Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #31
noogleNoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibutsu-Ketto View Post
thank you so much for posting this i was ready to buy a wig from fantasy sheep on the ebay page when i saw this forum. But i have some more questions if you don't mind answering i wanted to buy three wigs from fantasy sheep http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7655099767 , http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1950397931 , and http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9172941749 . But i know they have the Elizabeth wig on ebay for 49.99 if i email me saying i want these wigs would they give me the price that is on the ebay or the taobao page? Another question is that i email fantasy sheep about one of their ebay wigs but they haven't responded, is anyone else having a problem trying to contact tham? and Last question which do you think is better direct or agent for shopping with fantasy sheep. I wishing to buy all three and to save money so hopefully you someone can answer my questions.
kuroshitsuji <3... at least i'm assuming that's what the wigs are for =P

i figure if you send them the links from their taobao page, they'd charge you for their taobao prices (which are ridiculously cheaper than their ebay). and don't worry about the email response. i'm having trouble with that too. i've been sending a couple emails every two weeks or so and just to make it so that they actually read it, i write "IMPORTANT" in the subject line. it makes me sound like an ass but hey, whatever gets them to read my emails. and i know they're active because they change their taobao page every once in a while.

if i don't receive a single email from them by april, i'm thinking about going through an agent. that way, you'll actually get the wigs you're trying to order. but the problem is that you won't be sure about the color of the wigs themselves. fantasy sheep has pictures that show one color, but when you get the wigs, sometimes it's a different color/darker/lighter etc. like the ciel wig for example. i'm seeing black, gray, and some light blue fibers. so i guess my advice is just be prepared if it's not the exact color you were looking for =)
noogleNoL is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding-chan View Post
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking of buying one of their long wigs, but after hearing this, I'm not so sure.

Anyone else have any experiences like this?
I have bought a long wig from fantasy-sheep yes, their wigs tangle horribly. mainly because they use some kind of different material for their wigs, (if you compare their wigs to other wig shops which are more softer)

Unfortunately with Fantasy-Sheep like I said before they can't get the same color in their photo all the time, its a hit or miss. They even state it in their shop:
(( FYI ABOUT FANTASY-SHEEP:
"All items sold by us are being described to the best of our abilities, as accurate as possible, and with utmost conscientiousness on our part. *Please Note that size and color representation are subject to manufacturing variance and may not be exact.**Also note that because of the different monitor, pictures and the wig might have color difference"

If fantasy-sheep doesn't reply to your e-mails if all else fails I would just use an agent, yeah there are those extra fees but if you need a wig in a hurry and from what I experienced I've had the hardest time to have Fantasy-sheep get back to me through e-mail, however if their wigs are bought directly on taobao they'll ship it out right away so I'm not sure if it's a communication problem or just being lazy. /shrug

@noogleNoL: Lucaille wigs seem to fit pretty well. I've had my guy friends fit their wigs.. and well their heads are pretty big XDDD

@faiga: which agent did you use from taobaobuying? I always had to deal with popeye and it was mainly a communication problem I had with him >__< and he would sometimes order things I didn't even want to order -_- though taobaobuying has that 50%, EMS isn't rly worth it to me @__@ takes too long imo.
Upcoming cons: AMA, K-CON, Nekocon
soul eater not, crayon pop, lulu (ffx)
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #33
doxiequeen1

I hope this doesn't come off as a stupid question, but does cosplay wig have a taobao store? If so, is it cheaper on there?

They seem to be the only place selling a wig I want...it's just rather pricey -.-
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #34
ajisaiareku
~Sewing Maniaz

I have bought from Mucos recently and E-Bee for both cosplay and for Lolita. The wigs are great quality, arrived in a super quick manner (I also paid for DHL shipping which is more expensive). I have used both SS services you listed in addition to taobaonow.com. Taobaospree i liked the most by far. My friends and I ordered wigs, anime merchandise, dollfie items, and a few other things. I had asked her due to a convention that we needed the wigs before everything else. As soon as the wigs arrived in the warehouse she contacted me to quote for shipping and she sent the wigs. It took less than 2 weeks from the time I placed the order to me receiving the wigs. A++ service from taobaospree.
Fuu: Final Armor - MKR
Lolita Captain America
Other Cons 2012:
Holiday Matsuri
ajisaiareku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #35
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
I hope this doesn't come off as a stupid question, but does cosplay wig have a taobao store? If so, is it cheaper on there?

They seem to be the only place selling a wig I want...it's just rather pricey -.-
I have yet to find their taobao shop which sucks I know since their wigs are really nice ;w; I even asked the e-bay shop and they said they don't have one :T
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepstio View Post
I have yet to find their taobao shop which sucks I know since their wigs are really nice ;w; I even asked the e-bay shop and they said they don't have one :T
Awhh, that's to bad. Their wigs are such pretty colors *_*

Thanks anyway!
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #37
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepstio View Post
I have bought a long wig from fantasy-sheep yes, their wigs tangle horribly. mainly because they use some kind of different material for their wigs, (if you compare their wigs to other wig shops which are more softer)
That's good to know. I don't want to get something that I can't manage to untangle!
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #38
X_Rikku_X
Getto daze!

Taobao does have gorgeous wigs, but like some people said earlier, watch out for the colors. I ordered one and it turned out darker than the picture they displayed. I would still order from them again though, since their wigs are awesomely thick and soft!
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #39
doxiequeen1

Gah, I was going to PM you meepsito, but it appears your inbox is full, so i'll ask it here ^^;;

I just have a few questions, they actually aren't wig related, so if you don't want to answer them I completely understand! But you seem to know more about agents and taobao then I ^^;;

Now, I've fallen completely in love with these shoes, in love to the point I want them in 3 colors xD The problem is, they are on taobao and all. But i've pretty much decided I can't live my life without these, so i'm going to go through an agent.

I've already figured out it will be (for 3 pairs) 22$ (shoes) + 7$ (EMS shipping) + 3$ (agent fee) + shipping?

But thats where I get stuck...how much do you think shipping would be? I'd completely understand if you didn't know, but I thought i'd ask anyway! I know shoes are pretty heavy..but so are wigs, so i'm hoping you can guess XD

Many thanks! ^^
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #40
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

Black white and pink right. ^_^ They are cute, but they probably would not com in my size, lol

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #41
doxiequeen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Black white and pink right. ^_^ They are cute, but they probably would not com in my size, lol
Actually, I don't care for black patent leather and I have way to many black heels already....^^;; Surprisingly, I'm obsessed with the yellow xD So I plan to get the white, yellow, and pink.

And they actually come up to a US size 11 which is pretty rare, but awesome. Being a size 10 myself, I was pretty ecstatic upon seeing that.
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

Dose it give any indication if the shoe are on the narrow side? I'm 9.5 wide myself so I take a 10 in most sizes to compensate for that. I would get black and white myself. I'm m=not a fan of pink shoes since I never seem to have a match closes for it. the would probably look nice with jeans though.

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #43
doxiequeen1

I'd assume they are on the narrow side, but I really don't know. I'm basing everything off their size chart at the bottom and this one. They say "Opening depth: in the mouth (7-11cm)" under details if that helps.
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #44
WhiteCherry212
Crazed Metal Fanatic

I stumbled upon this page by accident, but I've come to be really happy with it. Now, I generally am only buying one wig at a time, as I've been so flooded with school and work but...I dunno...this summer I may try to do a batch order with my friends.

Meanwhile, I came with an important question. Austria wigs. I would love to get one so, as I have...about three months left to make my outfit and get a new wig that doesn't look mutilated. Any ideas exactly?
WhiteCherry212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #45
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
Gah, I was going to PM you meepsito, but it appears your inbox is full, so i'll ask it here ^^;;

I just have a few questions, they actually aren't wig related, so if you don't want to answer them I completely understand! But you seem to know more about agents and taobao then I ^^;;

Now, I've fallen completely in love with these shoes, in love to the point I want them in 3 colors xD The problem is, they are on taobao and all. But i've pretty much decided I can't live my life without these, so i'm going to go through an agent.

I've already figured out it will be (for 3 pairs) 22$ (shoes) + 7$ (EMS shipping) + 3$ (agent fee) + shipping?

But thats where I get stuck...how much do you think shipping would be? I'd completely understand if you didn't know, but I thought i'd ask anyway! I know shoes are pretty heavy..but so are wigs, so i'm hoping you can guess XD

Many thanks! ^^
make sure you're measuring your shoe size in CM.
You mean for intl shipping? It really depends on the weight which can't be determined until its ordered. I would say maybe $20~$30 if you're using EMS.

Three pairs would be about $24.05 including agent fee and domestic shipping. (just a rough estimate)