Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

To answer your question, yes. Actual post has been moved a space down since it's an actual review instead of a one word answer.

Last edited by FE Freak : 09-29-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Should have made a separate post.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #17
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs

Item purchased (please include quantity): http://kingdom-arts.org/Jaguar.html (light brown) quality is fantastic. Best wig quality i have so far.

Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...6/IMAG0325.jpg (sorry its after i styled it. i didnt take a pic before hand)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a week

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: They have great communication. i love their politeness. I had asked if this wig actually came in the light brown and they assured me of when they would have that color up..so that was kool lol

Final Grade: A+
-Nora (RWBY)
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Dream Cosplays:
-Append Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Tsuruya (Haruhi Suzumiya)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
FE Freak

Name of Product: Long Ponytail Clip in Light Blonde
Where purchased: Arda Wigs
Product description: It's a really long clip-in ponytail. Very soft.
Pros:LOTS of wefts to rip off of this guy for putting into a main wig. Easy enough removable butterfly clip? The colors match perfectly to the wig. It's heat resistant so ironing the individual wefts on a cool setting on the iron is not an issue at all and it takes to straightening so well.
Cons: You're going to have to either sew the wefts together or glue them together to complete one wig-length weft because they are 6 or so inches long. It wasn't intended for harvesting anyway. So, that's more of a personal complaint. Nothing to do with the product.
Pictures:Rosey Pink color. Facebook login required. The thickness thereof.
Unread 09-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #19
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs
Item purchased: Derelicte in Aqua/Silver
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5&l=feb1c6fa0a
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9&l=70db4e9d3c
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 4 days altogether, ordered on monday the 26th and it arrived today the 30th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: Um, everything?
I hate keeping communication with people over cosplay stuff, so for everything to go so smoothly without having to ask petty questions was awesome for me. I'd never gotten any wigs from Arda but I've heard nothing but amazing things about them. I have been wanting a split wig in either white and blue or white and purple and the only shops to offer that are Arda and MintyMix. MM however was sold out of their blue so to Arda...
Ordered during their 3000 FB fan sale so I got a little discount from that. I love the texture but I know most people don't like the coarser texture. I'm used to it from the white wig I got from Coser. The clips are extremely curly, I'm a bit scared to tease them. the base wig is spacious and a nice change from the head hugging wigs I usually get. The base seems a little thin in the back but it might just be me.
Awesome wonderful wig! X3
Final Grade:A+
If they ever get a White/Purple split I'm definitely getting it from them!
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #20
astronological
Delirious Biznasty

how long'd it take to ship ?

my tumblr
astronological is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #21
FE Freak

Five from their location and three days to get to my house so...eight days.
Unread 10-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #22
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I just got my first wig from them. I deviated from the review format here slightly to describe the shipping.

Name of Product: Claudia in Ash Blonde

Where Purchased: Arda Wigs

Product Description: a 25-30" long curly wig.

Use: I bought this for my lolita Luna Lovegood cosplay. I also plan to use it for my regular lolita outfits.

Pros: It's made of hiperlon fiber. I'm not really familiar with this type but it's very soft and feels like real hair.

Cons: I can't really put my finger on it but something seems off about the color. It's probably just lighting though.

Shipping: I ordered the wig on Sunday but wasn't notified of it being shipped until Thrusday, it arrived on Saturday. The store was having a sale at the time of purchase so they probably had a lot more orders than usual which slowed down them down. I usually order wigs from Chinese and Hong Kong companies so it typically takes two weeks for them to arrive. It was nice having it arrive so quickly.

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Picture of the wig being worn

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:58 AM   #23
AcidCandycane

I recently purchased their Stardust wig, which is a short, punky, vibrant rainbow. I'm extremely impressed and recently made another purchase from them. I heard about them from a good ol' friend who suggested them to me as she was satisfied with her previous purchases.

Shipping was incredibly fast, they sent it out the next day and the wig arrived 2 days after that. Came perfect out of the package and it looked and felt great. Perfect fit for me and my friend with stunning quality from a distance, close up and in photos. The only downside is that it's one of their only wigs that's not heat-resistant, however, it looks stunning as it is. It was at a reasonable cost too for such a rarity of a wig, and honestly, you can't complain about the prices for the quality they are in.

Honestly, I'm in love and I'll surely be ordering more wigs from them many times
AcidCandycane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
astronological
Delirious Biznasty

just ... gonna add to arda's rep. o uo

Name of Commissioner : Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery : Arda
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Well, only one of the wigs were for a character. I bought one Ferrari (Mako Green), one Hansel (Dark Ash Blonde), and Short Bangs (Dark Ash Blonde). The Ferrari is for a humanized BMO (Adventure Time)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : All I have is a crummy webcam. > u> Maybe I'll take some later.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : I ordered the Ferrari and Short Bangs on Monday [the 17th], the Hansel on Tuesday [the 18th]. They were both said to be shipped on Tuesday [the 19th], and got here today [the 21st]. So the shipping itself took 2 days, and the whole process took four. That's actually pretty sweet.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : It was my birthday. So, my parents let me order from Arda as my first-time wig store. > U< I didn't have to/I didn't have the nerve to contact them. I'm extremely glad I didn't need to/my wimpiness wasn't harmful.
So I don't know anything about their customer service. ;;
Pros : (I've only opened the Hansel right now. So I'm reviewing that. I'll probably edit when I open the other envelope.)
Fast shippingggg. [For all of them.]
No shine whatsoever in the fibers.
Lovely color, and it won't look strange with my skin tone.
I've only had one wig before [and it was bought from a costume shop. Decent quality, compared to Arda.] and it was not this easy to manage. Or put on.
So easy to style. I mean, I just muss it up and it can get spikes sticking out. Or
Fun to touch. Ehehehehehehe.
So much fibers! SO MANY.
Maybe I'm just being gentle with this wig or something, but no fibers have fallen or slipped out, yet! The only stray fiber I saw was a yellow one, though there's no yellow in this wig...
editedit I opened up the Ferrari and Short Bangs ! Ferrari is beautiful, really. Curls nicely.
The Short Bangs are really nice. I used those as a test for a flat iron. It's tooootally flat-ironable. C: I'm pretty sure the other wigs are, too.
Cons :
[This is the first time I've ordered a wig, so not really any. just.]
This isn't a complaint, really. Just that in some reviews, they say Arda's really soft. I can vouch for that. But only as much as this kind of fiber will allow. It's a little stiffer than human hair, but with all those pros? I can deal.
Also, my hands feel a little funny after handling and playing with the fibers for while...
The color of the Ferrari is darker than I'd expected and wanted. But whatever, it still will work.
And the Short Bangs are confusing to put on, but I may just be stupid.
this is just my fault but my stupid gogdanged sideburns will not hide no matter how i style this thing
editx2combo So, I've noticed that, in the Ferrari, it's a little thin when you part the bangs down the middle, and the wefting shows. This won't be a problem for me, since I'm doing Saki bangs, but for others, it might.
Final Grade : A+
o uo

my tumblr
astronological is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronological View Post
just ... gonna add to arda's rep. o uo
Me toooo~

Name of Commissioner : Arda Wigs
Website/C.com gallery : Arda
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Chibi in Rose Pink and two Matching pigtail clips
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item :
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : I don't remember the exact dates since it's been a while, buttttttt it didn't take too long. I wasn't on a schedule but I doubt it took much longer than 2 weeks.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : No comment really. (:
Pros :
It's big enough for my big head even after I accidentally made it smaller via the pigtail stubbings.
Soft. Heat resistant.
Cons :
The onlyy con I have is the color. Some of Arda's photos aren't good for showing the color and because of the lighting... My pic is the same way - in the photo it's the same color as Arda's photo. But I was hoping it was a little more... light pink. It's a little dark but it works fine for me.
Final Grade : A+

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Merchant Arda Wigs

Website http://www.arda-wigs.com/

Item purchased (please include quantity) Lulu wig in lavender ( http://www.arda-wigs.com/ )

Links to picture(s) of your received item (Will post soon when I find my camera!)

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Ordered it, got an email saying it shipped a day or two afterwards, and got it roughly a week later. This was amazing, considering I chose free shipping.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Oh my God, this wig is gorgeous! It looks so, so natural, even though it's lavender-colored. And the wig is so, SO thick! Beautiful! The fibers aren't what I'd call soft, but the plus side to that is that it feels and looks like real hair. This also helps keep the fibers together if you want to play around with styling a little bit. Not only are there lavender-colored fibers, but there are darker fibers too, creating highlights and lowlights. It's astoundingly beautiful. And I'm also very happy that the wig is made to fit larger head sizes. (Don't worry, you can adjust them to be smaller if you need to.) I am also very pleasantly surprised that the wig looks even better in real life than it did in the website's photos!

Final Grade: A+!

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #27
BloodOfAutumn
Aristo Mercu

Product: Jareth in 063 (silver), and Magnum in 081 (Platinum Blonde)

Purchased at: www.Arda-wigs.com, Cosplay.com market

I bought the Jereth for my Riku cosplay, seeing as it was a great style and color, and great price for a US merchant. I ordered it, and they e-mailed me saying they just ran out of the fiber and had to buy more, and if i wanted a different wig in a different color at the same price, i can choose. I said no and had waited an extra week before they sent me another e-mail saying they shipped it out. 3 days after, the wig arrived, and i was so happy!
I bought the magnum here on this site's marketplace, because i thought it was perfect to spike into a Cloud wig. When i received it, it was missing the net that usually came with one, but it was okay since it wasn't from a legit merchant. I loved the fibers, and the style was so cute i didn't want to cut it.

PROS: Great fibers, very soft and realistic, not glossy like most kanekalon wigs, since they usually use Hyperlon fiber. It barely tangled, it fits comfortably on my head (my head is big enough that some times, the asian wigs give me a headache), and not much styling is really needed. If i need to style, the fibers take on products extremely well. Customer service was great and very kind.

CONS: For my Jareth wig, on the crown of the wig, the fibers are kind of messy, and shows the wig cap. No matter what i do, it always shows, but it's not like that with my magnum, so i 'm wondering if it was just because it was a Jareth. Another thing is that, because they make such big wig caps, the fibers tend to curve a bit bigger around that(like, it won't hug your face). When i put it on, it makes my head and face look rounder, so I had to use the hot water method, to get it less poofy.

Rate 9/10, one point off because my Jareth wig was a bit off at the crown, but i LOVE Arda wigs! Will definitely buy from and recommend them
BloodOfAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #28
anickh

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronological View Post
uh, is it okay to ask a question about Arda here ?
are their wigs okay just to wear ?
i've been thinking about getting a wig of theirs because it's heat-resistant and that's a major plus.
Yes, I wear them all the time. To the store, out to eat, wherever, theyre really good quality wigs so yes u totally can. and you can do what ever you want as long as your confident about it
anickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #29
anickh

casual wear

this is to the person who asked if it was ok to wear arda wigs around town (and not just for cosplay) i answered this before but it was kind of unclear as to the question i was answering. anyway, i wear arda wigs (and other cosplay wigs) everywhere. they dont have to be "only for cosplay" i think cosplay wigs are soooo fun. so i love wearing them anywhere and everywhere. if your confident enough to do it, then yes, its
anickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #30
Xindra

Has anyone bought a wig in maroon? I'm wondering whether it's closer to the swatch or closer to the picture of an actual wig. The actual picture looks like ginger.
Xindra is offline   Reply With Quote