Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Unread 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
kejg09
KiKiBear

Smile Coming up with a Ciel outfit????

Hi everyone! I'm wanting to cosplay as Ciel, but I have a quick question and kinda wandering what you thought of my idea??
I'm wanting to make a outfit for Ciel, that hasn't been done 20 times.

I got inspired by this two pics:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=kuro...et=24#/d22yyz2

http://static.zerochan.net/full/42/34/41742.jpg

I'm wanting to do the the white shirt and put a underbust corset over it..something along the lines of this:
http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/33768...ust-Corset.jpg

I haven't thought out the bottom, but I want shorts and the ruffles and bow on the back of them, like in the first picture.
I either want blue colors or the light pink and cream colors.

So my question is, would it be okay to make a outfit like this for Ciel, would people recognize who I was?
Just let me know your opinions on the outfit..thanks
kejg09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
jalynissuper!

I personally think this is a great idea. Cosplay shouldn't be limited to just what's on the screen or in the manga. If you have an idea but still stay true to the character it should be fine. Most people will probably say, cool Ciel outfit where'd you find the pics of that version?

Ciel is pretty recognizable I think because 1. not many english based animes, 2. not many 12 year olds with eye patches and blue/black hair, 3. if you have a sebastian with you how could they mistake you?
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Minty-ChanD

I agree with jalyn, I myself will be cosplaying Ciel, and have thought of creating an original outfit as well. I think it's a really creative idea, and like they said a char such as Ciel should be recognized with ruffles and bows, and perhaps a Sebastian! I say go for it!
Minty-ChanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
kejg09
KiKiBear

Thank you so much for the input I'm gonna go ahead and go with this idea.
I just have a feeling when I go to a convention some people might make a big deal about it and some won't,but oh well.
kejg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
RashiaCutter

Recently, I decided I wanted to cosplay as Ciel for Otakon, but I wanted to make an outfit that differs from the usual ones. I found a lovely piece of fanart on Photobucket, in which Ciel was wearing a unique outfit that he doesn't wear in the manga nor anime. The funny thing is, that outfit that I'm putting together is the same one you are. I find it sort of coincidental. XD Anyway, I say go for it! I'm sure it will turn out just great. So far, mine is turning out just fine. I'm just having some trouble with the bustle-like object in the back, but other than that, I'm quite pleased with how it's coming along.
RashiaCutter is offline   Reply With Quote