(crossposted to anime matsuri forums)
Hey guys! My name is benihime (foto-chan is my photography alias) and i love to take cosplay photos
Now i'll be walking around the con and taking con photos with my point-and-shoot, but I also have a DSLR camera that I use to take priavate photoshoots with.
Since I know what day my panel is, I can start planning.
All shoots are free of charge (i'm still learning so of course It would be rude of me to charge),I just have a few requirements.
1. I don't mind bought costumes or comissioned, I just ask the quality of the work be nice and not sloppy.
2. Love your character. It's SO MUCH EASIER to pose you if you get into character well.
3. Help me out by figuring out some poses beforehand. I'll do my best to research, but I don't have time to watch everything, so some insight definitely helps!
4. Patience. Again i'm still learning how to use my camera proplerly and how to pose people.
5. No yaoi/yuri, please. I really have nothing against yaoi or yuri, but it's not my preference and I don't really feel comfortable shooting kissing scenes of any type. The cute glances and such I will do, but not any intimate poses. sorry.
Just know that the more effort you put into the costume, the better it comes out in the photographs. Also, that it's hard to pose you if you can't get into character. I've had problems with cosplayers being too akward or shy and the pictures not coming out to well because they couldn't figure out what to do. I just ask you be open and loose with me.
I only have a few slots open. Mostly for late thursday, late friday and POSSIBLY late saturday (depending on how tired I am after the cosplay contest). So I hate to be selective, but I will probably have to be. Just for time reasons, selective I mean. Sorry I didn't mean that to sound elistist.
Here's a sample of my work on my old cosplay da:
If you're interested, please send me a note! Please include the cosplayer(s) that you want to be part of it, what character(s) and what series. If you could also send a link to a couple of reference photos that would be awesome too!
I can't wait to work with some of you guys <3