Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3901 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #766
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.S. 1984 View Post
Sorry about that... Something that helps me when I am lonely/ feeling distant from people is to try and talk with them about the way you are feeling. Most likely ( at least in my experience) the person/people in question have keyed in on a problem in the relationship and are more than happy to discuss it. But it can be hard to break the silence.
sorry for the misunderstanding. I think it's really sweet that you reached out and shared something that helps you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
awesome as that is, I got more excited about this. all I could think of is: James Bond.

unrelated... I listened to Born This Way* on a loop for longer than I should admit today. (Shut up. It's a Happy Positive Anti-hate Squee-party Anthem scientifically designed to make you dance.) Then I watched this. It was kinda poetic.

* the song, not the video. the song doesn't actually start until 2:20 in the video.
If pie is delicious, I will compliment the person serving it to me.
If they made the pie, I will absolutely compliment them on having made it, too.
-- kiratsukai

Last edited by glitter bomb : 03-03-2011 at 10:59 PM.
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #767
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I am the kinda person who, when in a mood, needs to kinda sort things out on their own. 'Walk it off' if you will.
I'm laughing hard at that because I use "walk it off" as kind of dark comedy for serious things. Like when I'm so sick that I can't stand without getting too dizzy to see. "I'm good, I'm good. Walk it off. I'm good." Or when I messed up my leg and couldn't walk on it. I'd drag-limp my way around, answering concerned looks with "walk it off, walk it off, it's fine." So "walk it off" in response to significant emotional unease was like that and cracked me up.

Quote:
[snip]There was a brief pause before he knelt down and put his ear to my stomach...just as the cashier came back with our order.

GOOD TIMES
-- kiratsukai
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #768
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter bomb View Post
I'm laughing hard at that because I use "walk it off" as kind of dark comedy for serious things. Like when I'm so sick that I can't stand without getting too dizzy to see. "I'm good, I'm good. Walk it off. I'm good." Or when I messed up my leg and couldn't walk on it. I'd drag-limp my way around, answering concerned looks with "walk it off, walk it off, it's fine." So "walk it off" in response to significant emotional unease was like that and cracked me up.

I use 'walk it off' for everything:
"Oh man I am broke and my life is in the shits and I don't have this or that -emmers getting upset about being a looser- Oh well I'll just walk it off"

"No more biscuits? walk it off"

"The choco is cold..walk it off"

"Another thread got closed?...walk it off"

"Your mother did what to my cat?..walk it off"

Yes yes Boyfriend..he's speshul....

Since I am going over Saturday-Sunday I am sure there will be more videos of bacon cooking and perhaps I can get him to do his voices.(Henchmen, Mickey from that episode on South Park, Goofy, Doofenshmirtz,kinda Perry, and the like)

Man my head hurts.
I should go to bed soon.
INTERNET STOP BEING THE INTERNET.

A male friend of mine told me I was just upset because I was 'on the rag'(I am not) and I was reminded of a few pages back

The vibrating feeling of my cat purring on my foot is strangely comforting.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #769
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

Quote:
I use 'walk it off' for everything:
"Oh man I am broke and my life is in the shits and I don't have this or that -emmers getting upset about being a looser- Oh well I'll just walk it off"

"No more biscuits? walk it off"

"The choco is cold..walk it off"

"Another thread got closed?...walk it off"

"Your mother did what to my cat?..walk it off"
*thumbs up* I highly approve.

and I love those kinds of owls. they are so much wtf+cute.
-- kiratsukai
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #770
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:

A male friend of mine told me I was just upset because I was 'on the rag'(I am not) and I was reminded of a few pages back

The vibrating feeling of my cat purring on my foot is strangely comforting.
I hate when people tell me I'm cranky because its that time of the month, especially when it's not. Once, I told someone at work that I was actually cranky because it wasn't that time of the month yet. They apologized, and were really nice to me the rest of the day. It was only a few days later I realized they probably thought that I was worried that it was late, which wasn't the case at all! (an unplanned pregnancy is impossible for me at the moment)

I like to think of my cats as living heating pads, footwarmers/massacres sometimes.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #771
harmonyisarine

So, I'm working hard to get everything ready for PAX East next week, in addition to having to go to a really frustrating retail job each day, and what happens? I probably have mono, possibly one of a list of other, similar things. >_<

I'm still going to PAX, though. I'll take naps if I have to, but I will not miss this.
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #772
Neko Minaue
Soon-to-be cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
It wasn't easy. Like I said the water was hard to move through. I was tired too from trying to get to him but I was scared out of my mind and those adults were not going to help so I just pushed myself really hard and kind of slipped a few times maybe cause I had to stand on my toes at the 4ft to grab him out and try to lift him on the edge of the pool where he can sit and breather properly. Honestly I didn't really think of how much it meant to him. Now I know. I saved his life. And he probably think he owes me. I rather have him life long enough to be a doctor. He doesn't have to owe me nothing but live. I've done more things for him and my sister.
Takes a lot to hold your sister's hand in the emergency room and not cry so she knows it's nothing to be scared of. Dad had to leave the room, my Mom cried. I held her hand and squeed it as hard as she did for me. My family is no ordinary family. Outside it seems like it. Inside is a whole other story. I could write a freaking book! We all learn about things we never thought was possible. Well now people know some more things about me.

Tranfer college. Congrats. Luck to you.
Still even though it was hard, I found it amazing you got to him in time. Awww you're just so sweet and a great sister.
Touko aka White Trainer (Pokemon Black & White) 15%

Then eventually...
Yoko (Gurren Laggan)
Celty Sturlson (Durarara!!)
And then someone from the new Last Exile, don't know yet but I don't care!!
and more to come
Neko Minaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #773
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

i gave in see sig

gonna kost $50 minimum to get a new keyboard for my laptop. i'd just plug my desktop keyboard into this, but it's inkonvenient bekause i move around the house a lot

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #774
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

It occurred to me last night that if cos.com and Tumblr were ever down at the same time while I was at work, I'd eventually have to resort to actually filing things. PRODUCTIVITY.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #775
pltshp
i did what i have to do

It is 2pm. Pokťmon White still hasn't arrived. I don't think the post has come yet.

If it doesn't come today, people are going to pay. I don't even care. The rest of the UK got theirs a day early. Fine. But it has to come today.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #776
Honestcat
Love me do?

I got mistaken for a 15 year-old again. Last week someone asked me if I was shopping for an eighth grade prom dress. And, as much as I enjoy their faces when I tell them that I'm 20, I'm beginning to wonder if I should start dressing differently. I really don't think I look young. I mean, I can, but only when I'm trying. I'm starting to think I should invest in nicer clothes, rather than jeans and hoodies; I think it will help.
Yukiho Hagiwarafrom the iDOLM@STER- 100%
Suzuko Kanzaki (casual) from AKB0048- 100%
Yuuka Kazami from Touhou Project- 100%
RED Medic from Team Fortress 2- the progress never stops
Suit!Alibaba from Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic- 100%

thepompouspickle.tumblr.com
Next conventions: Otabutts, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Nekocon?
Honestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #777
Yukikittie

...I KNOW WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE RIGHT NOW,
THAT I DIDN'T KNOW LAST YEAR.
WHO THE F*CK Y'ALL?
I SWEAR IT FEELS LIKE THE LAST FEW NIGHTS WE'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE AND BACK,
BUT, I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER IT ALL.
WHAT AM I DOING.
WHAT AM I DOING.
OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT.
I'M DOING ME.
I'M DOING ME.
I'M LIVIN' LIFE RIGHT NOW MAYNE.

/I'maddictedtothissongnow.
Unread 03-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #778
Koona K.
Soldier of Chaos

So, I just missed my photo shoot today for work. Not a real photo shoot but something my work puts on (I work in retail) and I got up way too late. T_T The only reason I wanted to do it was because I got a really big extra discount off of what ever I was wearing. But it's probably good I missed it. I don't really need to buy anymore stuff and I can't see me wearing the stuff I picked out for anything but reminding the rest of my family that yes, I am a girl and I can be girly. Ah well, more money for cosplay and I'm saving up for A-kon in June.

Only problem I have now is that I'm up way too early for my own good and way too awake to go back to sleep.
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #779
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I've discovered what it is I want to do more than anything else, and it is this: printing out craptons of things like this and sticking them all over the place.

Feels good to have a purpose in life.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #780
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Going through friend-weirdness.

One, formerly a boyfriend, is not speaking to me or answering messages except to leave ocaisional passive-agressive messages on my answering machine about how shitty I am and how I still need to get my stuff. When I write him telling him I'll get my stuff or talk to him about it, he doesn't respond...

The other has started to issue generic proclamations via mass emails about her plans to the effect of "My schedule's all filled up all month except for tomorrow at which point I'll be seeing such-and-such movie. You may join me if you like." :/ Meanwhile she is ignoring 19 out of 20 messages I send her and ignoring the content of all that don't revolve around something she is interested in talking about (usually said plans).

Last weekend another friend ditched me for a chiropractor's appointment she made after agreeing to attend the event weeks earlier...

Granted, I myself have been wishy washy about contact in the past and have recently bailed on #2 friend when I tried to pile too much stuff in a single weekend. Maybe I deserve it.

Still kind of offended by the whole lot of them. Sticking to myself is all quite well and good :/ But I miss hanging out with people I know.

As a result, the one friend still speaking to me regularly has become a more or less permanant fixture on my couch ^^;;;; We're watching Turn A Gundam now. Underrated.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 03-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote