it's moments. But I had a killer headache that made it hard to focus. So maybe I'd appreciate it more if I wasn't half conscious.

I liked Dogma but that's pretty questionable as a comedy film.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any specific comedy films that stand out to me aside from Airplane.

Brandon's super into the parody and 'stupid comedy' genres and I just get kinda bored with them after a while.

I remember liking National Lampoons as a kid. But I haven't seen it in ages. Same with 'Ace Ventura'.

Being that the last time I saw both of those films I was around 10 it's relatively questionable if I would still like them.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #69446
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Yknow...some nights you jusst need to sit in the dark, listen to music, and look outside.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #69447
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I wear only flip flops in the summer, it's the closest to being barefoot in public as I can get. FUCK YEA BAREFOOOOOOOOOOOT
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #69448
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I have so much stuff to do that I can't prioritize and sklfjsd; I don't know what I should be doing! Vocab, bio, math, chemistry.......aaaah!

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #69449
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

I need some Visene for my eyes
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #69450
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just discovered traditional Mongolian music. Yep. Add another country to my list of "fascinating ethnic music".