Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3949 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #72361
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Heading out of town shortly (bleh 11 hour drive). Totally not bringing the laptop, so be safe in your travels and enjoy your holiday guys!
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #72362
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Where the hell does my Mom keep all this underwear? I washed an ENTIRE load of just her socks and panties. Holy crap. Easily fifty pairs of underwear in it. Thank god she didn't ask me to fold it or I'd be up all night.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #72363
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Where the hell does my Mom keep all this underwear? I washed an ENTIRE load of just her socks and panties. Holy crap. Easily fifty pairs of underwear in it. Thank god she didn't ask me to fold it or I'd be up all night.
Who on earth fold underwear anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #72364
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Huh? For some reason, coscom isn't loading through my laptop (it seems to be accessible through my kindle and by using a proxy, for some reason....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by BisectedBrioche : 07-03-2013 at 07:48 AM.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #72365
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
My mother tried to incorrectly tell me what is what about super heroes.... no... just no mom...
STEP OFF MOM, THAT'S MY JOB!

Although good on your mom for being cool on Super Heroes.

Half-day, then a glorious 4.5 days off from work. Everything is OKAY.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #72366
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Gonna listen to radioactive for five hundred years
I am deep into that song. If I danced, I would dance to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Who on earth fold underwear anyway?
I do. Helps it fit in my drawer easier and makes it simple for me to pick which pair I'm wearing that day. I organize it by fancy panties and granny panties.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #72367
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Things are very screwy right now.

Boyfriends grandmother is in terrible condition at a nursing home where the doctors told his family she is 'actively dying'. Having no idea what the difference might be from say; passively or possibly even arrogantly dying was I had to look it up:

Quote:
Active Dying is the final phase of life, which is usually measured in months, weeks, days or hours. Once a person has entered the actively dying phase, the focus of their care shifts from aggressively treating medical problems to providing comfort or palliative care.
About two weeks ago she broke her hip, entered the hospital, and had been in recovery that everyone was told had been going well. Somewhere along the line things took a turn for the worst and she's now in the care at a nursing home. Yesterday Boyfriend found out on his way to work and when he told his boss he was sent home so he could spend time with family. We spent several hours yesterday with some family in her room at the nursing home. As one can imagine, Boyfriend has been destroyed.

This is not an easy time for him, or his family, and I really hope that I am doing the best I can for him right now.

It's distressing how much I am thinking of my own late grandmother right now.

In the midst of that, Boyfriend just got a raise at work. A full dollar. Which sounds pitiful but helps a lot. he also got $100 for some advertisement work he was doing for the company.

In August my mom and dad are coming into town. My dad is staying at the apartment with us for however long. We might go with him up to Traverse City to visit family overnight. I haven't been up there in a very long time, not since my grandmother died. So it will be nice to go.

My mom may bring my older cat, Holden, back too.
I asked her if she just really didn't want to give him up and was too attached to him now and she said she had to think about it. Which I understand. If she just really can't stand to give him up I'll just let her keep him. I miss him greatly tho.

Life is a very strange place sometimes. I am not quite sure what to do with it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #72368
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

My grandpa is in hospital as well right now.

He's needed heart surgery for ages now but they've been postponing it because his blood pressure and iron levels have been too low. He was sent to hospital last night because of fluid in his lungs meaning he couldn't breathe.

This just couldn't be at a worse time with us moving house in 2 days.

I really hope he gets better. My condolences to you and Brandon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #72369
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My grandpa's in a bad way too (he was in hospital last month, but he's been transferred home and has a couple of care workers visiting twice a day to help my Grandma look after him).

My condolences to the three of you.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #72370
Lithium Flower
Handphones

@Fullbleed; Best of luck to you and your folks. I hope it turns out well.

Brandon was informed at work that his grandmother passed away. When we got to the nursing center his mother, sister, aunt, and two others I didn't recognize where there.

Everyone is in the highest spirits as can be imagined. I think they where all able to make their peace with her inevitable passing and had a chance to reconcile things on their own.

The regular 4th of July gatherings are still happening tomorrow at his sisters home, held in honor of their grandmother.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #72371
MidnightMinx90

I've missed out on several cons this past year due to school and a lack of money (also hey, my ex went to basically all those and I don't want anything to do with her), and finally went to my first one this weekend since early October.

And I didn't enjoy it. I made a new friend. That's it.
I felt left alone, didn't get to hang out with/talk with my "friends" as much as I had wanted/hoped and now I feel all alone even though I went there, because I doubt anyone of them cares about me anymore.

I've been attending cons here In Norway, three in Germany, one in Sweden and one in England (Ring*Con in Germany, NšrCon in Sweden as well London MCM Expo two years ago), for the past about five years, and now I judt don't want to anymore.

I've ALWAYS had someone to go with and had hoped my boyfriend could come with me to this one, but he couldn't because he already had plans(on top of that we don't really keep in touch and I don't know what's going on between us).

Cons just aren't tempting anymore, even though I enjoy cosplaying. It has lost all the joy and purpose it once held for me and I feel broken because of it, even though I just can't be bothered to care at the same time

Made: Nocturnal and Night Mother from Skyrim ~ Malik al-Sayf and Leonardo da Vinci from Assassin's Creed ~ Morghann from The Black Jewels ~ Witch from Left 4 Dead
MidnightMinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #72372
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

*crawls on emmers and hugs emmers face*
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #72373
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

What the hell did I just watch.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #72374
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

*hugs for Emmers and Brandon*
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #72375
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I will pass the hugs on with gusto.

As odd as it might sound, the family seems to be in good spirits.
His aunt is dealing with the funeral arrangements with a very matter-of-fact attitude and after final goodbyes his mother made a trip out to get groceries for the 4th of July goings ons tomorrow and we went with her. Things where light hearted and I think she enjoyed the company of the two of us.
It seems like everyone has sort of taken things matter-of-factly and are continuing par the course and choosing to celebrate the life of their mother and grandmother with much showmanship.

His family can certainly be an amazing bunch.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○