Please tell me how to improve =D
This album contains my vampire knight Yuki cosplay (I'm the one in black) :

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n640/ryoma4911/

First cosplay ever
Yuio is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
Rander

Hi, welcome!

Are there one or two pictures in particular that you think could be improved? You'll get better feedback than asking the audience to look at 15 pictures.

flickr DeviantART

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."- William Jennings Bryan (1860 - 1925)
Rander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Yuio
MuiMui

Oh! Thanks for the reply, well in that case, what about the 7th and 14th one? Although I kinda think all of them needs improving @_@
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Shallon
Loves Details

Most of them look blurry. Is that what you wanted? I don't like tilted photos because to me it seems like if you tilt the camera without knowing what you want or doing then the image doesn't come out well.

Last edited by Shallon : 03-16-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Shallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
Rander

First question, what kind of camera are you using? Yes, most of the pictures are not sharp. If you are not using a tripod, I would suggest getting one. For picture #14, what is your intent? I think it might be better with mirror symmetry. You can see 1.5 legs of one person and 1.1 of another. If you could see only one of each that would improve the composition. There are things in the background that are distracting. There is like part of a bench near the person in white’s wrist. There are one or two people right in between where you are holding hands with the other person. I would say move up more and just have the gray tile as the background.

For picture #7, is that an artistic filter in Photoshop? I would prefer a nice sharp picture with Forever clearly seen than a picture that is an OK painting. The composition is nice is this pic.

flickr DeviantART

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."- William Jennings Bryan (1860 - 1925)
Rander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Yuio
MuiMui

Thank you everyone for your replies! I will work harder.
Unread 04-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

I think your ideas and compositions are interesting and creative. I would suggest you experiment with using your flash (in daylight) to fill-in some of the dark faces. Also, try not to shoot with a bright lit background without adjusting your camera or again using flash to balance the exposure.

As for post-processing, I like the diffuse-glow but it’s a bit of an overused effect in many pictures. Try the diffuse-glow and then experiment with the burn tool adjusted down and soft to add some personnel touches.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
Miss Tomyo
Tomyo

I'm not sure what you're using for a camera, but if possible I'd heavily suggest working on bringing your pictures into focus. A lot of them also look to be over exposed(too much light).
Miss Tomyo is offline   Reply With Quote