Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #69856
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Stars - that dress is amazing!

I gave my guinea pig an empty oatmeal box to play with while he's having out of cage time.
He hasn't left the box. He's either in it, on it, or nibbling it. I guess I did good putting that empty box back in the cupboard
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #69857
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yay, right while I was almost out of cash I won ten bucks. But it's going to the couple of food items I'm bringing to Anime North (boyfriend and I buy some snack items, mini cereal boxes and some fruit to save a bit of money and time eating out at breakfasts. We eat at home Friday when we leave that morning, have our brought stuff Saturday&Sunday and a proper buffet breakfast before we leave Monday. And snacks are a lifesaver at the badge line and when travelling to the con. Or a large amount of back-to-back panels we don't want to miss.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #69858
shoelace
patoot

I'm so jealous of all you people going to Anime North, I can't make it. :<
Have a rad time though!
shoelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #69859
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I'm with Shoelace-- wish I could go too, but I'm sure you all will have a blast! Quebec is gorgeous, I hope I get to go back soon. @.@

Luna, Amanita-- Thank you! <3 I'll make sure to get some photos of it in the dark next time I wear it!

Also OH MY GOSH SO EXCITED
Just got a letter from Harvard saying that I got in to the summer Freshman Arts Program! skdfhsdkhf I get to go up a week early and take classes under artists who designed showcases at the MET, who wrote scripts/scores for Broadway musicals, who won numerous international film festivals, and who wrote scores for the company 'Skywalker Sounds' (aka the people who did the Harry Potter/Pirates of the Caribbean/Star Wars/Avatar) soundtracks.
FREAKING OUT CANNOT EVEN HANDLE THIS EXCITEMENT
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #69860
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
I'm with Shoelace-- wish I could go too, but I'm sure you all will have a blast! Quebec is gorgeous, I hope I get to go back soon. @.@

Luna, Amanita-- Thank you! <3 I'll make sure to get some photos of it in the dark next time I wear it!

Just got a letter from Harvard saying that I got in to the summer Freshman Arts Program! skdfhsdkhf I get to go up a week early and take classes under artists who designed showcases at the MET, who wrote scripts/scores for Broadway musicals, who won numerous international film festivals, and who wrote scores for the company 'Skywalker Sounds' (aka the people who did the Harry Potter/Pirates of the Caribbean/Star Wars/Avatar) soundtracks.
Come to Anime North someday Stars! (though I feel I should point out that it's in Ontario, not Quebec. Quebec cons are also good, but contain significantly more French ^_^)
Also congrats on the summer program! That sounds like a great experience!
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #69861
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Ahhh, I was mixing up Anime North and Otakuthon, I think. xD

And thank you! I'm curious to see what exact courses they'll put me in, and if I learn anything that could possibly be applied to cosplaying while I'm there, I'll be sure to share it here!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #69862
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
That's so awesome!! I'm not gonna lie, I actually stalked Harvard's freshman arts program because I was curious after your video.....so I'm so excited for you!

Meanwhile. My toesies hurt!
My first class is hard and en pointe and we ended with fouettes/turns from fifth, and then I had two hours of class on flat (aka time for my feet to swell) and then another pointe class ;_;

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #69863
Khorrupt

Is it just me, or is everyone sick of hearing that 'cup song' from Pitch Perfect?

Yeah, it was cool the first time she did it.

I suppose it was cool when the first few fans did it to.

Frankly, it is not impressive anymore and it's borderline annoying.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #69864
Lithium Flower
Handphones

OH GOD ITS BACK.

The website was down for me. I hear tell it happened to some other people too.

It's been days.

I felt so alone.

Like I was lost in a dark cave with no sign of daylight in sight.

Also I made some things and stuff. It was fun.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #69865
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I am NOT adjusting well to my new glasses. The astigmatism correction in the right eye went up and my myopia correction went up a little.... looking at things for than a few feet away is not going so well. The floor and walls appear to be closer and "bulging" and it's giving me eyestrain in the right eye. If I can't adjust to this in a few weeks, I'm going to have to go BACK to the optometrist and tell him this prescription fucked up... and that's going to cost a god damn fortune.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #69866
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Discussing with a friend about room cost for a convention, and not sure how it makes sense to charge everyone $130 for 3 nights if someone only goes for 2 nights. Sucks for anyone that only goes one night and wants to room with them :/

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #69867
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Discussing with a friend about room cost for a convention, and not sure how it makes sense to charge everyone $130 for 3 nights if someone only goes for 2 nights. Sucks for anyone that only goes one night and wants to room with them :/
That's kinda sucky.
I've never 'charged' friends for more then the length of their actual stay :\
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 05-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #69868
shoelace
patoot

Quote:

Congrats on the program! That sounds like an absolutely amazing experience. c:
shoelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #69869
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So I decided to go to Atomic Lollipop con next summer.... it being a summer con and with a sort of carnival atmosphere, a comfy summer cosplay is a must. So Twilight Sparkle with a small adjustment is one of the two I'd like to have....
so then I started thinking of a second that'd be comfy in hot weather. I was still thinking ponies, and I figured Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy would be good summer ones since I could do RD in athletic-style clothes and Fluttershy would be suited to a breezy dress. I hate dresses and pink.
So I figured, "Well, if I can put it together really cheap I could do Rainbow Dash for the con".
I don't particularly like Rainbow Dash AND NOW I AM INTIMATELY PLANNING THE DETAILS FOR A CHEAP SUMMER-FRIENDLY GIJINKA. WHAT THE HELL?
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #69870
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Things Emmers has to do before Friday:

-Tailor the sleeves on my dress
I am going to just thrown in a few simple stitches to keep the sleeves tightened so I don't have to worry about huge safety pins popping open and jabbing my wrist.

-Sewn snap closures onto the jacket for Brandon's costume.
I am sewing little snap closures onto the corners of his cape and then onto his jacket so it just snaps into place and the closures are hidden under the lapel of his jacket. BOOM SWAG. But I accidentally sewed the hole part of the snap facing the wrong way on his jacket...

-Wig stylin'
Merida's wig is still a bit too 'uniform' looking. I need to make more little skinny tight curls all over da place what.

-Carve the bow
Brandon sketched out the Celtic design on the front of the bow for me last night and I am going to use the wood burning tools on the bow so it's all carved in there n' what not. It's going to be...complicated...

-Quiver get
It's surprisingly hard to find a quiver...

-Make arrows
I have some wooden dowels that I am going to cut in half and make into fakey arrows. But all the saws are at Brandons folks house so I have to wait. Sad face.

It's funny, every convention we say we're packing the weekend before and um NOPE.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○