Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 03-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
TheLoneVaporeon
Blue is where it's at :P

Question Pokemon Hoodie questions...

Hey guys im trying to create a whole host of pokemon themed hoodies. You know, hoodies that resemble pokemon in appearence!
But the problem is i have no knowledge on how to make a hoodie for one, and i don't know where to start (like what kind of fabric would be best for hoodies?). I have never done this before and i don't have a pattern to work with.

Any answers/ideas/suggestions would be AWESOME!

TheLoneVaporeon
---Toothless quad suit (How to train your dragon)--0%(TBA)
---Ezio's Armor of Altair outfit (Assassin's creed 2 and Brotherhood)--0%(TBA)
TheLoneVaporeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
YukinaKipling

Last edited by YukinaKipling : 01-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Dez.Mommy
Mommy to Mr. Handsome

I saw these at a con a week ago. Maybe they'd give you an idea of what to do (or what not to do?)

Dez.Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
RainingEri

Hi, I'm also going to be attempting pokemon hoodies. I was originally going to do a team rocket cosplay but decided that I needed to budget more money elsewhere, so I'm going with hoodies for me and my friend instead.

I'm planning on doing one Umbreon and one Espeon (provided the friend I'm cosplaying with will be willing to do the pair with me.)

I'll be using regular hoodies as a base, in fact, these: http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Fr...k&frombrowse=1 and http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Fr...k&frombrowse=1

(the white one will have to be dyed.)

I have a few questions in regard to the process if anyone could give me tips.

Umbreon Markings: What type of fabric should I use for the markings? I know I've seen someone suggest felt for things like that, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use the same type of fabric that the hoodie's made out of. I think it would look more together, but I have a feeling that would be harder to sew since it's stretchy. I guess the big question is what fabric and technique I need to use to make them look nice and neat.

Ears: Another fabric question. Should I try and match the fabric of the jacket again, or would there be a better type of fabric to use? How do I attach them to the hoodie and should I attempt to make them stand up (I know I prolly should with Espeon, but with Umbreon it seems optional)? And how would I accomplish that?
RainingEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
reticentmoon
Maka CHOP!!! *

Stretchy Material is hard to sew without a serger and the seams won't stay together as well as non-stretchy fabric would. I made a vaporeon costume that was one piece and had a hood. I just used the hood from a sweater to draw the outline on the fabric I was using, and then made it a little bigger to allow for seams to sew it together.
reticentmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
RainingEri

Thanks muchly for the advice. In the end I got together with my friend and we decided to go with Latias and Latios instead. They will probably me a bit harder to make, but in the end we preferred that to the Eeveelutions. ^^
RainingEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
weezingfan#1

Yes hello i'm trying to make pokemon hoodies for me and 6 other people can anyone help me. I need a raichu,espeon,charmander,snorlax,mewtwo,koffing,an d ghastly. If any one can give me advise on where to start i would be very thankful.
weezingfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote