Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 03-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
BsWN

FanFiction

Fanfiction. Opinions? Really good fics you've read? Really bad fics you've read? I might as well say, no slamming/flaming a specific author.

Be sure to include which fandom and what site they're on. Feel free to recommend other authors or stories.

~
Authors that I love=

-Matilda on AdultFanFiction.net, also known as MRS-Jeevas on MangaBullet
-ShinigamiMailJeevas on Fanfiction.net or Alexhliel on dA
-Holly-chan on FF.Net
-NothingsSorrow or NothingsXSorrow on FF.Net
- Xxbeyondxbirthdayxx on FF.Net
-LovelessSlave on FF.Net

Stories that stand out in my mind (That aren't written by any of the authors above)=

-(Death Note Fandom: MelloxMatt) Techno Rejump and Breathe Electronica by DiabolicaJeevas on FF.Net
-(DN fandom: MXM) Broken Colours by City Girl Dreamer on FF.Net
-(DN Fandom: MXM) Dirty King by ThatJeevasFanChick on AFF.Net and LadyDragonCharmer on dA
-(DN Fandom: MXM) Tinted Gold by 0-Kelly-0 on FF.Net

There are more, but I'm too lazy to post them all now. ^^" *FanFiction nerd/addict*
BsWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
SheAteMyHeart
Fem!Slash Cosplayer

I'm a HUGE fanfiction buff. It's sort of an addiction of mine. I discovered it actually when I was like... 12 and obsessed with The OC of all things. Then I got into Inuyasha which was my first anime, and I've been reading ever since. XD

Some of the best fanfics (in my opinion) come from the Yami no Matsuei writers. I spent a good three years stuck in that fandom and even now I poke my head back in to see if there's anything good/new for me to read. I mostly skim through ff.net, but there's stuff on AFF and other sites where you can find fics.

Glee is my current obsession and boooy, have I read tons of fics. I totally recommend going to a live journal community of the pairing of your choosing and reading some of the stuff there. The Brittany/Santana ones are AMAZING. I've also read some Puck/Kurt by an author named IceQueenRia on ff.net and let me tell you, they're awesome.
Princess Daisy
Hannah (Demon Version)- Kuroshitsuji II
SheAteMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I love fanfics. I've been reading them for yeeeeeeeeeears, and I've seen the good, bad, and the very very ugly. lol
I also write fanfics, but I haven't written a new one in a while.
Unread 03-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Love fanfics XDDDD I've ventured off into a lot of different fandoms because of them.

I love HP fic's the best though...or older, pre seventh book fic's are the best. lol

My most recent favorite would be Broken Slipper by Rutoh-Chan in the Skip!Beat fandom XD

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I wrote my fair share of fanfics in middle school.

They sucked.

I've written two fanfics over the past year, both for the Hetalia Kink Meme. The first was really horrible. The second... I'm proud to say, I reread my own fic and laugh at it XD;; Its not done. Its on chapter 3 out of 4, and I hope to finish chapter 3 soon. I'm just lazy.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
Yukikittie

Oh fanfiction, my favorite. ^^;;;
I read it and write it. I like the Hetalia, Drrr!!, VOCALOID, and Shiki sections. Don't really remember good authors, but I remember this one writer named Orihara Izaya who wrote a really good Shizaya fanfic in Drrr!!. It was amazing, and then after she finished it, she deleted it.
I was so sad. .w.
Writing, I've written two Naruto from when I was a Narutard, and three VOCALOID. C: They're pretty shitty but people seem to like them, so I'll continue writing them. (I'm a lazy whore and never update though. >> )
I'm working on a Shiki one at the moment. SHIKI FANFICTION IS SO SMALL. NEEDS MOAR.
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
Yukikittie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheAteMyHeart View Post
POST~!
We... we have the same character's avatar. This is so ironic and so awesome. xD
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
andprosper

I'm a huge fanfiction buff. But I never lay a hand on the Pit of Voles.

Lots of slash. Lots and lots of slash. To be honest, I don't read anything but slash and femslash. I tend to focus on Star Trek, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who fanfiction. Because I have pairings in those. There would be other shows and such I'd love to read fanfiction of, but I read it mostly for non-canon pairings. If I wanted canon, I'd read/watch the actual book/show/movie.

I write fanfic, too.
Megara (Hercules) - 50% (on hold)
Rapunzel (Tangled) - 95%
andprosper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
Kildread
I can fix it!

Fan-fiction scares the bejeezus out of me. While I didn't read a whole lot of them, it often feels like a window into someone's inner fetishes.

I don't mean any graphic stuff, I mean taking their favorite characters in a setting they enjoy and playing around in it. I'd pick the official stories over the fanfictions any day.

And some books over fanfictions as well (I say 'some' because there's likely books written in the same vibe as fanfiction, thankfully I've been spared).

Last edited by Kildread : 03-26-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

It's really rare that I'll come across a good fanfic. And I really don't get the obsession with making every attractive male character gay. I mean, yeah, it happens a lot with female characters as well, but slash fic seems to be much more common. Sometimes it makes sense, like anything involving the Hobbits? Yeah. Not much of a stretch. I think the biggest problem is when people don't understand the characters and they pretty much fundamentally change the character. I love finding a fic where the writer very clearly gets the characters and knows how to write them so well, it feels almost canon.

And I have to admit, it's kind of funny when you can clearly tell the writer is a virgin and doesn't really get the mechanics of what happens, especially with same-sex partners.

Last edited by dagmarus : 03-26-2011 at 11:59 PM.
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
LovelyOmen
Immortal Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Fan-fiction scares the bejeezus out of me. While I didn't read a whole lot of them, it often feels like a window into someone's inner fetishes.

I don't mean any graphic stuff, I mean taking their favorite characters in a setting they enjoy and playing around in it. I'd pick the official stories over the fanfictions any day.

And some books over fanfictions as well (I say 'some' because there's likely books written in the same vibe as fanfiction, thankfully I've been spared).
I usually write fanfiction because I have no decent characters of my own to use. Once I get my hands on them, I mold them into my own shape, and they become 'my version' of them.

It's more of a resource to me than a need to write a story about my favorite characters.
LovelyOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

I love fanfic. Ive been reading it since I was about 12 or so. I used to write some of my own too. Boy, did they suck, haha. I took them down years ago so as not to unintentionally kill people's brain cells.

I don't write it much anymore(And the FF community takes a collective sigh of relief) but I still read lots and lots of stories. I also enjoy reading the really bad ones with gramattical errors. You know, the ones written by 12 year olds. They're just really funny XD
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

I LOVE Reading fanfictions.
I am a fan of M rated ones though ^^; I guess its because the author can be as detailed as possible. I barely read any T rated ones.

My favourite ones to read have got to be;
- Labyrinth (Sarah x Jareth)
- Harry Potter (Lily x Severus)
- Harry Potter (Hermione x Draco)
- Harry Potter (Hermione x Tom Riddle) ~ its pretty good XD

I dont read alot of anime/manga based fan fics unless I really loved the story or pairings from the original concept. I think the only one I've ever read was Escaflowne fanfics with Hitomi and Van x3 and a couple Skip Beat! with Kyoko and Ren <3
But yes, I just LOVE FanFiction <3

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

I'm a fan of fanfictions, but sadly I have preferences. I cannot read in first person due to some horrible books I've read in the past. I know I'm probably missing out on a lot of good ones, but thats how I am with it.

Lately I've only being reading Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D fanfics. Hellsing more so that VHD.

Some of my favorite fanfiction.net authors:

death-in-the-orchard (for Hellsing)
Soul of Ashes (Hellsing and VHD)
-RiP-Vii (VHD)

I do prefer the original work over fanfictions, however good the fanfiction may be.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
TR Rose
Meowing About

I used to write fanfic but haven't in years. Usually they would be short comedies, short sweet/romantic ones (non-graphic), and my favorites were the longer "in-universe" explanations for things glossed over in the real series. I had some really nifty ideas for stories but ran out of steam/ideas after the beginnings.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote