Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 377 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #3226
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Too late. I already marked my territory on all the available plot space. Once you cross over my poop ring perimeter my word is law.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #3227
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Not a "pissed-off" event but it's politics so I'll put it here. Court rules that Prop 8 is unconstitutional. The decision does make gay marriage legal again in CA but it's a step toward that.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #3228
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
poop ring perimeter
Quote:
poop ring perimeter
Quote:
poop ring perimeter
Quote:
poop ring perimeter
Quote:
poop ring perimeter
poop ring perimeter
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #3229
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Too late. I already marked my territory on all the available plot space. Once you cross over my poop ring perimeter my word is law.
I HAVE TO ASK!

Is that a ring shaped perimeter made of fecal matter, or a perimeter marked by many ring shaped deposits of feces placed next to one another?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #3230
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I HAVE TO ASK!

Is that a ring shaped perimeter made of fecal matter, or a perimeter marked by many ring shaped deposits of feces placed next to one another?
It's many ringed shaped perimeter's starting small and getting bigger and bigger the further out they get.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #3231
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Me: I love Ellen

My husband *in Pee-Wee Herman voice*: Then why don't you marry her?! Because now you can!

Actually, I can't. She's already married.

So am I.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #3232
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Me: I love Ellen

My husband *in Pee-Wee Herman voice*: Then why don't you marry her?! Because now you can!

Actually, I can't. She's already married.

So am I.
Will definitely watch when I'm at home, because I also love Ellen, but in a platonic way, and even if I didn't we're both already married and while I hope same-sex marriage is a right for everyone soon, I have no interest in seeing polygamy legalized.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #3233
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Will definitely watch when I'm at home..
The video is just her being her usual super nice, funny and rational self and making the Million Moms look like the total idiots that they are. I mean, I get being angry about how hard the media makes it to raise your children with good values. But - Ellen? Really? Of all they things you could complain about? Ellen? Are they going to boycott Finding Nemo too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I have no interest in seeing polygamy legalized.
But don't you know that legalizing gay marriage is the first step on that slippery slope? Next thing you know we'll have legalized polygamy with goats.
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #3234
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
But don't you know that legalizing gay marriage is the first step on that slippery slope? Next thing you know we'll have legalized polygamy with goats.
Wasn't it Santorum who basically equated gay marriage with marrying dogs? Obviously there's a difference between a marriage involving two consenting adults and, say, an animal or a child or an inanimate object, but I'm sure someone, somewhere, is going to argue that since polygamy is typically between consenting adults it should also be legal. :/
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #3235
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Yes, indeed. That was Santorum. And it was that particular comment that so pissed off Dan Savage that he came up with the now notorious google bomb.

There are, in fact, many reasons why polygyny - historically, that's what almost all polygamy has been - is destabilizing to society in ways that same-sex marriage is not. It's rarely been between consenting adults and is usually more about women being property or rich old men raping teenage girls and exiling the "excess" younger, poorer men (see: Fundamentalist "Mormons" who are not actually Mormons). But I'm sure that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

TBH, if three or more truly consenting adults want to legally formalize their relationship or have a group marriage it's no skin off of my nose. But I can't see it ever becoming a large enough political movement to change the laws. I mean, is being able to marry more than one person a basic right? Ehhhh. I have hard time arguing that it should be illegal as long as everyone is a consenting adult, but I also can't see it as something that is going to affect a significant number of people. Seriously - who would actually want more than one husband or wife at a time? Dealing with one is complicated enough. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by The Hag : 02-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #3236
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I'm still pondering why Christians think gay marriage is an issue that concerns them. I mean, they don't think they are the only group that gets married, right?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #3237
FalconW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I'm still pondering why Christians think gay marriage is an issue that concerns them. I mean, they don't think they are the only group that gets married, right?
I think it's that whole "marriage is about procreation and raising children". I really get sick whenever I hear them say that marriage is about having children. Marriage is love. I know several heterosexual couples who got married cause they love each other and they have said that never want to have children.
FalconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #3238
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hell, take marriage out of half the couples with kids nowadays... I barely know anyone in my family that actually had all their kids AFTER marriage. (And yep, childfree here and never, ever having children for any reason. Marriage to me is about wanting to spend the rest of my life with my partner, not being forced to be a uterus with legs.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #3239
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Lmfao uterus with legs comment made me laugh more than it probably should have. I agree that one should marry because they actually love the person and want to be with them not just make and bake babies. :/ I also hate that some people expect you to get married just because you're having a child with someone. Ugh you don't know how many family members and friends were all "so when are you guys getting married?" :/ we'll get married when we're damn well ready for it.

Husband and I had our son a few years before we decided to actually get married. We wanted to wait and make sure we were actually ready for a long term commitment because we had our son pretty early on in our relationship, neither of us were sure either of us were ready for being parents let alone being married. That's a serious commitment imo. We just finally tied the knot a back in December after 3 1/2 years of dating.
Unread 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #3240
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Not a pissed-off thing, but a politic thing -
Soon, crimes against someone based on their gender or gender expression may be considered hate crimes.

Good for you Rhode Island. I don't often have a reason to say that.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote