Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3106 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #72736
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
And now I not only want to eat a Blooming Onion, I want to blow off everything I'm supposed to do today and just play Borderlands 2. I blame CHris, and by CHris I MEAN YOU! However, I know that you are happy to own this one.
I AM!

To be fair, so do I now. But I can't because work, and PACIFIC RIM TONIGHT IN 3-D IMAX! The fomer sucks, the later, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
The thing is, that's not even the beginning of what I'm actually depressed about.
Alright, I'm gonna be the asshole. You've been posting about this for DAYS. You obviously want to talk about it, because otherwise why else would you be posting about it. So do so. It's not like you'd be the first to come to OTC with a problem, and it will probably do you some good to get it off your chest.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #72737
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I AM!

To be fair, so do I now. But I can't because work, and PACIFIC RIM TONIGHT IN 3-D IMAX! The fomer sucks, the later, not so much.
Will see PR either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how much The Saint cares about seeing giant robots fight aliens.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #72738
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
You know, as someone who often had their attempts to instill good eating habits undermined by outside influences, I understand the desire to do something in the media to counter-act the billion dollar junk food industry that bombards our children with advertising disguised as toys. But having this faux super hero set-up is basically implying that chips and soda are "crimes" or "evil". Seriously. WTF. I'm sorry I even clicked on that link because, once again, extraneous irritation has found it's way into my life via the Internet. I blame CHris. And by CHris, I mean SV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Obviously I am pretty relaxed about feeding LD, but I feel you. I try and make sure he gets at least one fruit/veggie at every meal and it can be tough, when you're out and about and/or don't have a lot of time to cook from scratch, to find nutritious options. And this is still a few years off from when I have to worry about him begging me for everything he sees on TV and in commercials, or whatever his little friends have.

It's just dumb and bad to posit snacks as villainous, though. Having a few cookies is okay. I wonder if David is orthorexic, in which case, I feel kind of bad for hating on him, but feel even more grossed-out by Sam Sandwich and Salad Lad for enabling a serious eating disorder.
I can't even handle my own hang ups surrounding food and can't imagine how I would be able to raise a youngin' not to be equally neurotic. Any parents 'round these parts have my eternal awe and frightened respect.

Aside from the parenting aspect, I have an immediate knee-jerk reaction to 'junk food' being demonized. Particularly when the foodstuffs is given a humanized persona that is then demonized as an individual person.

Is this like..a new theme that's happening lately or did I just never notice it when I was a child? I seriously don't remember this kind of rampant 'health' fanaticism being present in children's entertainment when I was a youngin'. Maybe it was less overt and personified?

The other day I was at the mall with Brando at a JcPennys and we where just strollin' around as I was looking for a few things. He wandered off to look in mens while I rummaged about. As soon as he was out of sight one of the employees who was organizing a sale rack asks me "Is he always so patient!". Then talked about how she wished all guys where that patient and 'does he have a brother?'.

I didn't realize I was doing something that required my man slave to have the patience of a god.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #72739
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
We truly belong together.
Between the 8th and the 28th, I belong with no one.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #72740
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Will see PR either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how much The Saint cares about seeing giant robots fight aliens.
I think I've said this before, but PR is my 2013 Avengers, in terms of excitement/hype. (In terms of theme/cast, my 2013 Avengers comparison goes to Furious 6). The fact that the Carrie-monster is also excited to see this movie with me gives me the warm fuzzies....

....and the boner.....

SORRY, COULDNT RESIST!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #72741
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris

Alright, I'm gonna be the asshole. You've been posting about this for DAYS. You obviously want to talk about it, because otherwise why else would you be posting about it. So do so. It's not like you'd be the first to come to OTC with a problem, and it will probably do you some good to get it off your chest.
I don't want to talk about it because this is a unique situation and one I'm not comfortable airing publicly because it involved somebody else whose privacy I'm not willing to breach. However it does help me to acknowledge that I am having a rough time because otherwise I internalize it and it builds.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #72742
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Different cuts of the cow demand different amounts of cook-thoroughedness, you uncultured savage!
I'll concede to this. However, the 'different amounts of cook-thoroughedness' is based on a scale from 'Soldier of Fortune' to 'Jonestown' all the way through to Cannibal Holocaust.

CATCHING UP :-

Super excited for Pacific Rim and super bummed that getting fired for being gay is apparently possible.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #72743
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I almost forgot to tell you guys: while I was purging files, I pulled out records for a guy named John Dick.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #72744
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Super excited for Pacific Rim and super bummed that getting fired for being gay is apparently possible.
Me too! And while I couldn't see that healthy eating video (damn restrictions on content because I'm in Canada!), it sounds hella annoying, pretty much the wrong way to teach kids about healthy eating, and moderation in all things.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #72745
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I almost forgot to tell you guys: while I was purging files, I pulled out records for a guy named John Dick.
There was a guy on 'Paranormal Witness' named Chris Wiener, making me realize I am the furthest thing from an adult.

Look errybody. Emmers is doing a thing. Sort of.

My color choices ended up reminding me bubblegum.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #72746
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Seeing and ENT and audiologist. Apparently I'm losing my hearing in my left ear from the chronic ear infections...well fuck...
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #72747
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Looks like the tone of conversation here has been bugballs loopy again. If it ain't broke, right?

NO BRO. I gotta agree with Clem on this one. Give it to me raw and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.
YEEEE. Gimme that shit still mooing.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #72748
Clementine
I do as I please.

I went shopping last night and got neat things!

I got a dusty rose colored skirt that's short in the front and tapers to long in the back and has criss-crossing leather string detailing on the waistband in the center, an emerald green patent leather cross-body purse, ivory lace faux TOMS, and these dangly earrings that have turquoise skulls, white plastic roses, and clear crystals hanging from them.

I am sporting all my new purchases today and am about to go to 7/11 for a free slurpee then go pick up my prescription for adderall. I took my last adderall yesterday and today I've been SO HUNGRY because apparently without amphetamines in my system I actually need food to survive. Frowny face.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #72749
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I just wanted to make pancakes for two people.

Is that really so much to ask, Bisquick?

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #72750
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I just wanted to make pancakes for two people.

Is that really so much to ask, Bisquick?

Take the steps for 14 pancakes and cut it in half?
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote