Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 04-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #87856
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm not a total wreck like the morning I got the news, but it's one of those things that comes and goes with how your mood is.
...and my next costume plan is now a Victorian mourning dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #87857
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Ugh, got another message from a dude that's implying he's hitting on me but oh he's a "nice guy" so it's totally ok right???

Scuse you, no, I have a boyfriend, so I'm very much taken. Not that it says that anywhere on my profile, but even if I was single I would never be interested in a dude like this. Guys like this are just dudes trying to seem nice just to get girls. No, that's not how you get girls, fyi. But nice try, buddy.

/endrant :P

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #87858
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Holy crap, my dad scared me! He has to drop of my mom at quarter to nine at a near by bus stop and didn't come home 'til quarter to 11! My sister and I came to the door and we got worried at 10 thinking he got into an accident or something. Turns out our white Infinity car is now out of commission; and dad got home with a tow truck. But my sister and my mom bought a new Audi (well its a new car for us, its actually a 2007 model) back in September so at least we have the other car. But still wow that was unexpected. Reminds me of the time I had to go with my parents when I was younger to drop of my mom and the car at the time stopped right in the middle of the road on the way home. And I remember my dad trying to fix it and some guy deliberately yelled something out the window while he was doing that. Like I know the car troubles were unexpected but wow guy.

Future plans:
Blue Angel/Aoi Zaizen, Yugioh Vrains

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 04-26-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #87859
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

First sunburn of the year. :P Only one side of my neck and one arm too, which is kind of weird especially for how bad it got compared to "nothing at all" on my other half, and even WEIRDER is the fact that I HAD sunblock on!
Quote:
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
Unread 04-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #87860
DanArt

Well I am four slave-checks away from getting my ideal camera. However a new camera will be released so I might as well dump that money into a savings account.

My initial camera ( the 38/41MP broke and the replacement broke ( my bad ). So I have to spend a couple hundred dollars again just to be loaded with a camera ( stuck at 1/500 1/5 second external flash ).

See rant section.

However recently I met another photographer who is starting his own business. He is working with four other photographers and wants me to join the group. It feels nice to actual meet somebody outside of college that is/not using me for there own gain. However it makes me feel that I am abandoning my equal opposites back in college realm.
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #87861
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

....so, my bf and I got woken up at 6 am by somebody's cat meowing outside our windows in the rain. A few rounds of "chase the cat" later, it's now inside our apartment for safekeeping. And it's still too ungodly early to call the humane society or go knocking on doors to ask who's cat it is (he's clearly someone's pet. Kinda chubby, collar with a bell, incredibly affectionate....). So now I have to babysit the cat for a few hours. By myself. Because bf had to be up extremely early for a shooting project (that was what made him take notice of the cat in the first place). He's not getting into any trouble and I sacrificed a can of tuna for him to eat, but with all this sewing work sitting about I'm keeping a heck of a close eye on him. Keeping the cat in one room definitely didn't work.

EDIT- Phew, I found the owner. Kitty lived down the hall in an apartment that just got moved into.
Quote:

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 05-01-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #87862
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx624 View Post
Ugh, got another message from a dude that's implying he's hitting on me but oh he's a "nice guy" so it's totally ok right???

Scuse you, no, I have a boyfriend, so I'm very much taken. Not that it says that anywhere on my profile, but even if I was single I would never be interested in a dude like this. Guys like this are just dudes trying to seem nice just to get girls. No, that's not how you get girls, fyi. But nice try, buddy.

/endrant :P
I actually had something similar happen to me recently where the dude tried to set me up with his friend after me telling him that my parents didn't approve of my current boyfriend ... He claims it wasn't like that and that the dude had a girl already but the actions of his friend surely suggested otherwise. Plus the guy told me, and my boyfriend different stories upon confrontation and the friend still didn't see the error of his ways.

Things got worse when he mentioned to another friend of his who I later find out from him was his ex lover or some crap about me moving and all. That's his friend, not mine. I see that chick every time I go to that place and she hardly ever speaks. All of a sudden because he told her I was moving she's gonna blow up my spot all up in the middle of the store while 4 other people piggy bag on the comment and start asking me questions like its going out of style.

I don't like non associates in my business ... Anyway long story short, I confronted the dude a second time in reference to the chick. I even ended it with "no hard feelings right???" and he said "nope, no problem". I was cordial, polite, and nice about it. I didn't fly off the handle like I felt like doing right after the fact. Truth be told I was still pissed about his friend trying to come at me but despite harboring "no hard feelings" he took me off all the social media things that he had me added on.

I was like woooow soooo butthurt D: I was gonna cut him loose after I move because he seems like a really spiteful person who runs his mouth a lot and a years worth of communications and make for a very interesting story but it seems he has "cut me loose" instead ... Seriously this is why I feel like people and friends aren't about crap and is nothing more then a waste of time. Although this is indeed not the first time I've either fallen out with someone or them fall out with me over a multitude of reasons.
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #87863
Rahzel
steal back your future.

I AM EMPLOYED !
And tired
Not tired for any reason but kinda secondhand tired ;; TT It's my first job-job but I'm traumatized of being employed already lol the people are great apparently and I'm happy and it scares me ; being neuroatypical is a shthole. Oh but hopefully crafting cosplays shall distract me TT
Rahzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #87864
Rinku-chan

I just got back on the forums after 3 years and decided to look through some of my old posts and...
wow... I was super cringey...
I would like to personally apologize to everyone.

Meanwhile, my sister is out of town for the next week and I get to pet-sit her hamster. I didn't even know she had a hamster until she asked me to watch him. He's a cute little fluff ball!
Winter Schnee (RWBY)
Trisha Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
Jaune Arc [Prom Dress] (RWBY) -Back Up-
Taako Taaco (The Adventure Zone) -Back Up-
Next Convention: Planet Comicon 2018
Rinku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #87865
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

A coworker invited me to a party they were throwing at their house. I don't know them super well or anything, but one of the other girls he invited tells me he throws parties like this all the time, so I decided to go at the insistence of my mother. (You need to go out and meet people!) I got the date, time, and address. They were telling me about some of the food they were going to make (eggrolls and boneless stuffed chicken) so I assumed it was some sort of dinner party. Today (about a week later) I got a more formal invitation, and it turns out this is actually a birthday party for someone named Shaly. I have no idea who this person is, how old they are, whether they're a guy or a girl, (googling the name got mixed results) etc. I am much less comfortable going now, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for a gift considering I have 3 days to figure something out. I just got a small giftbag and stuffed it with some candy and $20 figuring that's a pretty safe bet no matter their gender or age. Going to skip on the card altogether because finding something generic that's not targeted towards a specific gender or age range or assumes I know this person personally (ex. thanks for all the stuff you do for me yadda yadda happy birthday) is actually really difficult. And it's in an apartment complex so I'm not entirely sure where to park or go once I get there. (I got an apartment number, but it also says the basement so...) And this is supposed to last for 3 hours, so I'll probably look rude if I beat a hasty retreat an hour in because I barely know anybody. Like I wish there was someway I could drag my mother with me, because I'd feel so much better having someone I KNOW there. Supposedly a few other coworkers were invited, but I'm really only acquainted with the 2 mentioned above, and one of them will be busy hosting and attending to guests. I'm an introvert, I don't know how to put myself out there and interact properly in a social setting, much less try and make friends out of it. This is a disaster waiting to happen; the only good news is it's close enough to home that I could walk if I really wanted to.

Conventions attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013 & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #87866
belligerent
Viking Metal

Apparently I've had a broken shoulder since December. Went ice skating, fell a couple times. At some point realized my shoulder was hurting (a couple weeks later) but figured i'd just pulled something at the gym. finally went to a doctor sometime in February or march because it wasn't getting better.

after cortisone shots and physical therapy, got an MRI done and found out yesterday that I had fractured the greater tuberosity of the humerus (or something). it's healing i guess and is about where it should be six months later but will take a while to totally heal.

i just think it's funny i've had a broken shoulder for six months without really realizing it.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #87867
roseandzippin
White and Nerdy

Me, this morning while getting dressed for work (teaching): "Oh gosh, my pants are feeling a bit tight... I'd better watch what I eat!"
Also me, literally five hours later: *walking back to classroom with three plates of food because it's Teacher Appreciation Week and the office staff made a buffet* "Well, so much for that..."
Really, I'm not big at all, though. It's just that I can usually eat whatever I want without gaining any weight...

I'm a Florida graduate student who must choose between the heart (wearing a flower crown while skipping along a beach) or the brain (wearing a graduation cap with a clean bill of no student loan debt). So far, I choose to follow both.

Future:

MegaCon 2017- Felicity Smoak

Previous:

MegaCon Tampa Bay 2016 - Felicity Smoak
MegaCon 2016 - Fem!Link
Walker Stalker Orlando 2015 - Beth Greene
MegaCon 2015 - Fem!Castiel
roseandzippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #87868
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Apparently I've had a broken shoulder since December. Went ice skating, fell a couple times. At some point realized my shoulder was hurting (a couple weeks later) but figured i'd just pulled something at the gym. finally went to a doctor sometime in February or march because it wasn't getting better.

after cortisone shots and physical therapy, got an MRI done and found out yesterday that I had fractured the greater tuberosity of the humerus (or something). it's healing i guess and is about where it should be six months later but will take a while to totally heal.

i just think it's funny i've had a broken shoulder for six months without really realizing it.
A very similar thing happened to my Dad several years ago. He got a small fracture on the socket of the shoulder joint which took months to diagnose as a result. At least worker's comp paid for the physiotherapy he wound up needing, but it gave him an early start to having arthritis in it.
Quote:
Unread 05-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #87869
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Me last night: Eh, I'll do the apply bit for that tomorrow. It's not going to fill overnight on a Saturday.

Me this morning: ...Wait, it filled overnight on a Saturday?

Bleh.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #87870
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
A coworker invited me to a party they were throwing at their house. I don't know them super well or anything, but one of the other girls he invited tells me he throws parties like this all the time, so I decided to go at the insistence of my mother. (You need to go out and meet people!) I got the date, time, and address. They were telling me about some of the food they were going to make (eggrolls and boneless stuffed chicken) so I assumed it was some sort of dinner party. Today (about a week later) I got a more formal invitation, and it turns out this is actually a birthday party for someone named Shaly. I have no idea who this person is, how old they are, whether they're a guy or a girl, (googling the name got mixed results) etc. I am much less comfortable going now, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for a gift considering I have 3 days to figure something out. I just got a small giftbag and stuffed it with some candy and $20 figuring that's a pretty safe bet no matter their gender or age. Going to skip on the card altogether because finding something generic that's not targeted towards a specific gender or age range or assumes I know this person personally (ex. thanks for all the stuff you do for me yadda yadda happy birthday) is actually really difficult. And it's in an apartment complex so I'm not entirely sure where to park or go once I get there. (I got an apartment number, but it also says the basement so...) And this is supposed to last for 3 hours, so I'll probably look rude if I beat a hasty retreat an hour in because I barely know anybody. Like I wish there was someway I could drag my mother with me, because I'd feel so much better having someone I KNOW there. Supposedly a few other coworkers were invited, but I'm really only acquainted with the 2 mentioned above, and one of them will be busy hosting and attending to guests. I'm an introvert, I don't know how to put myself out there and interact properly in a social setting, much less try and make friends out of it. This is a disaster waiting to happen; the only good news is it's close enough to home that I could walk if I really wanted to.
While this wasn't the doom and gloom walking disaster I predicted, I really don't think I'd have missed much by staying at home. Turns out Shaly is his wife, she turned 42 (looks way younger) and just moved here from the Philippines in October. Everyone there was a friend, neighbor, or coworker of her husband as all her friends and family are back in her home country. None of the other co-workers arrived until halfway through the party so I sat awkwardly by myself as everyone else had their tables full with their own happy groups. Shaly came and sat with me and we made awkward small talk for an hour or so until the other coworker I knew showed up and did a much better job of it than me (she's an extrovert). All the food was Filipino, (which I found out I am not a fan of) there was no cake, and I didn't get to see what else other people got her because they didn't open the presents during the party. Mostly 3 hours of chit-chat and listening to her husband sing Elvis songs on the karaoke machine. There was lots of leftover food so I ended up getting sent home with some of it. Hopefully my family likes it better than I do. I do kind of feel sorry for her and I get that he wanted to make her first birthday here special and this is probably the best he could do with her not really knowing anybody yet...but everyone either left early or came late (the other co-workers only stayed for an hour) . It kind of felt like a waste.

Conventions attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013 & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote