Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 394 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #751
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Seriously, you can't be a conservative and a cosplayer.
Poppycock. Pure poppycock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #752
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Bloc Quebecois, not Quebec, Green Party, not Green's, and the Green Party's not a major political party compared to the other four. They rarely get more than one or two seats. I asked for the four, not five. They're basically just the most popular "other".:P Considering that took you long enough, I'm still going to assume you used wikipedia. Bullshit's easier than ever with internet, after all. Also why I wouldn't ask you to post a photo of your age, because shopping or faking one is all too easy.

I also see you stopped challenging universal health care, because you've run out of crap to spit...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #753
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I'll tell you what has irritated me in politics lately. The politicians. All of them are a bunch of rich lawyers who are into the same old same old serve their party's interest and not the will of the people, otherwise why would they spend millions upon millions to get a job that while it pays pretty darn good and has killer benefits will not pay back what was spent to elect them. The left hates the right, the right hates the left, and no one really cares about the normal people. The rich keep getting richer, the poor are increasing, and the middle class is dying, meanwhile the politicians are spending more and more, spending more than we have, trying to spend the US out of debt, however it's not working and things are not getting better.

Sure, I'm doing okay, and I have a decent job that pays well, but I know so many people who have simply given up trying to get a career. They simply go for a 9 dollar an hour job somewhere, meanwhile rent, gas, food, etc keeps climbing. Seriously, it would be awesome if we could hold a vote of no confidence if someone is not doing their job. Also if we could limit campaigning to say, 90 days and limit what is spent on it. Have people in office that are scientists, businessmen, educators, and some nice normal everyday people thrown in the mix. Maybe we should reform it so being a politician does not become a lifetime job, and in fact do term limits. On top of that put them on the same systems we all have to depend on for retirement and health care. Wouldn't it be great if we could ban political parties and make people run for office based on their character and beliefs? On what they would bring to the table, not what they will screw the American people out of?

Irritation and frustration with how it is has made my vote go to the Libertarian party in every election since 2004. Sure, you on the left will complain that they tend to run conservative, and yes, when it comes to government they tend to do so, but only in terms of smaller government. Really, some of the people on the left have good ideas, and some on the right do, but no one will take those good ideas from both sides that seem to make sense and put them into action. I hate that plenty on the right say people I know, friends can't get married. I think the government has no business in the marriage business. They should treat it if anything as a contract between two people, and that's it. On the left I hate that the government says I'll have to buy health insurance from a private company. You can't compare that to car insurance because you don't have to drive. But you do have to breathe, and soon I will be forced to buy a product or service from a private company or get fined by the government simply because I am alive? That's BS.

I don't like the fact that some of the policies of the government makes people in other nations want to kill me simply because of where I am from either. If some 3rd world craphole wants to kill each other then fine, let them. Don't send US soldiers to die there for people who do not want them there. Free trade? It's all fine and dandy until you're trying to compete with someone who makes 5 dollars a day for your job. Reward people who choose not to work more than 3 months a year and then pop out kid after kid (I'm related to some of these people) and expect the single guy who has worked his butt off since he was 15, quitting school to help pay bills, then going for a GED, and later working full time while going to college to keep paying more and more? That's crap too. How about forcing the people who take advantage of the system into job training, and then changing policies to make sure those jobs are here and that they take them. A hand up is one thing, but handing out year after year is another.

I've got all kinds of questions such as:

Why does ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), a division of Homeland Security seize internet domains, yet they allow loads of illegal aliens and drugs in?

Why did things like the Patriot Act get passed, taking away constitutionally given freedoms from Americans, and billions upon billions are spent to supposedly give "freedoms" to nations in the ME who hate us, and who will continue to hate us when we finally are gone, and who will go right back to what they were in some form or another?

Why does our government spend more and more, billions upon billions bailing out corporations, fattening the wallets of the management of these corporations, while normal people out here are losing their homes and way of life? Why do some of these corporations pay no taxes at all on billions in earnings? I thought we were trillions in debt, so why does this happen?

Why do our supposed leaders get a pass on things that if you or I did them we'd be in all kinds of trouble? I'm sure you can think of plenty of examples if you think hard enough.

Well, there's enough of my rant. Think of it and me what you will.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #754
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Ehh...he's no Meg, I lost interest too fast. Now he's on my ignore list. Seriously, you can't be a conservative and a cosplayer. I didn't know my hobby said so much about my political views.
Did I stated that I said being a NEO-CON big difference between the two.

Oh and for putting me on your ignore list typical Left Wing Bitchy move what wrong can't handle the truth or you afraid that someone with a different point of view might make you question your views and values. If so I feel very sorry for you.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #755
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
You should take your own advise because while your looking for the cute Kitten photo I was answering his post some maybe you should take the time to go and read it before spouting off Deary
1. The word you're looking for is "advice".
2. I read your post. Just because you made it, doesn't mean you're any less wrong than you were before.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #756
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Or gay and Republican for that matter. However the gay Republicans I see tend to be the fiscally conservative-socially liberal types. But they're gay and registered to the Republican party so they exist.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #757
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Bloc Quebecois, not Quebec, Green Party, not Green's, and the Green Party's not a major political party compared to the other four. They rarely get more than one or two seats. I asked for the four, not five. They're basically just the most popular "other".:P Considering that took you long enough, I'm still going to assume you used wikipedia. Bullshit's easier than ever with internet, after all. Also why I wouldn't ask you to post a photo of your age, because shopping or faking one is all too easy.
Hmm considering I was answer two different post at the same time hence the delay.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #758
sam vimes
A real live wire

I'm amazed that this thread went on for so long before we started bickering with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #759
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Or gay and Republican for that matter. However the gay Republicans I see tend to be the fiscally conservative-socially liberal types. But they're gay and registered to the Republican party so they exist.
Yes they are called Log-Cabin Republicans
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #760
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

@samvimes
No, just one idiot who doesn't have a brain. Let's just stop feeding the troll and call the mods.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #761
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Changing the subject...Why is no one covering the awful things being done to albinos in Africa? Outside internet articles the only time I've seen it brought up was an episode of Harry's Law. Being a fictional show it wouldn't surprise me if people thought the issue was completely fictional as well.

Here's just the most recent article I read about it: http://unicornbooty.com/2011/05/hund...cure-for-aids/

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #762
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I'm amazed that this thread went on for so long before we started bickering with each other.
Who's bickering it's called a free and open exchange of idea's and thoughts between folks who have different view of the Political Systems.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #763
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
@samvimes
No, just one idiot who doesn't have a brain. Let's just stop feeding the troll and call the mods.
Really you want to call the Mods wow is all I can say is Wow
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #764
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

"Free and open exchange", my ass. You're just shouting "REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN YOU ALL SUCK" at everyone who tries to argue your basically flawed points.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #765
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

At the very least, the mods could make you stop double posting. I'm amazed you STILL haven't figured out that's part of what the edit function is for, considering you're oh so smart.