Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #87256
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, two apartments looked at. One was an absolute no (WAY too small, and a dank-ass basement with no light at all), other one is not bad. Its under our budget, a pro, but the layout is a little odd and it needs some major cleaning and a few repairs from the last tenants (though the landlord said it would be done by then and by them, they just hadn't had the time to get it move-in ready yet), but we can manage to fit everything in and its a good location, there's just a BIG downside for laundry. Its in a detached cellar with no heat and with horrendous stairs I can barely get down (like, I have to bend over double). It would be annoying in warmer weather and require me to get a different kind of laundry hamper, and in winter when the snow falls, it would be damn near impassable. I'm gonna see if there's a laundromat nearby instead...
And hopefully, there's two more to check out tomorrow before I go back home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #87257
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Me and my room mate are trying to figure out how to kill this one guy in his D&D party because he's a time waster type of player, and just isn't fun to play with.

I suggested he melts in acid like he's a cartoon being put in The Dip.

My Room mate says a troll that attacked him as a kid gets revenge on him since he's a badly role played troll hunting ranger.

When we suggested new characters, he wanted to make his the apprentice of his ranger, so he'd be exactly the same. THAT guy. ugh....
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #87258
belligerent
Viking Metal

Just give him some kind of entertaining (to you) curse that stops him from being able to do the stuff you guys find annoying and forces him to keep the same pace as everything else.

Or you could have him slowly turn into a troll and become that which he hates, or something.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #87259
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Just give him some kind of entertaining (to you) curse that stops him from being able to do the stuff you guys find annoying and forces him to keep the same pace as everything else.

Or you could have him slowly turn into a troll and become that which he hates, or something.
That's the thing, we're already turning him into a troll. We made him drink these pots that "give him infravision" not knowing they were trollblood potions and because he's an idiot and put his 18 in CON. So he was tough enough to survive the process, so right now he's acting like the Blade of trolls except he still wastes time. Instead of just attacking them he has to make a plan, a plan that only works right when the rest of the party has killed everything and it does nothing.

We're going to try one curse, the one that makes you disagree with everything, that or a hat of stupidity so he's too dumb to make plans.

Oh yeah, the one boss I made up is a magical waste shambler that can lob acid at someone, because obviously he hates acid due to the troll blood.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 05-08-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #87260
belligerent
Viking Metal

Turn him into a treasure troll.

let's see that be badass.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #87261
Jacky_theNerd
Cranky Costumer Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
That's the thing, we're already turning him into a troll. We made him drink these pots that "give him infravision" not knowing they were trollblood potions and because he's an idiot and put his 18 in CON. So he was tough enough to survive the process, so right now he's acting like the Blade of trolls except he still wastes time.
I know very little about D&D, but why in Heaven's name did he put 18 CON as a ranger?!! Wouldn't perception of dexterity be more useful?

Jacky the Nerd's Blog (WordPress) All of my main content goes here.
Facebook Probably the easiest way to follow me.
Tumblr
Jacky_theNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #87262
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky_theNerd View Post
I know very little about D&D, but why in Heaven's name did he put 18 CON as a ranger?!! Wouldn't perception of dexterity be more useful?
The only thing I know about tabletop role playing is that no one wants to train a newbie xD
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #87263
Charlemagne
Champion of Kirkwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky_theNerd View Post
Con is good for having higher HP, fending off poisons or other stamina related issues via Fort Save, and other important things. It's also important for a ranger to have high Wisdom and Dex, for many animal based skills are wisdom or charisma based, but Dex, yes, is good for avoiding being seen or hit. If they're a ranged combatant, then Dex would also be important.

But it also depends on the scores the player rolled! Maybe they got two 18s, plus keeping in mind any bonuses or minuses a player might get for racial choice.

Hawke - Dragon Age (100%)
Padme Amidala (Loyalist Committee Gown) - Star Wars (Planned)
Eowyn - Lord of the Rings (Planned)
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #87264
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I think we found our place! We just have to endure the nerve-wracking wait while the landlord checks our references to see if we get the apartment or not. I really hope we do. Its dang near perfect! Plenty of space and lots of closets, simple layout so fitting our furniture in is no trouble, rent is inclusive of utilities, its a basement but it has lots of nice big windows so there's still plenty of light, and its in a very nice area and close to buses.
Quote:
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
Unread 05-10-2016, 01:00 AM   #87265
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Con is good for having higher HP, fending off poisons or other stamina related issues via Fort Save, and other important things. It's also important for a ranger to have high Wisdom and Dex, for many animal based skills are wisdom or charisma based, but Dex, yes, is good for avoiding being seen or hit. If they're a ranged combatant, then Dex would also be important.

But it also depends on the scores the player rolled! Maybe they got two 18s, plus keeping in mind any bonuses or minuses a player might get for racial choice.
It's hard to choose stats for a ranger if you've got shyte rolls. Too many things that should/could/would like to be high.

I remember, back in the day, you couldn't speak in full sentences if your Int was below 10. Is that still a thing?

Also, my friend and I often will decide our characters are good looking but we're just huge bitches to make up for low Chr, because we are apparently shallow and insecure like that ;P Also, it's fun to play a bitch.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #87266
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

WE GOT THE PLACE WE GOT THE PLACE WE GOT THE PLACE

I shall celebrate with video games! And telling my soon to be former landlord that Im outta there by the end of July!
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #87267
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

CONGRATS SHINOBI <3

I'm currently screaming at myself to not buy a 3D printer or laser cutter... I just want the fun toys, and they're way less expensive than I thought... @.@
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #87268
SuperBee
Extreme chainmailler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
WE GOT THE PLACE WE GOT THE PLACE WE GOT THE PLACE

I shall celebrate with video games! And telling my soon to be former landlord that Im outta there by the end of July!
In Guelph right? That is a nice drive... When my car needs a service... I should really book one of those one of these days. I just hate waiting at the dealership while they are working on my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsOfCassiopeia View Post
CONGRATS SHINOBI <3

I'm currently screaming at myself to not buy a 3D printer or laser cutter... I just want the fun toys, and they're way less expensive than I thought... @.@
I had the same problem months ago.... I still want a 3D printer... But they are expensive and smelly.... Still want one....

Allergies officially suck. I am sneezing up a storm. People think I look sicks, but it's just allergies.....

"Captain Canada"
Pokemon trainer inspired something

Samurai Zapdos and Moltres
Revamped Scalemaille Gyarados with armour
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #87269
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
In Guelph right? That is a nice drive... When my car needs a service... I should really book one of those one of these days. I just hate waiting at the dealership while they are working on my car...
Yep! And the place is on "Normandy Drive", so queue me making Mass effect references with our decor! And maybe my casual Shepard cosplay and the street sign.
Quote:
Unread 05-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #87270
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsOfCassiopeia View Post
CONGRATS SHINOBI <3

There's a makerspace in Boston, you should look into it. I've heard great things about it. You might get a discount for being a student; I'm a member at a makerspace we've got downtown and because I am a student AND I volunteer, I've gotten membership down to $10/month, which is access to 3D printers, a laser cutter, and all sorts of machines.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote