Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 02-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
Yunamii
needs motivation.

Question about scammers?

Hi, so I purchased something from the marketplace around two weeks ago and the seller has stopped contacting me. I sent the money through paypal and tried to contact her multiple times. She is still logging unto cosplay.com daily and I'm not sure whether I should wait a little longer or file a paypal dispute. Could I have really gotten scammed?

Her cosplay.com name is: hyperperson

I still have all my pms with her saved. Could that be used for evidence too?

Sorry I never got scammed before and I don't know what to do ):

Last edited by Yunamii : 02-28-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Yunamii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

wrong forum..this should probably go in the review forum i think, but anyway, that is kinda scetchy that they are on every day but not responding, but it doesnt mean your for sure being scammed. i am having the same thing happen, but with another commissioner, he just takes a while cuz he may get on and have a million PMs, that could be whats going on, just keep trying, but dont be rude, and if before the 45 day mark, you feel your still being scammed, i say file a claim. but, give it about another week or so just in case, maybe 2. you never know, they could answer tomorrow..lol

but im guessing you paid as a gift on paypal like they all ask for, so its harder to file, so words of advice, in the case of sending it as a gift, call them to file the claim. they wont do it otherwise. you actually have to call them and explain to a real person what hapened, or they wont care.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Yunamii
needs motivation.

Apparently they share a computer although I don't understand how sharing a computer would enable her to be online on cosplay.com unless they share accounts as well. She replied saying the skirt was sent out on Saturday. I will wait to see if it actually arrives. Hopefully this was all a misunderstanding. (:
Yunamii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

thats not always good either, theres another person that shares an account on here who tried to scam me by buying things i had for sale, then once she recieved it she filed a claim on paypal to get the money AND items, but then on a thread about her she said she shares the account with her little sister. so we dont even know who we are talking to. once your done there, its best to stay away, just in case. you dont know if your talking to the right person.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote