Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3962 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #69571
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Welp, my parasprite plushies are slowly taking over my house with their cute multiplying ways and I still have materials for a good dozen more, at least. So I put up my latest one for sale on dA (shameless advertising; http://shinobixikyu.deviantart.com/a...nobixikyu&qo=0 ). It both sends the adorable pests to a good home, AND puts a few more bucks into my college fund.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #69572
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Those are so cute! Good luck selling them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #69573
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm hoping I can sell five or six, then I'll be contented and hopefully out of materials for more. (They're adorable but kind of a pain in the butt. The eyes are hard to get right and it takes about three-four hours work for me, handsewing, to do one from start to finish. I have a LOT of other things I should be working on....)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #69574
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I think I'm at a point where I can be relatively happy with what I have for my prom dress bodice? I'm considering putting bones only in the back because of the corset back but then that's weird so I'll end up putting bones everywhere.
But the lining gives it so much more body that I really don't want to (but will anyway).

And I'm STILL ignoring my grant and chem powerpoint....

Also, I hope that drinking lots of water helps with colds because I've drank 5-6 21oz bottles of water today.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #69575
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Welp.

That was depressing as all hell.

Thanks Bioshock.

Totally called Elizabeth's purpose to Booker like halfway in tho. HIGH FIVE FOR ME YEAH? YEAH!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #69576
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Went to Six Flags Great America today. It was opening weekend and a Sunday, so I thought it would be sort of empty with kids still being in school. It was quite the opposite! Due to their super cheap online ticket price, place was pretty damn packed! Thanks to the Flash Pass thing they have do, I was able to go on some of the rides without waiting long.

Also found out I'm good at the throwing darts at balloon game lol. Went 3 for 3, and won a plush Pokeball and a Pikachu. It's my crazy skills XD

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #69577
Ilafatyu
That guy

PiC dropped off the face of the earth at 7 after saying she'd call when she got home. She never stays out until midnight. She's not answering her phone. Is it wrong that I'm nervous?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #69578
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Not at all. Heck, I still get worried when my parents aren't home an hour after they said they'll be (and my Dad's a neanderthal who WILL NOT EVER get a damn cell phone, so I CAN'T check up on wtf happened....)
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #69579
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I just finished weeding part of the garden. Bloody hell it's sunny out there. O_o

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #69580
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Welp.

That was depressing as all hell.

Thanks Bioshock.
Yeah, what was arguably the best ending to a Triple AAA title in years was pretty bleak. But I dug the hell out of the game, and can praise it for hours.

So FCBD day was fun. Got to hear some guy scream on the phone about smuggling drugs with his ass (#buttsmuggling) got some free comics, both 4 books for like 40% off and saw IM3. Which I liked enough, but I'm hard-pressed to say "GO SEE NOW!" It's a good flick, but it's very much a summer blockbuster. Better than 2 IMO, but no where as good as Cap or the Avengers. I think it's time to retire solo Iron Man films. I also watched EVA 3.33 which is a BEAUTIFUL looking film but man, it does not give you time to catch your breathe.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #69581
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Yeah, what was arguably the best ending to a Triple AAA title in years was pretty bleak.
Not a bad thing!

Maybe they'll make a Columbia DLC where you can faff around Columbia to pander to the fans >_> (Although in the Bioshock context, it might be better if they faff around Rapture)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #69582
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Not a bad thing!

Maybe they'll make a Columbia DLC where you can faff around Columbia to pander to the fans >_> (Although in the Bioshock context, it might be better if they faff around Rapture)
Oh no, I loved the ending to BSI. It's just not very upbeat, lol.

I also liked Citadel as well. Say what you want, but Bioware pretty much let everyone know that it was $15 (or $10, I forgot how Microsoft moon dollars work) worth of fanservice when it was announced. And as a fan, I was serviced.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #69583
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I just.

Songbird.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #69584
Kelley
Devil of Details

I refuse to study until tomorrow so I'm just going to sit here and get so bored that I write this post.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #69585
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

It's supposed to be 77 degrees by noon today, reaching a high of 82 by 4PM. I'm def going out to the sculpture park and the waterfront and the beach today~

Considering putting on sunscreen so I don't get another spectacular sunburn like the first warm day I went out last year.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote