Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3680 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #74881
ChibiDannimon

I look online at lolita dresses that I will never get to buy while Im waiting for my computer to render or upload video.

2014 Cosplays

Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #74882
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Ahh, I haven't had purple hair in ages! I miss it a bit but the only unnatural color I can have for work is any shade of red, thus my current bright red locks. Have fun with your purple, my dude!
Neither have I- while the last job I worked at was fine with purple hair, I couldn't find any salons who did a purple (that actually looked purple, not like maroon red) at a price I could afford since the cheapo salon I went to discontinued it two years ago. It's still expensive, but I'm treating myself as a back-to-school thing. Also, my one and only attempt at box dye was disastrous. I wrote off the bathroom itwas such a mess, and it faded from purple to red in less than a week (and I wash my hair every other day- so that was about three or four shampoos, WITH salon brand colour care products and cold water) despite "Eight weeks guaranteed of fade-resisant colour).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #74883
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Plus I never want to use consumables because I MIGHT NEED THEM LATER! D:< So I generally finish a game still holding a fuckton of money and rare items.
I was teasing Brando when he finished Bioshock2. Right at the end of the game, where you enter the area that cuts to the ending scene, He was swimming after corpses in the water to loot them.

TO be fair, I am an endless explorer kinda gal. If there's an area I can go you can bet I'll go there. Or find a way in somewhere I am not meant to go.

Skyrim was the first game I played that I could go everywhere and anywhere at all times and it took me a good hour of playing to understand that. When you escape Helgen after the dragon attack and go to Riverwood I just naturally assumed you couldn't walk off the dirt path. When I found out that not only could you, but you could tell the plot line to go suck your sweet booty I was released from the confines of my prison and was truly free that day.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #74884
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
It is possible to love both glorious Bioshock and sweet sweet Mass Effect!
I concur.

Quote:
If you don't like looting, stay the hell from Borderlands.
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
GIRL. You cray cray
I... kinda thought it was funny too.
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #74885
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Neither have I- while the last job I worked at was fine with purple hair, I couldn't find any salons who did a purple (that actually looked purple, not like maroon red) at a price I could afford since the cheapo salon I went to discontinued it two years ago. It's still expensive, but I'm treating myself as a back-to-school thing. Also, my one and only attempt at box dye was disastrous. I wrote off the bathroom itwas such a mess, and it faded from purple to red in less than a week (and I wash my hair every other day- so that was about three or four shampoos, WITH salon brand colour care products and cold water) despite "Eight weeks guaranteed of fade-resisant colour).
Hair color's difficult. My best go was Manic Panic in Ultra Violet; it gave me a lovely, rich purple color. However, it does fade to more of a blue rather than a red.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #74886
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I've been dying my hair various colors for years and no matter what I do or what color I dye it within 6 months it's completely faded to the same sandy blonde.
That's not even my natural hair color. My hair color is like, light brown. So it's not washing all out or anything.

Emmers aint' got time for that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #74887
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
A. Co-signed

B. Co-signed. Though at least you can just suck everything up with one button. And in the second one you just sort of magically absorb the money and ammo by walking over it.

C. I never want to buy anything in video games, because I'm a total cheapskate - just like in real life. Plus I never want to use consumables because I MIGHT NEED THEM LATER! D:< So I generally finish a game still holding a fuckton of money and rare items.

IDK - there's just something about the whole idea of people living in an elegant underwater city practicing objectivism and thinking so highly of themselves while slowly turning into slug-drug-addled monsters that I find kind of hilarious.
I definetly see the early parts of BS1 being SPOOKY SCARY, but once you CAN SHOOT BEES and win Big Daddy's over with the power of WUV, the game gets a little silly. There's some horror elements in Infinite that are also creepy, but never nothing scare inducing. At least IMO.

As for cash monies in videya, it depends. I like to drop $$ for max upgrades. Case in point- Saints Row 4. UPGRADE EVERYTHING SO I CAN GIVE GOES FAST PUNCHES, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #74888
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
I've been dying my hair various colors for years and no matter what I do or what color I dye it within 6 months it's completely faded to the same sandy blonde.
That's not even my natural hair color. My hair color is like, light brown. So it's not washing all out or anything.

Emmers aint' got time for that.
Six months? Well yeah, it'll be totally faded out by then, they're only meant to last 6-8 weeks!

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #74889
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Hair color's difficult. My best go was Manic Panic in Ultra Violet; it gave me a lovely, rich purple color. However, it does fade to more of a blue rather than a red.
I usually go for a deep violet. No idea what brand it is when I get it done at salons. Speaking of which, I'm sitting around with a dye-covered head with my phone for entertainment. Fifteen minutes and I get to get this darn shower cap off. It doesn't matter how useful they are, shower caps are still the epitome of stupid-looking.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #74890
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how useful they are, shower caps are still the epitome of stupid-looking.
I can one-up that: fedoras.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #74891
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Why on earth would a dying composer dream about whacking monsters with a stick?
Well... why not? I mean, I dream that sort of thing on the regular and I am neither actively dying nor an artistic genius.

Quote:
Why didn't they make the battles rhythm games? It just seems so obvious. A rhythm game to Chopin music would be fucking baddass.
All right, that sounds amazing, and I would play that in a second.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #74892
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
I can one-up that: fedoras.
I only agree with that when it's not paired with a business suit. I never understood the fedora and jeans trend, it just looks weird and mismatched. Especially with the cheapo hats. Bowlers, on the other hand, I can't think of anything they actually look good with.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #74893
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
I only agree with that when it's not paired with a business suit. I never understood the fedora and jeans trend, it just looks weird and mismatched. Especially with the cheapo hats. Bowlers, on the other hand, I can't think of anything they actually look good with.
99% of people who wear fedoras are on my shit list. The only human being I can think of that pulls of a fedora is Johnny Depp.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #74894
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Sewing All Day
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #74895
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I have a couple of fedoras. I wear them with whatever I feel like wearing them with. They look great on me. I'm like Sarah Bernhardt. Exactly like Sarah Bernhardt.

Quote:
IDK - there's just something about the whole idea of people living in an elegant underwater city practicing objectivism and thinking so highly of themselves while slowly turning into slug-drug-addled monsters that I find kind of hilarious.
And gratifying. Don't forget gratifying.

Quote:
Skyrim was the first game I played that I could go everywhere and anywhere at all times and it took me a good hour of playing to understand that. When you escape Helgen after the dragon attack and go to Riverwood I just naturally assumed you couldn't walk off the dirt path. When I found out that not only could you, but you could tell the plot line to go suck your sweet booty I was released from the confines of my prison and was truly free that day.
I don't care what anyone says, open world games are my absolute favorite. I am rarely that interested in the main plot and would rather be able to go off on my own tangents. I WON'T FOLLOW YOUR SUCKY MAIN STORY LINE JUST BECAUSE YOU TELL ME. I GO WHERE I WANT. I'M LIKE THE WIND. NONCONFORMIST 4 LYFE.

In video games, as in real life, I am a terrible hoarder and always loot/gather/carry/store way more than I will ever possibly need. And then I suddenly drop massive amounts of gold on a nice house or rare books or special boots or the prettiest horse, also just like real life.

CHris, you know your birthday falls on the same day as my mom's and sister's and usually Little Dude's birthday party and whatnot, so let's just accept that you will always be way down on my list of obligatory birthday wishes the day of.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 08-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote