Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 93 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #151
Faiga

Tried on wigs. Ayanamisatoru fits fine. Neither tight nor loose. Average.

Lucaille is a slightly better fit. It goes down farther on the neck. But still also average.

FS runs small for me, fyi.
Faiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #152
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro.rebe View Post
Okay, so. Now addicted to Taobao wigs. ._. Anyway.

Need help with previous experienced people from these. I have a Miku Hatune Rolling Girl cosplay and I'm redoing Shinku. So, I need them to be soft, but very easy to take care of, if that's possible. Especially since the Shinku one is realllyy long.

But I'm prone to taking my wigs off and resetting them, so I gotta brush them alot is mainly why I am asking.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3501364226&frm=
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6512325849
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2918182935&frm=

So of these three, does anyone know how the quality is for long? All I've seen is Sheep has problems, but I've heard nothing of these at all.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7708437237
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3934591550&frm=

Same with these, all I can tell is that with 07, I gotta cut the bangs myself.
All those wig shops should be fine for long wigs, they will probably tangle a little bit but not as much as Fantasy Sheep's, (since Fantasy-sheep uses this weird thick material which causes it to tangle so much)
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #153
kuro.rebe
Kuro....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepstio View Post
All those wig shops should be fine for long wigs, they will probably tangle a little bit but not as much as Fantasy Sheep's, (since Fantasy-sheep uses this weird thick material which causes it to tangle so much)
Yay, thank you. That's all I needed then. l3
kuro.rebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #154
meepstio
jini;♥

exchange rate went up :c so instead of 0.155
it's 0.157 x Yuan = USD

Last edited by meepstio : 04-28-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 04-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #155
Rei2Rei
-mad hatter-

Has anyone ordered from http://coserstyle.taobao.com/ before???

I was interested in this wig, but wasn't sure on their quality. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9242262336
Rei2Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #156
swainboW
Nii-sama~!

Does anyone know if NS Workshop direct ships to the US?
I'm interested in this wig http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8538451290
I'd e-mail them, asking if they do or not, but I can't find an e-mail or anything to contact them through on their page.

Thanks.
Hibari Kyoya, Jumpsuitbari, Lelouch Lamperouge, Naoto Shirogane, Kagamine Len, Romario, Kagamine Mikuo/Kaito, School!Uni, Y!Squalo, Watanuki Kimihiro, Dream!Mukuro, Dream!Chrome, Gokudera Hayato, Yamamoto Takeshi, GAR!Simon, Orihara Izaya, Kohta Hirano, ELR!Gumi, Black*Matagi, N Harmonia

dA FB
swainboW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #157
Nefertieh
:B

Quote:
Wigs from China tend be be on the smaller side (since their population's head circumference is smaller). But, you can always cut the edge and sew in more elastic to fit.
Actually, the head size on some of the wigs are small because the smaller they are, the cheaper they are to produce. That's why wigs from stores like E-New are super cheap, but super small. I'm Chinese, our heads are actually not that small.

On the other hand, I've never had problems with wigs from CC Kids or Fantasy Sheep. However, because of how dense their wigs are, the longer wigs also tend to be very heavy.
Nefertieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #158
Faiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertieh View Post
Actually, the head size on some of the wigs are small because the smaller they are, the cheaper they are to produce. That's why wigs from stores like E-New are super cheap, but super small. I'm Chinese, our heads are actually not that small.

On the other hand, I've never had problems with wigs from CC Kids or Fantasy Sheep. However, because of how dense their wigs are, the longer wigs also tend to be very heavy.
Oh China, what an odd way to manufacture items. Everyone else in the world makes headwear to fit the population's head since....they'll sell more if they fit. Like for America. Hats sold in New York are smaller than hats sold in Washington state. People in NY have smaller heads than people in Washington.
Faiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #159
atlantisan

I just got my order from Lucaille. 5 wigs, 3 short wigs and 2 long wigs. I paid on April 12th or 13th and received it yesterday (April 26th) via registered mail. Pretty quick shipping, I still have to get my friends to try on their wigs to make sure they fit, but mine fits fine on my head. Everything looks really nice, nothing is too tangled, colors are almost exactly the same as on the site. I'll post a full review after I get the other 2 orders from Grand Young and Ayanamisatoru's taobao shops, which should be in about 2 weeks.

Edit: The Lucaille wigs fit everybody, even the guys (who have larger head sizes). However it might be a tight squeeze if you have a lot of hair.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo

Last edited by atlantisan : 05-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #160
plumvs
manjushaka.com

I finally found a good TaoBao deputy and tried 2 wig shops:

Fantasy Sheep: pretty much same impression as everyone else, although I didn't find their long wigs to be especially prone to tangle. Their fiber is less silky/soft though and should be better fitted for boy-styles and spiking and such.

Ywailisi:
- overall very good value for the cheap price
- small wig cap, fits on my medium-sized head snugly
- may have slight faults in construction such as stray wefts
- standard non-shiny fiber with medium softness
- nice silky fiber, relatively easy to comb through
- fiber volume is thinner than my expensive premium wigs
( although they do have a few thicker wigs priced slightly higher)
- long wigs have thin bangs, don't know about short ones though
- color shows up darker in their indoor photos than outdoor

I'll be trying out Coserstyle and Lucaille soon.
- Zhang Chunhua (Dynasty Warriors 8)
- Soujirou (Log Horizon)
plumvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #161
meepstio
jini;♥

Let me know how Coserstyle works out. I'm interested in buying an Izaya wig from them but their wigs tend to look a bit shiny in photos .__.
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #162
kaibutsu-Ketto

I have a question How long does airmail take? I payed for my wigs from fantasy sheep on March 27, and she finally shipped it out around April 8 or 9. It still hasn't arrive yet, I emailed her and she hasn't responded. Has anyone order from Fantasy sheep recently and have/haven't received there package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
Hey you guys! I have a few questions regarding the wigs from these stores:

- Lucaille's (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5388575334&frm=)
- ayanamisatoru (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2128241844&frm=)
- kucos (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1870897846)
- 1/2 Prince (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9249658402&frm=)

Are the shades the same as in the pictures?
How is the thickness?
How is the tightness of the cap?

To be honest, I'm mostly worried about the tightness, I have a pretty big head. e3e;; But yeah, thanks in advance for the help you guys! ♥

Also, my friend & I have only ordered from professionalonly but that was a few years ago, does anyone know by any chance if they have a taobao? o-o They shipped from HK if I remember correctly, but it's worth a shot asking. q-q

Thanks again you guys! ♥
I bought A alois wig from kucos and i love it it was the same shade as the one in the picture. Its somewhat on the thin side but overall its a great wig. It nice and soft
kaibutsu-Ketto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #163
Nefertieh
:B

Quote:
Oh China, what an odd way to manufacture items. Everyone else in the world makes headwear to fit the population's head since....they'll sell more if they fit. Like for America. Hats sold in New York are smaller than hats sold in Washington state. People in NY have smaller heads than people in Washington.
Actually, not all the wigs in China have a small headsize -- like I said, it is mainly the cheaper wigstores like Enew. Those stores aren't trying to sell "more" because they already sell thousands, considering they are dirt cheap. The smaller the wig, the cheaper the cost is for producing the wigs, the lower the price they can offer to buyers.

Also, you have to remember, they aren't technically a shop you can physically walk into, they are an online store. They probably wouldn't be able to get away with selling wigs with such a small headsize if people could try the wigs on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumvs View Post
I finally found a good TaoBao deputy and tried 2 wig shops:

Fantasy Sheep: pretty much same impression as everyone else, although I didn't find their long wigs to be especially prone to tangle. Their fiber is less silky/soft though and should be better fitted for boy-styles and spiking and such.
I think I depends on the fiber. If the fiber is heat-resistant, it is usually less silky and shiny than the kanekalon wigs. On the other hand, I personally think the less shiny wigs look better, especially if you have flash on.
Nefertieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #164
Kyomi
SO ZETTA SLOW

I'm not a big fan of FS wigs - the last one I got (Hope from FFXIII) arrived a frizzled, gray, tangled mess. The fact that the top wasn't made like other wigs of mine irked me a little as well. It was a big disappointment because it was out of stock when I first ordered, and after I agreed to wait for it, I received, well... that.

AyanamiSatoru and CCKids are the two I usually go to nowadays - I used to frequent Kucos, but the prices from the other 2 seem better. All three are reputable though; their colours compared to the photo and wig thickness are pretty good.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #165
RedbudInTheSky

This thread has been so, so helpful! So I'm ordering a wig from Dear.Wild aka Lucaille from Taobao and retelling my purchase experience in hopes of aiding future buyers.

I'm currently trying to order a Ranka wig from Lucaille/Dear.Wild.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4448471902

After following the advice here, I've used gmail and emailed them my request after translating it into Chinese. She responded the next day. From what I've gotten here, her wigs are very soft and fit most head sizes. The wig costs 90 yuan = 13.86 USD. I asked for the cheapest shipping and she'll do the china air mail, which is 45 yuan and it'll take over 15 days to reach me. Lucaille also does DHL shipping which is faster, about a week. She uses paypal to receive orders. Total: (90+45)/6*1.08=25USD via China Air Mail

She then gave me her pay pal email and requested my address:
name:
phone number:
street:
city:
state:
post code :

Now I'm paying via paypal and waiting for the Ranka wig to arrive. From what I can see on the website, the wig has had 0 transactions and 7 returns. D: Also the wig appears a bit small in the pic, so I'm a bit wary since I have a big head. But she told me it would fit normal people and I'm following the info. that her wigs fit really well.

Once the wig arrives, I'll post pictures and my review of it.

So far, I'm really happy about my correspondence with Lucaille. She responds really quickly (about 24 hours or less) in english and ships directly to the U.S. But the quick response may be due to my message being in translated chinese. (Faulty chinese, to be precise. XD)
RedbudInTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote