Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3166 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #7501
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBlueEyed View Post
@Lithium Flower Thanks for all the support, reading what you said makes sense. And I think I can deal with this now, I'll do exactly what you said to do later tonight when she's online...

I mean okay, I tried to tell her what was up once, I mean I sent her a message on here and told her to check it, since she barely comes on here. But... she kind of barely awknowledged it, if I'm honest...
In fact, this is it, here;

...You think I did something wrong there? I was kinda hoping she would read it and talk to me about it, but she kind of just... read it. I mean the conversation following it was kind of limited... *looks through skype to find what she said*
Ill paraphrase it. But she told me not to worry and just to relax, she can understand that I'm worried, and shes sorry if shes been acting awkward.

...That was it.

Maybe Ill give it another shot. No, I will, because I have to. Ill do as you said, and see what I can do...
Hun, your message was really wishy washy. A lot of "dunno" and you even said "It's not your fault". It is her fault. Relationships are a two way street.

I mean yeah I flirter about the house while on MSN, but i don't ditch the guy i'm dating for 20 min while I play portal or roleplay.... I'm going to do either of those I would say upfront "Hey hun, tonight I'd really like to play some Portal, I'll tell you all about it later, k? <3".... it's totally FINE if some nights she doesn't want to talk... but she has to TELL YOU... and she isn't. The way she's acting sounds like she is bored. You don't magically drop "hun, babe, cutie, muffin, cupcake, pumpkin (or other allsorted food stuffs)" or whatever floats her boat at the drop of the hat.

Girls are just lovely, yeh?

You have two options. A) Make a new, stronger message. This might not be the BEST option, since you already sent a really meak one that basically said "I might whine, but go ahead walking all over me!" and it's really hard to counter that. B) Pull away. Say "TONIGHT I WILL WATCH ANIME.... OR PLAY VIDEO GAMES" and don't go online. The next night go online, and don't message her. Wait for her to say hi. If the conversation doesn't keep you engaged (really long breaks between messages without reason) say "Are you doing something else?" if so, say "K, i'm going to do X then, bye." Rinse and repeat. Either A) she eventually stops doing other things like roleplaying or playing portal (that game is short, wtf is taking her so long?) and actually talks to you, realizing that you are not a doormat, and that you won't sit all night on your PC to talk to her like she some sort of fucking princess in a tower or B) she lets things die (now isn't that just lovely?).

You don't want just ANY relationship - hun, you want a good...no, great one with a girl that treats you right. Not a girl that says everything is "okay".

...and being single isn't that bad. I can flirt with any boy I want now!

On a side note: These british kids came in the other day and everything was "lovely" wtf is with that?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #7502
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaShadow View Post
just got back from our farm... thank god >.> any longer and i wouldnt make it. (<---lies.)
but yeah. i dont like it up there :|

and then my brother lost his mind yesterday and threatened a whole bunch of crap, but it was nerve racking being alone in the house with him >< i had to call my mum and dad to come back >< yeesh, everytime my parents left he'd start up again x_x RAAAWR.

and finally... after this week? i never. want. to. eat. chocolate. AGAIN. easter always makes me feel like this. too much chocolate. not enough christ. I'm such a bad christian at easter OTL

PS: Page 500~ yaaaaaaay
...does your brother have some sort of mental disorder?

Unread 04-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #7503
SaskWhovian

Sleep is for the weak! Or... the very very tired, of which I am niether? Or just one? >.<

First time in ages I have been up for almost 2 days straight. So I decided to afflict my awkeness on others! My evil plan?!?! Invite my sister out for breakfast.... my treat.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAH..... errr... wait a minute. >.< No so evil there.

Anyway I am meeting her soon. Laters!

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #7504
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Well being awake that long really effects your senses, and you tend to think you will do better at things then you actually do.

... ITS LIKE BEING BLOODY WELL DRUNK! THAT'S WHAT!

.... but without the alcohol.

....and just why is it that Canadian beer is so much better then American beer.... doesn't the US have beer at 5% ?!?!

Unread 04-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #7505
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC77 View Post
Finished watching Gaogaigar a few days ago. It went from good, to manly, to hyper-manly, to sad, back to manly, and then full circle to good again. Then manly. But the ending was sad as hell. It gets nine Laganns out of ten.
Oh hai, my name is Chris and we are now friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
....and just why is it that Canadian beer is so much better then American beer.... doesn't the US have beer at 5% ?!?!
<<Canadian Beer
<<Good

Choose one. Also yes, we do. It's just not made by Budweiser or Coor's.

I'm usually ultra-snobbish when it comes to beer, unless SV is buying. The dude is a god at picking out beers that I end up enjoying. Europe is where it's at though. Also Japan. As much as I rag on the Japanese, their beer, much like their mecha, is BEST.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 04-26-2011 at 08:39 AM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #7506
SkyBlueEyed

Quote:
I mean yeah I flirter about the house while on MSN, but i don't ditch the guy i'm dating for 20 min while I play portal or roleplay.... I'm going to do either of those I would say upfront "Hey hun, tonight I'd really like to play some Portal, I'll tell you all about it later, k? <3".... it's totally FINE if some nights she doesn't want to talk... but she has to TELL YOU... and she isn't. The way she's acting sounds like she is bored. You don't magically drop "hun, babe, cutie, muffin, cupcake, pumpkin (or other allsorted food stuffs)" or whatever floats her boat at the drop of the hat.
...Yeah, you have a point... I do feel like she's getting bored, I guess. Happens all the time though, I'll start talking to a girl and they'll think I'm all this and that and then after about 2 weeks, they're gone.

Thanks for actually... telling me how to pull away XD I'm not very good at stuff like this, yeah, I'd make a great doormat.
Still, what if I do end up losing her? I'm scared of that, I've not spoken to people outside of college/school for years now, it's not like I have any friends or anything. I'll end up feeling lonely and like shit again, which she gave me a reprieve from..

Either way, I'm losing sleep and I'm stressed, so I'll use the time I have away to do things I enjoy, I suppose...

Oh, and thanks for helping XD It does mean a lot to me XDD
SkyBlueEyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #7507
SaskWhovian

Quote:

Canadian beer is so much better. I have friends in the US that think 5% or even 5.5% is too much. For me it is the standard.

Plus some of my favourite micro-brews? Canadian. Bushwakkers in Saskatchewan and The Merchant Ale House in Ontario have the best, more so their seasonal brews.

Merchant Ale House = Pumpkin Ale at Halloween and Bushwakkers = Blackberry Mead at Christmas. Best. Drinks. Ever.

DRAGON*CON 2011:
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood/Dr Who):100% Saturday and Sunday
Victor "Sully" Sullivan (Uncharted):100% Friday and Monday
FINALLY READY!
SaskWhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #7508
Aearon

Quote:
Sigh.

Kind of miffed, a little bit.
Whole, one sided thing when it comes to my relationship. I do everything for girlfriend, and get very little back.

I mean fair enough, sometimes I go over the top to let her know that Im thinking of her or whatever, but she barely says any of that stuff to me at all these days.

Also, Ive not had sleep in 2 days cause I stay up talking to her (5 hour time difference, I end up worse off), and yet at least 1 hour and 40 minutes each night is me just sitting there waiting for a response? Sometimes they can be a good 30-40 minutes apart, for a few lines of dialog.

Sigh, I don't know what Id do without her, but I cant shake off the feeling that interest on her behalf is going down. Always happens to me...
Honestly, I'd say just dump her. You're not gonna be satisfied with the relationship unless she returns the level of affection and dedication you're showing her. And from what I've skimmed through, she's either not interested enough or willing to put forth that level of dedication. It's better to cut your losses than spend more and more time being unsatisfied and wanting soemthing she's not going to give you.
Also... Since it's just a long-distance relationship (I'm betting she's on the East coast and you're in the U.K..) you haven't really lost much other than time. Ya have to look at it in the long-term as well. How long have you even been 'together'? Any 'real' plans for meeting up / having a future together?
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #7509
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
...Yeah, you have a point... I do feel like she's getting bored, I guess. Happens all the time though, I'll start talking to a girl and they'll think I'm all this and that and then after about 2 weeks, they're gone.

Thanks for actually... telling me how to pull away XD I'm not very good at stuff like this, yeah, I'd make a great doormat.
Still, what if I do end up losing her? I'm scared of that, I've not spoken to people outside of college/school for years now, it's not like I have any friends or anything. I'll end up feeling lonely and like shit again, which she gave me a reprieve from..

Either way, I'm losing sleep and I'm stressed, so I'll use the time I have away to do things I enjoy, I suppose...

Oh, and thanks for helping XD It does mean a lot to me XDD
Never think you are scared of losing someone! That puts you at a disadvantage, as though you are "lucky" that she even stays with you. That's happened to me before, until i snapped out of it and said "fuck it!" - she is lucky to have YOU. YOU are the great commodity that is desired, if she doesn't pay attention, she'll lose YOU, not the other way around. Doesn't matter how sexy, special, nice, blah blah she is, keep the mindset that you are the desirable... it's a game of chess, and you are the King! =)

Everything is give and take... if you are just giving, you are not doing yourself any favours and will just end up lonely and frustrated.... you can't be afraid of being alone, when you ARE alone. Just WHO is on the other side of that keyboard? Obviously someone who isn't paying attention. So you spend all that time.... with yourself.... while she is busy.... roleplaying.... with someone else.... (What the.... i don't even....)

...and you have friends... us! If I didn't care i would have said "sod off!" (Lovely!)

...and a 5 hour time difference is harsh. Perhaps you should look into someone on your own isle.

If you want to make more friends, conventions can do that. Go to panels for things you enjoy, talk to the people there, hand out contact info and get contact info.

Go to the UK convention forum here, link up with people there. Soon you'll have your little MSN/Skype/Whatever flashing like you are in a disco club.

Join postcrossing.... have some fun (be nerdy). Fill up your time with YOU.

Unread 04-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #7510
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
How long has this butthurt been going on?

Try responding to his messages with shit like "Cool story bro" and "Wrecking this guys face" completely disinterested in what he's saying.

It worked for me.

or this.
About 2-3 weeks, since a little before we actually split up.

Haha, that video is bloody brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire
restraining order. do NOT put up with that shit. depressed and butthurt is one thing, threatening and controlling is a completely different matter
He's not exactly mentally stable so I'm trying to take that into consideration. I'm just hoping he loses contact to me for a while so he can calm the eff down. I dunno.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #7511
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post

I'm usually ultra-snobbish when it comes to beer, unless SV is buying. The dude is a god at picking out beers that I end up enjoying. Europe is where it's at though. Also Japan. As much as I rag on the Japanese, their beer, much like their mecha, is BEST.
Have you ever tried Innis and Gunn?

Unread 04-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #7512
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Have you ever tried Innis and Gunn?
Can't say I have. Apparently the only US distributor for it appears to be in Long Island. Huh, go figure.

9/10 times though, I'm more of a mixed drink dude. Beer's great at times, but I do love my vodka. Rum is fine as well, and it's almost summer, so SoCal lime shall be in season. Tequila is something I've developed a taste for over the last couple of years, but it has to be top of the line quality. The cheap stuff does not please me.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #7513
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Can't say I have. Apparently the only US distributor for it appears to be in Long Island. Huh, go figure.

9/10 times though, I'm more of a mixed drink dude. Beer's great at times, but I do love my vodka. Rum is fine as well, and it's almost summer, so SoCal lime shall be in season. Tequila is something I've developed a taste for over the last couple of years, but it has to be top of the line quality. The cheap stuff does not please me.
I like mixed drinks, vodka and rum being key for happiness. I still have yet to enjoy any Tequila (besides Tequila rose, but that shits expensive).

Smirnoff ice is still a favourite.

I don't drink very often though, besides wine for dinner on occasion.

Unread 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #7514
Seraphy
Nagare~

Quote:
I felt the same after breaking up with my ex-boyfriend. Then I visited this site again and couldn't remember why the hell I stopped posting in the first place. I love this place.

You got us! :3

--

I can't stand beer, I do like vodka though. And never again will I try tequila. Oh underage drinking, you amuse me so.
Seraphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #7515
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:

You guys get our exports, which are generally made by bigger companies and are lower quality.
And, psh! Whatever. Come to Austin. We have several local breweries that'll knock your socks off.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote