Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Unread 03-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
ZacheryGangrel

Farscape Commando with Shoulderpad - Need Help

Hey, this is my first time making a cosplay outfit. I have a few people who are going to help me, they are familiar with sewing but not cosplay stuff.

My main issue is finding something to work off of, there are plenty of pictures out there but i would rather not go a See&Sew method. I want to get it as close as i can, which is why i am here. I have been searching for a pattern for the last couple days, i haven't found anything i would consider usable. So if you guys can give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the specific outfit i plan on making.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1299811606

Most the pictures i've found are like this, mostly front views and are dark so the details are lost. SO if anyone can find an real pattern, please let me know.

Thanks!
ZacheryGangrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

No pattern but here is a better image. Looks like a basic jacket with a mandarin style collar but embellished with piping down the arms and side front (probably side back too).
http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallp...Y-1024x768.jpg

You could probably use this pattern (just don't fit it so tightly and of course, make it shorter):
http://www.simplicity.com/p-2235-men-teen-costumes.aspx
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
ZacheryGangrel

Thanks for the help and suggestions, they will definitely help once i get started.
ZacheryGangrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
BlackGhost75

Rank

Hello,

Help is on the way. This year I did built my own from scratch. 1st of all you need to buy the
Peacekeeper insignia on ebay from Kattara8. 2nd you will need dark gray sport fabric with vertical line pattern. 2nd black crafting foam from you local craft shop. The thick and thin versions. Pack of Chicago screws size 1/4", depending on how may ranks squares you want.
You will need stick on velcro.

The should pad is 7 1/2" wide X 14" long. That how you cut the thin sheet of foam and gray fabric. be sure that the fabric lines are following the long measurement. Then make a frame for it with the fabric or soft table cloth vinyl. That's half inch all around stitch that makes a 2" strip. Interface stitch all around, flip over and stitch the stitches all over, and the frame is done. Spray or air brush black paint to darken/weather the gray pad.

The rank squares are the think foam, it's to be cut at 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" or little less. Same with the thin sheet to cut the circles out and glued the those frames over the squares. Next is to screw them on the pad, but poke holes 1st in the center all the way though and fasten with the screws. Have good spacing. Super glue the Insignia on the middle. Weather everything with paint and fasten to the jacket with sticky back Velcro.

That's All I had time for this year. The jacket was bough from Pen Dragon Costumes.
I used motorcycle gloves, and WWII ammo pouches and used army navy surplus belts for add on gear.

Good luck.
BlackGhost75 is offline   Reply With Quote