Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #211
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

On the flag issue, it's about respect. The flag is a representation of a country, and all it stands for, it should be treated with respect. Yes, it's "just a piece of material", but so are a shit ton of other things that we don't trash.

...much like a wedding ring represents marriage and all it stands for (or should stand for)

Also, Obama's ratings hit a new low... /sadface

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by DireKitty : 03-30-2011 at 01:59 PM.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #212
Seeteke

Since I read 'politics', I'm just going to pop in and say what frustrates me.

The fact that Belgium doesn't have a federal government, but they can still declare war. What's up with that? /facepalm
Seeteke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #213
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

Not surprised about Obama's ratings going low,we still have troops in Iraq,went into Afghanistan and now in the name of "humanitarian efforts" are making our way into Libya...without even talking to congress about it.Bahrain and Yemen amongst other countries have been asking for the U.S help and need for democracy but because Libya has oil it's at our best interest to be there.
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #214
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelia89 View Post
Not surprised about Obama's ratings going low,we still have troops in Iraq,went into Afghanistan and now in the name of "humanitarian efforts" are making our way into Libya...without even talking to congress about it.Bahrain and Yemen amongst other countries have been asking for the U.S help and need for democracy but because Libya has oil it's at our best interest to be there.
Well Libya doesn't really have much oil at all, and Gaddaffi has declared all out war on it's citizens. Bahrain and Yemen haven't reached that point yet.

I think they did the right thing by going in there and stopping Gaddaffi from bombing his own people. They have the support of the Arab League if that means anything...

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #215
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Nebraska: We don't want women to murder their babies. We just don't want to pay to keep wanted babies alive.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #216
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sheesh. I still can't believe how backwards so many people are. That really does make NO fucking sense from either perspective. (If it hasn't been massively obvious by now, I'm pro-choice, but what I read there?) "You can't have an abortion for an unwanted or unhealthy pregnancy OR a healthy pregnancy/wanted baby..."

Naturally, I blame this on men being in charge of all the politics who have no bloody idea what women actually need and want.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #217
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

What it sounds like to me is: women should never be able to terminate pregnancies that are damaging to them. AT THE SAME TIME, non-white, non-citizen women who want safe and healthy pregnancies don't deserve the same respect for their bodies or their children.

If I can say one thing for the Catholic church, at least they're consistent: all life, always, for everyone (except animals, which don't have souls and God doesn't give two craps about).

(Also, Catholic hospitals have sometimes refused abortion for women with life-threatening pregnancies; this has caused women to die, and in at least one case a dissenting nun was excommunicated for saving a pregnant woman's life.)
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #218
sam vimes
A real live wire

Penny...why are you still at work?

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. Perhaps this would have been best PMed.

My bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #219
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Penny...why are you still at work?
AW CRAP I FORGOT TO GO HOME.
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #220
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
except animals, which don't have souls and God doesn't give two craps about
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #221
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Bffff. Yeah, I think I saw that somewhere else. YMMV; I was told in Catholic school that animals didn't go to Heaven because they had no souls.
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #222
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

As was I. Which I didn't believe. Psh. I didn't believe ANYTHING they taught me in Catholic school. I found fault with all of it. Particularly the "If you enjoy life, it's a sin. If you ever think about your OWN needs and wishes, it's a sin. If you're human, it's a sin", crap.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #223
Chipface
Master Ninja

I was told in catholic school that having premarital sex will lands you an STD. Not banging someone with one, just having sex before marriage.
Chipface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #224
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipface View Post
I was told in catholic school that having premarital sex will lands you an STD. Not banging someone with one, just having sex before marriage.
Like marriage made the STD's go away? Lol whut?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #225
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote