Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3824 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #71611
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Fanime is the only one I know of that will let you sing stuff at open mic that isn't anime/jpop. I don't know any damn anime songs, unfortunately.
I know english lyrics to kpop jpop and anime songs ARE allowed... but I don't know anything besides Sailor Moon theme song.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #71612
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,670
I never got the appeal of the whole "magical girl" thing.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #71613
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I never got the appeal of the whole "magical girl" thing.
Because you're just not manly enough to handle that much sparkles and skirts?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #71614
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit
 
LoliLovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,672
So I had to be rushed to emergency care because I was dizzy, constantly puking, and had to crawl because the room was upside down...meh
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #71615
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
So I had to be rushed to emergency care because I was dizzy, constantly puking, and had to crawl because the room was upside down...meh
When someone offers you the brown acid you say NO.

Seriously gal, what's wrong.


No Blondie, I found the shows to be repetitive.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #71616
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
I love my bed
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #71617
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
So I had to be rushed to emergency care because I was dizzy, constantly puking, and had to crawl because the room was upside down...meh
Aww, I'm really sorry that happened to you. Does this happen often? Because I'm remembering that you've said you're feeling really dizzy before.....and I'm actually thinking you might have Meniere's disease?
I hope you feel better!
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #71618
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Last night I had a dream I had to pee SO BAD, and when I did, I pee'd so much it overflowed. Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Last night I dreamed I was trying to find the source of a weird noise. I looked all over the house and couldn't find it.

Woke up and stepped on a fireball.
I DREAMED A DREAM IN TIME GONE BIIIIIIIYYYYEEEE!
WHEN HOPE WAS HIGH AND LIFE WORTH LIVIIIIING!!
I DREAMED THAT LOVE WOULD NEVER DIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!
I DREAMED THAT GOD WOULD BE FORGIVIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I WON'T DANCE DON'T ASK ME
I WON'T DANCE DON'T ASK ME
I WON 'T DANCE, MONSIEUR WITH YOOUUUUU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
ABBA is fucking awesome.
Word, fucking word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I never got the appeal of the whole "magical girl" thing.
Girl. Magical. What's not to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
So I had to be rushed to emergency care because I was dizzy, constantly puking, and had to crawl because the room was upside down...meh
D: Hope you're o.k. Loli.

Me, I'm back from hiking, covered in mud, knocking back vodka. Life is good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
So I blame you Hag. Stop being such a bitch. With... With your brain, n' shit.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #71619
sooyong
Ninja for Hire
 
sooyong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
No Blondie, I found the shows to be repetitive.
They're repetitive because they have to stretch the series out. It's pretty much the same pattern for every Sailor Moon episode, but if you read the manga it's not like that.

But if you mean repetitive as in all shows seem alike, then I dunno since I've only watched Sailor Moon, which is enough magical girl for me. I've heard Madoka Magica isn't a typical one though, and that it's pretty dark. (No one spoil it since I plan to watch it soon!)



In other news, I played drums today. I've only played a real set once or twice before, so even I was surprised that I could crank out a few improvised rhythms. Now I'm sitting at my desk doing drum and bass pedal motions until I get the chance to play again after work.
__________________
I live in Japan. Questions? Message me on my Facebook page


2014 plans:
TGS2014 - Zhurong (DW8) and fem!Kotetsu (Tiger&Bunny)
BIGBANG Concert - Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
Winter Comiket - ???


sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #71620
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Madoka is definitely not a typical mahou shoujo series at all. It IS dark, but it's also pretty genius. I didn't like it at first because I couldn't get past some of the weird animation stuff, but after I got past the first few episodes, I just LOVED it. It's also short--but sweet. Only 12 episodes, rather than 2983472893472 like most magical girl series end up being.
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #71621
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.
 
Mykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Madoka is definitely not a typical mahou shoujo series at all. It IS dark, but it's also pretty genius. I didn't like it at first because I couldn't get past some of the weird animation stuff, but after I got past the first few episodes, I just LOVED it. It's also short--but sweet. Only 12 episodes, rather than 2983472893472 like most magical girl series end up being.
Yeah, you have to give it at least 3 episodes. You'll understand why
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #71622
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,670
So OKCupid just offered a position as a moderator to me.

Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #71623
MidnightMinx90
Registered User
 
MidnightMinx90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 43
I'm working on cosplays again!
But I need help, and mom's at the store, waiting for my sis to get off work, so I can't continue until they're home
__________________
SuperWhoLocked, Witch, Blood, Audience member, SHIELD agent, APERTURE test subject, bookaddicted geek/nerd, gamer


Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #71624
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,341
I gave Madoka 2 episodes, but the art style was butt. IDK, maybe I'll give it a another shot now that it's on Hulu Plus, but Attack on Titan is currently my anime-jam.


Also Lolicorn, no dying please. CHRIS' WORD IS LAW!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #71625
belligerent
Viking Metal
 
belligerent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,429
Loli, that is pretty unpleasant sounding. FEEL BETTER OR ELSE.

Also Madoka is fucking awesome. Watch it while you're waiting for AoT to update. It's genre deconstruction in the same kind of way watchmen is a deconstruction of the superhero genre.

But less misogynistic, heh.
__________________
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.