Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3186 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #72871
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
When my one ex found out she would try to pursued me to drink more often.

"oh, I'm driving tonight so I guess you gotta drink my drinks Gary"
It's never too early for a shot of gin?

"Honey, it's 6am.."

"And it's 6pm somewhere else.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I always get carded, hahahaha. And called sir.
AWKWARDDDDDD. The last bit that is.

I have had particular assets since I was very young and have not been mistaken for a 'sir', though it did mean older guys thought I myself was their age. Nope. Just 13. Move along.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #72872
belligerent
Viking Metal

I'm actually more weirded out when people don't think I'm a dude. I seriously don't care if people misgender me. I think it's funny.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #72873
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Apparently I'm a fun drunk.
I shouldn't be talking about this...but apparently I'm a fun drunk as well. Not like, obnoxious or anything, just really cool to be around. And beer is gross, I don't like it. Anything else I'm pretty cool with though!

Last edited by LoliLovely : 07-13-2013 at 01:47 AM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #72874
belligerent
Viking Metal

Beer and I aren't on speaking terms since a couple weeks ago, LOL. To be fair, I had way too much and it was hot outside, and I don't really like IPAs that much, anyway. Not really digging the "let's hop the shit out of every beer" trend. I usually really like beer, though.

Most of what I end up drinking at cons is warm vodka or rum because who has time for ice, really?
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #72875
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Beer and I aren't on speaking terms since a couple weeks ago, LOL. To be fair, I had way too much and it was hot outside, and I don't really like IPAs that much, anyway. Not really digging the "let's hop the shit out of every beer" trend. I usually really like beer, though.

Most of what I end up drinking at cons is warm vodka or rum because who has time for ice, really?
Ehhh beer can be okay sometimes. It really depends on the atmosphere to me, and omg that is so true. My friend Kyle had a party and there was no ice, and he just said "ice is for people who can't handle life" Of course, he was already a tad drunk xD Our friend Sven drinks one or two beers and he's already stupid and it really kills it for everyone -_-
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #72876
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeah. By "living to get shitfaced" I basically mean "Nothing else matters but getting drunk and I have no other hobbies" or "OH MY GOD I'M GONNA DRINK TIL I PROJECTILE VOMIT CAUSE IT'S AWESOME".
You are talking about alcoholism, not a young drinking culture. Big difference.

I had my first drink at about 12-13. It wasn't a sign of, as you put it, "SERIOUS PROBLEMS TO COME OMG!!!"

In France it is common to give infants a dab of wine through a cloth at garden parties and such.

As Fullbleed says, this greatly reduces the risk of some 21 year old dudebro having his first sip of beer, getting absolutely shitfaced and doing something stupid.

The entire world does't work out it's social moralities based on what the North American continent thinks. So, you know, maybe not be so quick to judge and so confident of your opinions on the drinking culture of countries that I doubt you have ever visited.

Quote:
I'm a teetotaller/DON'T DRINK IT'S BAD-er when the person is not a nice drunk or can't realize "Kay, I'm feeling buzzed, that's enough for now". Most people AREN'T happy sociable drunks when drunk (the two times I've gotten tipsy enough to class as drunk, I get stupidly giggly, lose my hand-eye coordination and then fall asleep if there's a bed nearby. Happy, but not exactly sociable.). The majority of the people I've met who were legitimately drunk, were either mean/violent, trouble-starting (everyone knows the "girl who gets drunk and runs mouth about everyone not in the room and tries to fight everyone in the room" type), horny, spouting off all kinds of profanity or indecency, depressed, or were drunk enough to not even be able to follow simple directions such as "No, puke in the TOILET, not the fireplace". No, I have no tolerance for that kind of shit. Do that in front of me and I'm calling the police to take you to the drunk tank, nor will I exhibit even an ounce of sympathy for drunken mishaps later regretted (it's your own damn fault because you couldn't stop drinking when you'd had enough).
I'll try a counterargument, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to hear me up on your pedestal.

Basically, it sounds like you have known a load of really shitty people to get drunk with. Unlucky for you. I know a load of awesome ones, and we have a great time regularly, and we are all intelligent enough to realise that there is nothing inherently depraved with what we are doing. And then we pity people who treat alcohol as some kind of evil taboo approximately on par with a baby seal-holocaust.

You may have noticed, but super-moral, anti-drinking/smoking/etc attitudes are some of my least favourite.

My reply may seem unnecessarily aggressive, but I remember a very similar discussion a while back where you gave off, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a vibe of "people who drink are actually just stupider than me because they clearly don't understand how bad it is!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
That doesn't sound pleasant.
Probably shouldn't have been smoking pot on his land. I was a dumb child.

Don't do drugs, kids.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #72877
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Soldat View Post

I love Japanese people
Even the ones who released sarin on the Tokyo subway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I have a group of con friends who are fairly heavy drinkers at cons, but they never do shit like starting random room parties or picking fights or showing up obviously drunk to events.

Most people AREN'T happy sociable drunks when drunk
You can't possibly know most of the people in the world who occasionally get drunk. You are saying that your personal experience equals all experience everywhere and so you pass judgement on all people everywhere who occasionally like to get drunk. Yet YOUR friends are somehow the exception to the rule that ALL drunks are obnoxious. Has it never occurred to you that you just don't notice non-obnoxious drunks who are not known to you personally? Perhaps it's because they are not doing anything to draw attention to themselves. Perhaps they are just minding their own drunken business being happy and social with their friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
My reply may seem unnecessarily aggressive, but I remember a very similar discussion a while back where you gave off, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a vibe of "people who drink are actually just stupider than me because they clearly don't understand how bad it is!"
There was also a similar discussion about smoking.

Last edited by The Hag : 07-13-2013 at 07:44 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #72878
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Thank you Sybren and Hag for once again saying what I don't have the courage to say myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #72879
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Just saw Pacific Rim.

I fear my penis will never be flaccid again.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #72880
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I just watched the weather. I saw clouds appearing tonight. Nice, cool clouds....

Then the weatherman revealed it was all just a cruel joke on the part of nature and a high pressure front's going to waltz in from the south and make things hot for the rest of the week the moment the sun rises again. Ugr....

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #72881
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I don't drink and feel awkward about it sometimes, like I should be drinking on this occasion and I often make stupid jokes about it and make things awkward. HURRRPP. It's the sort of thing that I end up caring about way more then anyone else ever does but I convince myself I am sticking out as the sober one.

My uncle is a terrible alcoholic that I am surprised hasn't died yet. Shockingly, I do not view any and all drinking peoples in the same light as my belligerent uncle. It's almost like I see people as being individuals and capable of their own best judgement.

Sometimes I get uncomfortable if someone is drunk and getting rowdy, but who wouldn't get uncomfortable at someone getting heated and rowdy in your face? It's not that they're drunk, it's that they're in my face and invading my personal safety bubble.

As for underage drinking, I actually drank more as a teen then I have as adult.*snort*

My mom used to get me strawberry daiquiris at hotels, those fruity drinks that admittedly barely have any alcohol in it. I had some kind of vodka and orange juice drink once that was kinda awful. I had a jack and coke that was alright but the ice cubes watered it all down pretty quick and it got nasty. I imagine it's the sort of thing you're meant to drink kinda fast?
I'd go for that again if anything. For my 21st birthday she got me this fruity drink at a local restaurant but it tasted like garbage. There where pockets of super alcoholic tasting 'veins' in this fruity mixed drink so it went from pleasant tasting fruit slush to WHOA HELLO GROSS. I am guessing it wasn't mixed right. It had a little shot on the side of the glass that just about knocked me off my ass.

I am allergic to wine too.

I imagine I'd be both a goofy drunk and particularly promiscuous.

Today Brando and I are going to the last day of the street fair. Awww yeah shaved ice <3
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #72882
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I rarely drink solely to get drunk. If I want to get drunk it's obvious because I order sake. Most of the time if we go out I get a glass of plum wine (if we are at a place that serves plum wine) or a silly, barely alcoholic fruity cocktail thing
If I do get drunk it's at home or a friend's or because its the only way Ill sing karaoke) and its a party.
I almost never drink alone, the exceptions being Bailey's in my cocoa, a glass of wine in the tub (because I'm an ADULT.) and those little pre-bottled mudslides that I buy and forget about, then find and have one.

Although once at my friend's birthday party her mom, after confirming Meghan was driving, kept filling up my margarita cup when I wasn't looking. That was interesting.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #72883
belligerent
Viking Metal

I never drink alone because I have a cat who lives with me. He doesn't drink, though, because he is a cat.
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #72884
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I just saw a nun walking a chihuahua.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #72885
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Thank you Sybren and Hag for once again saying what I don't have the courage to say myself.
You just need some liquid courage! XD

Quote:
Just saw Pacific Rim.
Eh, it was no Sharknado. Nah....I'm joking. It was freaking AWESOME!

Quote:
I fear my penis will never be flaccid again.
What is up with you and CHris and your penises in regard to this movie? I was able to completely enjoy the movie despite not having one.

Last edited by The Hag : 07-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote