Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Really? Well the site has the same color extensions as the wig somewhere on there.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #17
kiggi

i dont know much about wigs. would 4 of these work to make the braided rapunzel wig (with the filler of some sort to bulk it up). i figure this will be better than lots of extensions right? 1 for the base and 3 for the braid is what i was thinking. if that is way off, what would you do?
what else do i need? i read somewhere about a wig cap, but anything else?
thanks!!!

http://www.costumersnetwork.com/prod...nde-wig-adult/
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
Peroperosq2

beeeautiful cosplay!
Peroperosq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

kiggi- Wow, that wig is super-cheap! Watch out though- with wigs you pay for the quality. I can' be sure, but I bet that wig could be likened to a Halloween wig. It looks pretty nice in the photo, but I would be reeeeeally skeptical about purchasing them. Perhaps you could just order one to see what the fiber looks like in different lighting & how it photographs, and look at the thickness of it.
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
kiggi

thanks, i may do that, it will be better than getting 4 and not being able to return them. ive never had to buy a wig, so this is all new to me
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #21
protectorkorii

I need some help please! See, I play Rapunzel for a Princess Party company. I have this Wig which worked great. But now I have a neck problem which makes wearing it harder. Does anyon have suggestions to do a version of a Rapunzel wig that ISN'T super heavy? I don't care if it isn't super accurate. I was thinking maybe doing one more like the parks version would make it easier on my neck.

Suggestions?
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

kiggi- I think that would be the wisest option. It would only cost $40 for all of them, which isn't horrible, but that's the cost of one really high quality wig (it's about what I spent on my Briar Rose wig from Arda). I would be interested in seeing pictures if you do decide to get one!

korii- The parks Rapunzel wig is actually two separate ones: she has a short braided one on her head, while the big braid is actually attached to her dress. You can see this in some of the videos on YT. (If you didn't already know that ^.^) The only other options I can think of are going with a short brown wig, wearing a mid-length blonde wig, or resting your existing braid over your shoulder to counter the weight.
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #23
mj12sgal4eva

I really want to dress as Rapunzel for Halloween ... but I will just be adding flowers to my hair as it is just at my knee caps right now .... heh ... this pic was taken on june 9th heh https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
mj12sgal4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #24
Leslie2004

I was thinking of using two of these wigs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180661861489...ht_2465wt_1185

(I hope that link works)

One would be the base and the other would be used to add additional volume. Do you think the second wig would have enough fibers to cover a filler to bulk it up? Or would I have to find some matching hair extensions as well? I'm trying to make this look good without breaking the bank either.

Thanks for your help!
Leslie2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #25
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2004 View Post

(I hope that link works)

One would be the base and the other would be used to add additional volume. Do you think the second wig would have enough fibers to cover a filler to bulk it up? Or would I have to find some matching hair extensions as well? I'm trying to make this look good without breaking the bank either.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Leslie! I bought this wig about two weeks ago, and the thickness is very meh. It's the only wig I own, so I wouldn't know how to describe it. I would say no, the safe way to do it would to buy three if you're doing the large braid. If you're looking to make a semi-thick braid, then two would be perfect, but for a large one, definitely not. Also, it tangles like something fierce. Have a good comb and wig head ready out of the package!

IN PLANNING!
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - 5%
Takozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #26
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2004 View Post

Wow. I totally forgot this thread existed! Time to contribute!!!

First off...That's the one I used!

In terms of thickness, I'd say it's very good as far as wigs go. At least compared to others I've worked with. Wigs in general are never very thick. Example, if you put a tie around one wig, the ponytail would be thicker than the average persons. Because the colour is actually a bit of a mixed tone, I don't think it will be easy to find extensions that match ONLINE...but if they're in the middle or underneath close-enough will be fine.

Now, a few points...

1. If you're planning on wearing it loose, one will be fine. Especially on a budget. But if you're wearing it out for Halloween, it's going to tangle and need high maintenance. If you're planning on putting it into a braid, you'll need at LEAST 4 for an accurate one. 2 wigs will probably give you a braid about 3 inches wide. I used foam tubes for my base and still needed FOUR wigs to properly cover them. Too bad, since I was planning on still having one loose to wear down.

2. It does not look the colour on screen. It's much more or a natural blonde in person. In some light's it photographs a bit darker than I would like, but usually with flash it has a beautiful golden blonde to it.

3. It does tangle something fierce!!! It was ALMOST hell to separate the sections to wrap and braid etc etc etc. I had to dig up a LOT of patience. Even if you're leaving it long and straight, you'll find the same thing when you try to separate the wefts from one wig and separate them in the base to sew the additional wefts in. Though I found the easiest way to cut the one wig apart was to lay it flat, fresh out of the bag, wig cap laying down ( so, the netting part that goes on your head facing up ) and cut from the bottom wefts up, lifting them off the base wig 1 by 1 as you go.

4. If you're doing the braid, you will need a lot more than 2 wigs.

One wig worn down with flash:

Looks more dark gold here:

Four wigs, 3 foam tubes, a can of hairspray and an eternity of patience later:

Good luck! If you have any other questions, let me know.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

Quote:
2. It does not look the colour on screen. It's much more or a natural blonde in person. In some light's it photographs a bit darker than I would like, but usually with flash it has a beautiful golden blonde to it.
DEFINITELY THIS!!! I was sort of disappointed because of it, Limey's pictures are definitely a better color display than the sample ones from the seller!!

IN PLANNING!
Unread 09-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #28
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takozu View Post
DEFINITELY THIS!!! I was sort of disappointed because of it, Limey's pictures are definitely a better color display than the sample ones from the seller!!
My heart dropped when I pulled it out of the shipping bag. XD But it's grown on me and now I LOVE it. It has a beautiful shine and a warm, natural, GOLD tone instead of platinum blah. I'd say it's almost the same colour as they use at the parks except theirs has a bit more light beige in it.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #29
ThePrincessMom

I ordered that same exact wig a few days ago and paid for the rush shipping....let's see if it makes it here by the 6th when we leave!
DD's original wigs were way too pale...much lighter than they appeared when I bought them online. So I am happy to see "real" photos of that wig...I think the color is perfect!

Now please please get here soon...
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #30
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessMom View Post
I ordered that same exact wig a few days ago and paid for the rush shipping....let's see if it makes it here by the 6th when we leave!
DD's original wigs were way too pale...much lighter than they appeared when I bought them online. So I am happy to see "real" photos of that wig...I think the color is perfect!

Now please please get here soon...
I live in Hawaii, and the +$10 shipping here was fairly quick, only five or six days, and coming from China, that's like, lightning fast! I hope it gets to you soon!

IN PLANNING!

Last edited by Takozu : 09-25-2011 at 11:30 PM.