Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 02-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #46
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.

I'm attending college to get my Bachelors in Childhood Education/Music Theory ^.^ Almost a Junior I suppose, if we want to go by those terms.

I currently work at an animal hospital taking care of those delightful critters. I love working with animals however the manager at my hospital makes going to work pretty unbearable. So sadly, I'm looking elsewhere. Devoted a year to this place and I see no progress coming from it, but! Maybe I can transfer.

Other than that o.o my life is pretty generic. Work, school, boyfriend, party... I attend one convention a year (Anime Expo), so, yeah.

Woo life!
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira

Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #47
Red Raccoon

Meh, I can't really say I loved high school...but I didn't hate it really either. It was rough, missed half of freshmen year cause I got really sick. Then sophmore year just felt like I was trying to catch up on what I still needed to do from the previous year. Junior year is the year of hell at the high school I went to...having to start thinking of college, SATs/ACTs, keeping your grades up...very stressful. The Senior year....college applications, final SAT/ACT stuff, scholarships, financial aid, ect. Yea...not fun >.<. I graduated last year, and am taking a year off before going to college this fall (fall of 2011) at Middlesex Community college. Plan to go there for two years then transfer somewhere else...as for where I am still unsure.

I've been working at the local Stop&Shop for...about three years now. Doesn't sound long, but considering how fast we tend to go through teenagers/part timers there it's pretty damn impressive XD. I know how to ring, do the self scan, a little bit of florist (hated being over there...), and now I mostly do File Maintenance stuff (making tags, signs, dividing up/hanging sale tags, making sure stuff rings up correctly, price changes...all sorts of fun stuff).

Most of my friends are off at college...leaving me with VERY little social life outside of work, or hanging out with my boyfriend (girl does need her friends dammit!). I go to one convention a year (Anime Boston ftw!). And I like making random videos in my spare time!
Yea...that's about it

Friday: Edward Elric
Saturday: Twisted Princess (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Tamaki Souh
Red Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #48
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot Billie View Post
Taylor Ham, of course.
And meeeeeee! :P
(Dunno who that is.)

I'm wishing high school were over right now; sophomore year has got me at my wits' end and I am NOT enjoying it.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #49
lyraparry11

I'm a junior in high school, and I don't really like or hate it. I get decent grades and want to go to a decent college or maybe an art school. My dream job would be to be a fashion designer, but unless you make it really big in that, it can be hard to make money. So therefore I have no idea what I want to do when I'm done with school. I haven't had a job yet, though I want to get one as soon as the SATs are over.
Anime Boston attendee since 2009
lyraparry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #50
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Fuck homework.
I'm going to read a book instead.
I'll have time to do it after work tomorrow.

(Just typing that made me feel more in control of my life.)

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #51
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

I'm in my Junior year. I can't decide between being a Pharm major or some sort of animal major. I want to be a pharmiscit(?) or a VEt Tech maybe. But I can't decide. I'm influenced because I LOVE animals. Any kinds. Not afraid of reptiles ether I used to hide them in my room with my sister who caught them. Bugs I'm ok with sort of. And medicine from experience with my sister's continuos surgries and need for medince to stop the pain and clam her. I spell so bad outside school. >.<'
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #52
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

I'm a freshman in college. One more year and I'll be transferring to a school in New York. My major is music, when I get all the credits and degree I'll be studying Music Performance and something with producing or musical theatre.
High school was okay, but senior year I just wanted to get out of there. I had a lot of friends a year older than me. I remember I always wore high heels and people would constantly ask why, which annoyed me. Sorry I like shoes, jeez. The only thing I learned from high school is FAVORITISM. Most of my graduating class is pregnant or in jail, fun times.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #53
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Fuck homework.
I'm going to read a book instead.
I'll have time to do it after work tomorrow.

(Just typing that made me feel more in control of my life.)
This. I stare at it. Hmm... should write that paper. Then I gaze at all my sources. Mmmm would make a good quote. Then i stare at the paper. Mmmm...urrrgghhhh..... bwaaaaaaaaa..... Ouuu look, a book! *reads*

I mean... it's not due until the 10th! COMMON I HAVE TIME!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #54
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I'm a sophomore in college right now, attending Ithaca College as a journalism major with minors in history and writing. My friends think I'm insane. They're probably right--I have to write some kind of paper or article nearly every night. I also copy edit for the school paper and I work for the magazine on campus. I just applied to be an editor, so I'm hoping I get lucky. *crosses fingers*

Next spring I'm planning on studying abroad in London! It'd be neat if I could get an internship at somewhere like the BBC, but I'm not sure how well that will go when I haven't had a single big-name internship yet. (Not having a car makes it difficult to actually work somewhere out of town.)

Right now I work on campus in the bakery and the kiosk in the communications school. It's really easy work, which is why I get paid minimum wage. XD I also get out early at the bakery a lot, which would be nice if it didn't mean that I got paid fewer hours. At home I work at the local Borders, which is luckily still in business. The Borders here in Ithaca is closing, so there goes my plan of working there when I have a car.

I luckily don't have much work to do this weekend because I've been on top of everything. Pokemon Black and White coming out tomorrow has motivated me to get everything out of the way so that I can enjoy the game for a few days. XD

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote