Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Location Suggestions MD

Hi there =)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a cosplay I'm planning with a friend of mine. I have some ideas as to what I'd like but finding a location is proving to be a bit harder. Below are some references.

Dead Master 1
Dead Master 2
Dead Master 3

What I'd like to find is an abandon building... but there are so many things that could go wrong with that type of location, it's not worth it, unless I'm able to get permission. Other ideas was a gothic inspired church (not hard to research, but I'm basically a devil girl. I can foresee that going really well) and industrial sites. When I mean industrial sites, I'm not thinking of walking on a soon to be built property. I'm not trying to commit a crime here. I'd like an area that's nitty-gritty, and show's its wear.

Any help would be appreciated and any other suggestions.
koi-ishly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
KitKatCaughtcha

There might be somewhere around mainstreet in Old Ellicott City, there are a lot of historical buildings there.
KitKatCaughtcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Thanks for the suggestion Kit, I will look into that =)
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Scorpion89
The Master

What part of Maryland are you looking at because I know a few different location in Bmore that might fit what your looking for
Scorpion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Scorpion- I live in the vicinity of Bmore, so it's not hard for me to get to at all.
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-ishly View Post
Scorpion- I live in the vicinity of Bmore, so it's not hard for me to get to at all.
Okay let me ask this one Goth Church about using it for pics as for grave Yards may I suggest Loudon over the rest in the City
Scorpion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

Ok, so I live near Ft. Meade and I actually used to live there, and there was a church we went to, and since Ft. Meade is really foresty, I thought it would be a good idea. But the church is kind of small, if you don't mind. xDD

~Otakon 21~

Chieko (Kuragehime) 0% (Planning) (Friday)
Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)- 15% (wig only) (Friday Night)
Sollux Captor (Homestuck)- 100% (Saturday Morning)
Tsukimi Kurashita (Kurageshite (Jellyfish Princess) )- 50% (Saturday afternoon)
God Tier! Dave Strider (Homestuck)- 85% (Sunday)

See you guys in Baltimore~!

VKlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

BTW I'm gonna be cosplaying as Grell from Black Butler, and I need locations. Please, they can't be further than Odenton, Annapolis, Baltimore, Hanover, or Ft. Meade. Thanks!

~Otakon 21~

Unread 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
Okay let me ask this one Goth Church about using it for pics as for grave Yards may I suggest Loudon over the rest in the City
Sorry for the late reply, is Loudon the name of the church?
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKlover View Post
Ok, so I live near Ft. Meade and I actually used to live there, and there was a church we went to, and since Ft. Meade is really foresty, I thought it would be a good idea. But the church is kind of small, if you don't mind. xDD
Is it on Ft. Meade property or outside the base? I can get to the base easily so could you give me the name of the church or the road it's on? I know the area... not very well. That way I can check it out an find it =)

Pardon the double post, I was lazy to copy and paste it all together.
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

Uh... Yeah, it's on Ft. Meade property. But I don't know the street. I know it's near the PX and Commissary. But I could find out tomorrow. But it's right next to a movie theater. I used to live in base YEARS ago, but I ended up moving out of base into Severn. I love Ft. Meade because it's natural and they protect the enviroment, so it's gorgeous. I highly reccommend it. <3 I miss living on base now! LMAO.

~Otakon 21~

Unread 05-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #12
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, is Loudon the name of the church?
No it's the name of the Cemetery they have some rather cool Crypts and it's a safer place then Greenmount
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKlover View Post
Uh... Yeah, it's on Ft. Meade property...
Ah, things have changed a lot on the base. They are going through a major renovation due to the influx of personal/jobs coming in. I don't know the base too well... I only use it when I need food, I live off of the base. But, that would not be a hard thing to look into =) My only concern would is that the character I am going to be has a very large scythe... and well, the military is the military. Granted, I can go with out the scythe. I'm just not to sure how well I'd be received. Ha, I'm just thinking of going through the gate and if I had my scythe in the back what the entrance guard would say ;p

Scorpion89:
I did a quick search for some of the images, some of the vaults/crypts look really great. Thank you for the tip! I don't know that part of Bmore all that well, so that is something I'll scope out with my husband prior. It's kinda sad to know the a cemetery can be considered not safe due to the area around it =/
Unread 05-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:

Scorpion89:
I did a quick search for some of the images, some of the vaults/crypts look really great. Thank you for the tip! I don't know that part of Bmore all that well, so that is something I'll scope out with my husband prior. It's kinda sad to know the a cemetery can be considered not safe due to the area around it =/
The location isn't that bad their are two different Cemetery right next to each other the smaller one is Loudon National Military Cemetery and that has allot of Civil War grave's including the 2nd largest grave's of Color Troops and their are 5 medal of Honor buried there also. Worth stopping in and walking. As for the big Cemetery next door it dates back to the late 1700s may I suggest before you decide to show up in costume that you come over and drive the Cemetery look for locations you want to use because of the size of it. If there is anything else I can help you with just ask.
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

haha yeah. The base has definately changed. haha. I used to live there for like 4 or 5 years (since 2003). I go to school in base. So I'm in base EVERY DAY. xD LMAO. But you should definately tell em it's fake. Cuz if not, then they WILL arrest you. Ever since people from my school have been jumping the gate and getting in when they aren't supposed to be there, the MP's have been at the front of my school (in the gate that leads in base) checking IDs. If you don't have an ID, then you are basically EFFED. lmao.

~Otakon 21~