Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3600 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #751
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
I'm flipping out sort of because I can't find one last thing for my grade recovery. I think it was thrown away. Need it. SO BAD!!!
My brother reminded of something I did for him when he was 6 when we went to Vegas. I saved his life. He nearly drowned in the pool at our hotel. Worst thing. Two adults swam by and did nothing. I was 12 maybe and I knew I had no time to get out the water and run to him. It'd take to long by the length of the pool. I just tried to walk through the water to get to him. Scared but I could NOT lose him. He had a future and a dream. He was going to life and do that. And it is HARD as hell to try to walk through water half your height. You know it fells all solid and crap like that mostly when you try to move fast.
Stupid adults didn't pay atention until I pulled him up from the water and just watched when I tried to grab him out myself. That's why kids SHOULD be super-vised at the pool. I never thought how much that meant to him until he told me he wrote about me in an essay for his class. Life is precious. Live every second like it's your last. I heard a teacher in school got into a motorcycle accident. That man is the best and I believe if you never met a man like him your life is not complete.
I think that's so sweet! I mean...what both of you did.
SakuraxTsubasa is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #752
Kildread
I can fix it!

I've been training for 2 months now, there's an increase of 10~15 lbs on some of the exercises on my training plan and I generally feel pretty good about it!

Visually, there hasn't been that much change and those 2 months just gave me 2 pounds, haha.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #753
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I think that's so sweet! I mean...what both of you did.
I thougt I was going to lose him. I was scared out of my mind. At that age I could NOT imagine life without him. I used to walk him by my pinky when he was little. I cleaned up after him. And my sister. Sister was born with a 'physcial blemish' my teacher says. I don't like to deal with them but I don't want them gone. I always said if something was gonna hurt them I'd take the hit. I'm not joking. I'd suck it up and take that bullet myself. Even if I don't know you I think life was meant to be lived. It's scary to think that but yeah that's the person I am.
Not the first time or last to help him though I'm afraid. A bit after chinese new year a kid went to my house and got in a fight with him. Hit him in the face with a plastic chair but before that were cussing each other out. I didn't think he'd hit him but when he did I went over and grabbed the kid. Brother walked off and I had to hold on the the kid cause he was going to get him from behind. My sister was actually right next to them and froze in fear. My fear was someone mostly my brother getting hurt. You'd think it's easy to hold back a 13 year old. No not an angery asian kid. Nope and his mom did not do jack about that. My brother had his glasses bent and a big red spot under his eye. God dern! The kds these days think they're tough and try you so freaking bad. Never in my life. No fight at my school can compare to that fight. Blood is Blood
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #754
Neko Minaue
Soon-to-be cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
I'm flipping out sort of because I can't find one last thing for my grade recovery. I think it was thrown away. Need it. SO BAD!!!
My brother reminded of something I did for him when he was 6 when we went to Vegas. I saved his life. He nearly drowned in the pool at our hotel. Worst thing. Two adults swam by and did nothing. I was 12 maybe and I knew I had no time to get out the water and run to him. It'd take to long by the length of the pool. I just tried to walk through the water to get to him. Scared but I could NOT lose him. He had a future and a dream. He was going to life and do that. And it is HARD as hell to try to walk through water half your height. You know it fells all solid and crap like that mostly when you try to move fast.
Stupid adults didn't pay atention until I pulled him up from the water and just watched when I tried to grab him out myself. That's why kids SHOULD be super-vised at the pool. I never thought how much that meant to him until he told me he wrote about me in an essay for his class. Life is precious. Live every second like it's your last. I heard a teacher in school got into a motorcycle accident. That man is the best and I believe if you never met a man like him your life is not complete.
That is so sweet and awesome that you saved your brother when you did and took up the courage to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
I got accepted into the college I want to transfer to!
8D yaaaay~!
Congratulations to ya! I hope you have fun at your transfer college.
Touko aka White Trainer (Pokemon Black & White) 15%

Then eventually...
Yoko (Gurren Laggan)
Celty Sturlson (Durarara!!)
And then someone from the new Last Exile, don't know yet but I don't care!!
and more to come
Neko Minaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #755
Lithium Flower
Handphones

For some reason I am incredibly lonesome right now. That kind of feeling where your dejected and alone. Even if my family is downstairs I feel somehow alienated from them through no fault of their own or anyone else's. It's that kind of hard to describe feeling where you just want someone, anyone, to talk to and be reassured. Where you just really really want a hug.

I can't wait for this weekend when I am sleeping over at Boyfriends again :/ I don't know why I feel so goddamn lonesome right now.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #756
Honestcat
Love me do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
For some reason I am incredibly lonesome right now. That kind of feeling where your dejected and alone. Even if my family is downstairs I feel somehow alienated from them through no fault of their own or anyone else's. It's that kind of hard to describe feeling where you just want someone, anyone, to talk to and be reassured. Where you just really really want a hug.

I can't wait for this weekend when I am sleeping over at Boyfriends again :/ I don't know why I feel so goddamn lonesome right now.
Oh lord. I know that feeling. I wish there was something I could do to help. D= But hey, the weekend is just around the corner!
Yukiho Hagiwarafrom the iDOLM@STER- 100%
Suzuko Kanzaki (casual) from AKB0048- 100%
Yuuka Kazami from Touhou Project- 100%
RED Medic from Team Fortress 2- the progress never stops
Suit!Alibaba from Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic- 100%

thepompouspickle.tumblr.com
Next conventions: Otabutts, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Nekocon?
Honestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #757
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

@nannyogg & Neko Minaue: Thank you!!!! I'm pretty sure I'll like it much more there ;D

Quote:

I totally understand. I had one of those days earlier this week.
It'll pass *internet hug* Just try and keep positive!!!
-Momocon 2014
Upcoming Cosplays:
*Mami Tomoe -Puella Magi Madoka Magica
*Daenerys Targaryen -Game of Thrones
Firefly026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #758
Kendama Master
Bacon is my friend.

Feeling really kind of sore don't know actually why though I haven't really been doing that much labor intensive work at my job, but man it aches all over oh well though it should go away soon. I guess lifting a paint brush to paint a 40 yard bin can get a toll on you lol.
-Katana- Coyote Ragtime Show

Member of: Bacon Flavored Cosplay

The candy of meats yay!!!
Kendama Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #759
Xcele

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.S. 1984 View Post
that can be hard sometimes... especially with clingy parents.
haha oh well its not gonna happen anyways. I just had a reality check and realized I don't make enough money.
Xcele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #760
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko Minaue View Post
That is so sweet and awesome that you saved your brother when you did and took up the courage to do that.

Congratulations to ya! I hope you have fun at your transfer college.
It wasn't easy. Like I said the water was hard to move through. I was tired too from trying to get to him but I was scared out of my mind and those adults were not going to help so I just pushed myself really hard and kind of slipped a few times maybe cause I had to stand on my toes at the 4ft to grab him out and try to lift him on the edge of the pool where he can sit and breather properly. Honestly I didn't really think of how much it meant to him. Now I know. I saved his life. And he probably think he owes me. I rather have him life long enough to be a doctor. He doesn't have to owe me nothing but live. I've done more things for him and my sister.
Takes a lot to hold your sister's hand in the emergency room and not cry so she knows it's nothing to be scared of. Dad had to leave the room, my Mom cried. I held her hand and squeed it as hard as she did for me. My family is no ordinary family. Outside it seems like it. Inside is a whole other story. I could write a freaking book! We all learn about things we never thought was possible. Well now people know some more things about me.

Tranfer college. Congrats. Luck to you.
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #761
A.F.S. 1984

Quote:

Did You Know: There is research to suggest that the way you feel at a particular point in time is the result of the volatile and ever changing balance of vitamins, oxygen, sugars, and blood flow in your brain. Kind of gives interesting insight on free will. Are you feeling a particular emotion because of events that occur, or is it at that particular moment, the cauldron of chemicals and processes in your skull is making you feel what you feel...

JIU JITSU is life.
A.F.S. 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #762
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.S. 1984 View Post
Did You Know: There is research to suggest that the way you feel at a particular point in time is the result of the volatile and ever changing balance of vitamins, oxygen, sugars, and blood flow in your brain. Kind of gives interesting insight on free will. Are you feeling a particular emotion because of events that occur, or is it at that particular moment, the cauldron of chemicals and processes in your skull is making you feel what you feel...
er... that was kind of an oddly clinical response to a person in pain who seemed to be reaching out for reassurance and connection... but I think I get your point.

@ Lithium Flower -- Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Maybe it would be a good idea to go spend some time with a family member, curl up with them or just be near them. It may make you feel better since loneliness can sometimes be self-perpetuating -- we feel alienated so we avoid being around people, then not being around people makes us feel more alienated, which makes us avoid people... rinse, repeat.

Regarding A.F.S.'s idea... sometimes there are chemical or hormonal changes that can dramatically affect our mood (which can be quite unsettling), or merely tip us a little in one direction that gets amplified by other circumstantial things. Our bodies and brain are quite complex and when we suddenly feel lost or lonely seemingly without cause, it can sometimes be a sign that we should take a moment to see what's going on with our physical self. For example, periods of illness, pain, or stress can plummet people into a depression triggered largely by the chemical change in the body & brain. So while we may mentally be a little edgy from the experience, that gets significantly magnified by the physical change.

None of that means that the feelings or cause aren't real. Just that sometimes it can be of some comfort to know that the feeling will pass shortly when our bodies rebound, and that spending some extra effort to take care of ourselves may help. I find that it can be easier to "fix" the physical issues (which can help us feel better quicker), whereas the larger emotional or life issues that can contribute to those feelings take longer to resolve. Or sometimes we're in a situation that can't be changed, at least not anytime soon, so taking care of our body and brain is our only approach. (I remember you mentioning your frustration at being stuck and not moving forward as you'd like right now. That can certainly stir up the feelings you mentioned.)

Don't know if any of that rambling helps. I'm kinda rambly today.
If pie is delicious, I will compliment the person serving it to me.
If they made the pie, I will absolutely compliment them on having made it, too.
-- kiratsukai
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #763
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Yeah buddy.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #764
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Golly willikers Batman!
Thanks everyone for your internet lovin's I appreciate it.
And don't worry I didn't take a clinical response to my strange emotional state badly xD It was rather interesting actually.

I am the kinda person who, when in a mood, needs to kinda sort things out on their own. 'Walk it off' if you will. I just snuggle up and listen to Nero Wolfe for a bit and I'll chill out.

So here's a funny story for everyone:
The other day Boyfriend and I where at the mall (with the LEGO STORE!) and he, for some reason, enjoys patting my tummy. So while we where in line at the food court he absentmindedly started to pat my tummy above my sweater. I told him;

"Dude when you do that it looks like I am preggers or something"

There was a brief pause before he knelt down and put his ear to my stomach...just as the cashier came back with our order.

GOOD TIMES
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #765
A.F.S. 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter bomb View Post
er... that was kind of an oddly clinical response to a person in pain who seemed to be reaching out for reassurance and connection... but I think I get your point.
Sorry about that... Something that helps me when I am lonely/ feeling distant from people is to try and talk with them about the way you are feeling. Most likely ( at least in my experience) the person/people in question have keyed in on a problem in the relationship and are more than happy to discuss it. But it can be hard to break the silence.

JIU JITSU is life.
A.F.S. 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote