Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4003 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #73936
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Last I checked you shouldn't eat football or Nickelback, though if you ate Nickelback they would be gone, so there's a plus.

It used to be ok, then it was bought out and just went to shit.

I might get an ice cap there occasionally, at most once a month because my one coworkers offers to get me something before he comes in.
At least we've proven Canadian education is better than America's, which really isn't saying much.

Also what the frig is an ice cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
CHris, I haven't been to Dunkin enough to draw a comparison. In my imagination though, Tim Hortons are quite nice (I go there all the time, but because it's easy and convenient not because I'm addicted), while DD is like our Coffee Time. I think I've willingly been in a Coffee Time once in the last 5 years, and it was because there was literally nowhere else open at the time to get something to drink.
What the frig is a Coffee Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Dunkin is a success because they are pretty good at everything. Starbuck's has better coffee, Finagle has better bagels, McDonald's has better breakfast sandwiches, Krispy Kreme has better donuts*. But Dunkin' is the only place that you can get ALL those things, and all of them are pretty decent. Not the best, but still pretty good.

As far as being "nice" in the sense of non-scummy and lack of prosties, it really depends on location. The one on the corner by my house is owned and run by a nice family. It's clean, the clerks are polite and fill your order quickly without screwing it up.

*IMO
Since DD is PROUD BAWSTON TRADITION, NOT UNLIKE THE RED SAWKS AND HATING ON JETER, I imagine the Mass-area DD's may be ran a tad better than the ones in my area. It's definetly a love hate relationship, because they're certainly NOT the best, but they don't smell like pee and have the stuff I need to get the job done, not to mention are EVERYWHERE.

Also what the frig is a Finagle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
There's a Tim Horton's outpost at the Jamaica train station, where we got donuts once while waiting for a train. It was about the same level as DD, I thought, but that may be because it was not authentic Canadian TimHo. Maybe you guys have special Cananda flavor or something, how would I know.

I agree with Hag's assessment that DD thrives on being an accessible, affordable, reliable aggregate of breakfastish items you can probably get better elsewhere, but why bother?

P.S. Only one of y'all wants me to serenade you? I'm soooo insulted. It's not like I'll ever contact you again, I hate contacting people.
My experience with Horton's involves Penn Station, which always smells awful, and a North Carolina gas-station, which barely counts. The reason i ask is because I know a few Americans who swear TH is the 2nd coming of breakfast chains, but my urine-scented encounters have left me jaded.

And PD, I prefer the live experience, usually followed by a drunken Victor requesting that you sing to SV on the night of your marriage. Still one of the creepiest things I've heard to date for reason.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #73937
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Finally read through the last 30 pages of this thread that I missed while I was on vacation. o: Looks about par for the course.

The building I live in is going to have some construction done to it this summer. So now I have scaffolding and netting to look at for the next 3 months. .-. And I guess I can't work on cosplay stuff in my underwear until after the construction guys leave at 3:30 every day.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #73938
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
And PD, I prefer the live experience, usually followed by a drunken Victor requesting that you sing to SV on the night of your marriage. Still one of the creepiest things I've heard to date for reason.
OH JEEZ I KEEP FORGETTING THAT HAPPENED out of desperation to purge it from my memory BUT THEN IT COMES BACK AND I JUST LAUGH AND LAUGH but then I shudder and have to go sit under the shower with all my clothes on for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Finally read through the last 30 pages of this thread that I missed while I was on vacation. o: Looks about par for the course.
I dunno, we haven't mentioned penises for a page or two.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #73939
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

There's only one way to settle the Tim Hortons question - you all have to come visit Canadaland.

This is where the shameless plug for Costume Con 32 goes, right?
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #73940
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
I dunno, we haven't mentioned penises for a page or two.
But nakedness was within the last 2 pages, which is reasonably similar.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #73941
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Got a call from my mom. My dad made it through the surgery really well and may even be released tomorrow and back on his feet on his regular schedule within a week or so.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #73942
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
OH JEEZ I KEEP FORGETTING THAT HAPPENED out of desperation to purge it from my memory BUT THEN IT COMES BACK AND I JUST LAUGH AND LAUGH but then I shudder and have to go sit under the shower with all my clothes on for a while.
It takes a lot to upset me when I'm drunk, but Vic managed to do that A LOT that weekend. Also see Xais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
There's only one way to settle the Tim Hortons question - you all have to come visit Canadaland.
What do you got in a Comics flavor?

Quote:
But nakedness was within the last 2 pages, which is reasonably similar.
To be fair, I did make a fisting joke above.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #73943
Amanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Got a call from my mom. My dad made it through the surgery really well and may even be released tomorrow and back on his feet on his regular schedule within a week or so.
That's good to hear!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #73944
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
That's good to hear!
Darn right xD thank you.

It wasn't an easy conversation to have with my mother about what would we do if 'something happened' while he was in surgery and today was full of stress and worry.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #73945
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Finally read through the last 30 pages of this thread that I missed while I was on vacation. o:
Why would you do this to yourself? D:
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #73946
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

I Rode In A Fucking Car Today Without Getting Nervous! Hell Yes. Progress. I Left The House.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #73947
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

The phone just rang out of the blue (it's about 23:15 here). I bricked myself because I thought there must be an emergency of some sort (half my family's in and out of hospital with something or other), but it turned out to be a wrong number. -o-

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #73948
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
The phone just rang out of the blue (it's about 23:15 here). I bricked myself because I thought there must be an emergency of some sort (half my family's in and out of hospital with something or other), but it turned out to be a wrong number. -o-
It was probably just me, trying to reach Fullbleed so I could sing him a Bananarama song.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #73949
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
It was probably just me, trying to reach Fullbleed so I could sing him a Bananarama song.
That sounds plausible.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #73950
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm watching Hercules for the first time. It hurts me in my Greek mythology
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote