Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #16
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao View Post
I'm planning to place a pretty big order with some friends, and I was just stuck on which agent to use, one of my other friends uses Taobaobuying, but you say it's slow? Has anyone had experiences with http://www.taobaoenglish.com ?

And for a huge order, roughly what amount for shipping did you have to pay? 'Cause I don't mind waiting a month+ for it, I just really don't like the EMS prices x__x so I'm contemplating SAL instead.
I'e actually never heard of TaobaoEnglish, but I personally recommend TaobaoSpree. I've used them a few times, and I've never had any issues with them- and I've never heard a single bad review for them, either (can't say the same for taobaobuying...).
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA

Last edited by Kitsoru : 03-15-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #17
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao View Post
I'm planning to place a pretty big order with some friends, and I was just stuck on which agent to use, one of my other friends uses Taobaobuying, but you say it's slow? Has anyone had experiences with http://www.taobaoenglish.com ?

And for a huge order, roughly what amount for shipping did you have to pay? 'Cause I don't mind waiting a month+ for it, I just really don't like the EMS prices x__x so I'm contemplating SAL instead.

Taobaobuying has communication problems, he's not exactly 100% fluent in english, and now a days he tends to reply much slower as well.

I've never tried taobaoenglish.. though I highly reccomend taobaospree because if you have any questions they know what cosplay and what not is,so they can give you more details about it if you're not sure what to buy. I haven't had a problem with taobaospree so far.

The thing is with SAL, I don't think you can use SAL unless it is a very small order,(though I'm not entire sure on this you could ask) it seems with big orders you would have no choice but to use EMS/DHL/TNT since they pack it in boxes. Roughly I pay $40+(depending on weight, and trust me those wigs will get heavy the more you buy) for shipping since I tend to use express shipping.
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
Masao

Yikes, thanks for the warning, Kitsoru.

And I guess I'll be going with taobaospree then. Thanks for answering my question about the shipping, meepstio. I guess I'm stuck with the expensive shipping. :x
Masao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 02:13 AM   #19
noogleNoL

are lucaille wigs anything like fantasy sheep? and will they fit people with larger heads? i like fantasy sheep but i ordered a wig from them a while ago thinking it was black (it was listed in their "black" wigs section i swear) and ended up getting a purple-black.

i mean it's a great wig and i love how thick and smooth it is but i don't want to buy another wig thinking it was one color and getting another. i didn't realize finding a black wig on taobao would be so hard... granted i don't speak or read an ounce of chinese and google translate stinks.
noogleNoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #20
meepstio
jini;♥

lucaille wigs are really soft compared to fantasy-sheep. they're not as awesomely styled as fantasy-sheep's(and what I mean is that the bangs are long) but they're still really nice and the color on the site's photos is accurate to what they actually sell.

you said you were looking for kanda right?
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8491868206
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6612704344
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3180068166
Unread 03-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #21
noogleNoL

for some reason, i keep getting logged off... weird.

soft is good =). from my experience, the softer a wig is, the smoother the fibers are, which also means the wig is easier to run my hand through to try and untangle knots.

at first i was like "whoa! how did you know i wanted a kanda wig!?" then i saw that you had responded in my other thread =D. thanks so much for the links but i won't be doing the ponytail version of him. i actually just need a mid-back length black wig with bangs. i'm actually trying to go through lucaille's taobao right now seeing what i can find.
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #22
doxiequeen1

What do you guess the shipping would cost for one fantasy sheep wig to the US?

Also, how long does the shipping usually take?

This is the wig I want, if that helps.

I would rather not bother them with an email until i'm sure i'll buy it ._.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #23
noogleNoL

in my experience, whether it was through an agent or direct (direct is much easier in my opinion) it didn't take very long for the wig to ship and arrive. at most is was a week and a half, but usually i somehow always get it within a week.

maybe it's the type of shipping i used (ems?) or maybe it's because i ordered during their low season, but for all the horror stories i've read about wigs taking a month to arrive, i've never had that issue. but i do always give myself a month in advance to order just in case =)
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #24
RukiasTears
welp

I am interested in one of these wigs.
Would I be able to use my Visa debt card or is it only Paypal? I don't have a paypal. Dx
Jo - Burst Angel 50%
RukiasTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #25
meepstio
jini;♥

Sorry it's only paypal ;w; though you could add your debit card on paypal it works.
Unread 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #26
noogleNoL

does anyone know how big lucaille's wigs are? i'm tempted to buy one but i need to know if they have a lot of room for larger heads or if they're small. i wouldn't want to buy the wig only to realize that it doesn't fit the wearer =(
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #27
Faiga

Just pitching in my 2 cents.

I use Tabobaobuying. I've NEVER had a problem with them. It depends on which agent you get because the one that I got the 1st time was great and I've been using him ever since. He replies to all my emails within 24 hours and lets me fill in my own orders since mine are quite large and I can organize them by shop.

The reason I use it is because you get 50% off EMS while places like TaobaoSpree only give 40% off.

As much as I like Fantasy Sheep. Beware. Those wigs look gorgeous but they have studio lighting. Which means you need to look at the darkest shadow of the wig you want and that will be it's true color.
Secondly, do NOT buy the long wigs. They tangle horribly. Fantasy Sheep is only good for short to medium length wigs. Otherwise you might as well be throwing your money away.

Legit: http://i55.tinypic.com/24mwzsz.jpg
I bought that wig expecting a honey blonde. What I got was that wig but a mix of the 2 shades on the left I extrapolated in photoshop from the black encirclement. Even all my friends said.it.was.brown. At first I thought they sent me the wrong wig but from that style, there is only 1 brown wig and it is brown as UPS. :/
I've had tangle issues with it but I could man through it since my character has her hair tied. I bought replacement from another Taobao seller and will sell this one once the new one arrives.

My friend bought this one: http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!!17501607.jpg and she spent the exact price of the wig in detangling products and it still won't be tame. She's going sell it in hopes somebody can use it as a boy cut since it won't be usable long.
The wig is smooth and straight when sitting on the wig head but as soon as you put it on and walk across the room is is a bird's nest.
Faiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #28
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

O_o There's no way a wig of the colors you swatched even COULD look that yellow in a photo, no matter what the lighting. You obviously did get the wrong color. Do you have a photo of the wig you received? Did you actually contact them about the problem?

Also, the Taobaobuying agent I think I've heard the most problems about is Popeye.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #29
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiga View Post
Just pitching in my 2 cents.

I use Tabobaobuying. I've NEVER had a problem with them. It depends on which agent you get because the one that I got the 1st time was great and I've been using him ever since. He replies to all my emails within 24 hours and lets me fill in my own orders since mine are quite large and I can organize them by shop.

The reason I use it is because you get 50% off EMS while places like TaobaoSpree only give 40% off.

As much as I like Fantasy Sheep. Beware. Those wigs look gorgeous but they have studio lighting. Which means you need to look at the darkest shadow of the wig you want and that will be it's true color.
Secondly, do NOT buy the long wigs. They tangle horribly. Fantasy Sheep is only good for short to medium length wigs. Otherwise you might as well be throwing your money away.

Legit: http://i55.tinypic.com/24mwzsz.jpg
I bought that wig expecting a honey blonde. What I got was that wig but a mix of the 2 shades on the left I extrapolated in photoshop from the black encirclement. Even all my friends said.it.was.brown. At first I thought they sent me the wrong wig but from that style, there is only 1 brown wig and it is brown as UPS. :/
I've had tangle issues with it but I could man through it since my character has her hair tied. I bought replacement from another Taobao seller and will sell this one once the new one arrives.

My friend bought this one: http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!!17501607.jpg and she spent the exact price of the wig in detangling products and it still won't be tame. She's going sell it in hopes somebody can use it as a boy cut since it won't be usable long.
The wig is smooth and straight when sitting on the wig head but as soon as you put it on and walk across the room is is a bird's nest.
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking of buying one of their long wigs, but after hearing this, I'm not so sure.

Anyone else have any experiences like this?
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
kaibutsu-Ketto

thank you so much for posting this i was ready to buy a wig from fantasy sheep on the ebay page when i saw this forum. But i have some more questions if you don't mind answering i wanted to buy three wigs from fantasy sheep http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7655099767 , http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1950397931 , and http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9172941749 . But i know they have the Elizabeth wig on ebay for 49.99 if i email me saying i want these wigs would they give me the price that is on the ebay or the taobao page? Another question is that i email fantasy sheep about one of their ebay wigs but they haven't responded, is anyone else having a problem trying to contact tham? and Last question which do you think is better direct or agent for shopping with fantasy sheep. I wishing to buy all three and to save money so hopefully you someone can answer my questions.
kaibutsu-Ketto is offline   Reply With Quote