Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3917 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #73816
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
She puts up a good front, as I just find her rather dull. Does she save the evil for family?
YUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I really wish I could show you guys the envelope I just opened, because it was A TREASURE.
Literal treasure. Or has your butt-research been funded?!?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #73817
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Literal treasure. Or has your butt-research been funded?!?
Treasure as in I clutched it tightly to my chest, stroked it tenderly, and spoke the words "thank you dear Lord and resident of 914 2nd Street in New Hyde Park for bestowing this gift upon me today". At least, that's what I did after I stopped laughing.

Incidentally, anyone wishing to help fund my butthole research can send contributions to my PayPal account.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #73818
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
butthole research
I feel there's a joke about spelunking that should be made.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #73819
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I feel there's a joke about spelunking that should be made.
Please, by all means. That sort of thing is vital to my studies.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #73820
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Cheeseburger is the best name for a cat Emmers, hope you can get this cutie.

Also y'all with ac should give my your friend codes, now I've finally got my Internet working properly.

What have I been up to? Still reworking the new house. Today we've been steaming off the wallpaper and ugh... Let me tell you, steaming wallpaper in this heat is not fun. It's like a literal sauna.

Girl froiend was telling me in Finland it's considered weird if a house doesn't have a sauna. Probably the same way you'd be weird in Britain if you didn't have a kettle.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #73821
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Spiders. Spiders. Spiders. OH GOD I HATE ARACHNIDS. Mom's boyfriend had twenty bags/boxes of empties to take back to the LCBO. They're ALL EFFING FULL OF SPIDERS.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #73822
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

So, I've booked an appointment to get a tattoo. That was spur of the moment.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #73823
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I meant to say and then plumb forgot-- that is a SUPER CUTE cat name. It's definitely up there with Humbug and Fifty Cent, which are two names of cats I did not adopt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
But still less spur of the moment than just walking in and getting one. Which, dang, reminds me I have to see if my sister has openings for when she's back in town. And then probably I should decide what I want...
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #73824
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I couldn't.

Apparently they're fully booked for over a month. Which seemed pretty weird to me, but what the hell do I know, I've never had a tattoo before.

Also, I was on my lunch break at work, so it wouldn't have been all that practical.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #73825
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I couldn't.

Apparently they're fully booked for over a month. Which seemed pretty weird to me, but what the hell do I know, I've never had a tattoo before.

Also, I was on my lunch break at work, so it wouldn't have been all that practical.
I'm just joshin' ya. From what I understand, tattoo artists appreciate appointments way more than walk-ins, anyway.
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #73826
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Treasure as in I clutched it tightly to my chest, stroked it tenderly, and spoke the words "thank you dear Lord and resident of 914 2nd Street in New Hyde Park for bestowing this gift upon me today". At least, that's what I did after I stopped laughing.
Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Girl froiend was telling me in Finland it's considered weird if a house doesn't have a sauna. Probably the same way you'd be weird in Britain if you didn't have a kettle.
Check out BIG FINLAND over there Sauna-dropping.

Also Cheeseburger is a top name for a cat, but again, I remain partial to Pixel, Gronk and 50 Cent.

Quote:
I couldn't.

I'm excited to see which Cutie-Mark you decided on. SUCH A TWILIGHT SPARKLE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #73827
Lithium Flower
Handphones

So this morning Brandon woke up to find that four fishies where floating on the top of the tank. Not dead, just sort of listing on top and looking pitiful. There was a horrible smell in the tank he likened to that of sulfur.

So we quickly filled a back up tank, they're the small 10 gallon ones, and replaced the fish in one of those while I spent all afternoon cleaning out the 50 gallon one as best I can. I threw the old little colored rocks away and I am going to soak the little castle decoration in hot water and soap to make sure there's no bacteria growing on it. The little plastic plant got tossed with the rocks.

We have no idea what caused the smell since we just did a water change out last week. The fish are all swimming normally again and don't seem to have been permanently effected by whatever it was that had messed up the tank. I am glad none of them died :\ I think we're going to switch to getting big flat rocks, the kind that look like marbles, because the tiny color ones had all sorts of little crevices that algae and bacteria could grow in and some of the color had started to come off on them so I was concerned that the chemicals from the dye on the rocks could have been released into the water.

I can't figure out what caused the smell or the fish to just start bobbing around like little balloons but at least they're okay now.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #73828
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Finally getting my name tattooed huh?
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #73829
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Awwwwww yeah you have joined us in the AC group. :'D But ohhhh I'm sure the kitty sounds cute. <3
Quote:
Finally getting my name tattooed huh?
It better be 'fullbleed' tho. Just 'fullbleed'.

Tomorrow at 10:30am we can go visit Cheeseburger the cat ^^ we can't bring Jiji since it's not at a shelter but at an actual petstore but the shelter did say that if we adopt him and for whatever reason Jiji and Cheeseburger don't get along we can bring Cheeseburger back at any time or they have a free pet trainers we can speak with about seeing if there's any solution other then giving up Cheeseburger.

But we where approved! So if it goes well with seeing him outside of the cage tomorrow we can adopt him tomorrow.

#kitty4lyfe
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #73830
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
So this morning Brandon woke up to find that four fishies where floating on the top of the tank. Not dead, just sort of listing on top and looking pitiful. There was a horrible smell in the tank he likened to that of sulfur.

So we quickly filled a back up tank, they're the small 10 gallon ones, and replaced the fish in one of those while I spent all afternoon cleaning out the 50 gallon one as best I can. I threw the old little colored rocks away and I am going to soak the little castle decoration in hot water and soap to make sure there's no bacteria growing on it. The little plastic plant got tossed with the rocks.

We have no idea what caused the smell since we just did a water change out last week. The fish are all swimming normally again and don't seem to have been permanently effected by whatever it was that had messed up the tank. I am glad none of them died :\ I think we're going to switch to getting big flat rocks, the kind that look like marbles, because the tiny color ones had all sorts of little crevices that algae and bacteria could grow in and some of the color had started to come off on them so I was concerned that the chemicals from the dye on the rocks could have been released into the water.

I can't figure out what caused the smell or the fish to just start bobbing around like little balloons but at least they're okay now.
Ew, that sounds awful. As a fish-owner myself I have no idea what could have made a smell like that and not killed the guys outright (the rocks is a good theory, though. I always rinse mine out in an old colander first if I'm changing gravel to nip that in the bud). Hopefully the change of water/cleaning out takes care of it for good. I've only completely cleared and scrubbed my whole tank out when I was having algae problems, and a longggg time ago when my dad and I had a community tank, an outbreak of ick (to keep the nitrogen cycle from being too disrupted, you're supposed to leave some old water, some unscrubbed decor, old gravel or a bit of your old filter in). And I'm doing one before I move, because I can't take an aquarium with live fish with me to school and don't trust Dad to change the water enough while I'm gone for however longer Beta and Gastron live (Beta's a little over a year old now, and Gastron, I have no idea at all but certainly less than a year. But Gastron's at least easier to take care of, and to travel with and keep at school if Beta dies first. Being a snail, he can be put in a tupperware lined in damp sponge for the several hours of the trip. The little guy is really growing, too, now that he's in better conditions than the pet store.)

Had to clean it last week, though. GEEZ it was gross. I couldn't believe I hadn't changed it sooner. The water I vacuumed out was tinged yellow, probably from my snail and the veggies I put in the tank for the glutton to eat. Beta certainly never dirtied up a tank like that.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 07-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote