Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Valkyrre
Dubbed "Sexy Spain"

Pokemon BW - Kamitsure

Ok, so this is really only for people who know who Kamitsure is, but I will provide her picture for those who don't know if you wish to see her design.

I have two questions:

1. What color are her leggings? To me, they seem like a dark navy-purple but nearly all the Kamitsure cosplayers I have seen are wearing black leggings.

2. What's her top like exactly? Is it all one piece or is it two pieces as in a shirt with a yellow vest over it? And also to me it doesn't even look like her shirt is broken up in a way that shows skin but every single Kami cosplayer I have seen online have the top broken into two pieces (a shirt and a vest) and revealing skin.

Help please? What do you guys think? I plan on cosplaying Kamitsure this coming Anime Expo 2011 but I'm a nerd for accuracy and I want to base off what I see in the design and not what other cosplayers do.

Thank you~
Kamitsure - Poke'mon Black and White ~ 50% done
Valkyrre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Chal

Eh... wrong place for this I think mate, I'll answer anyways.

1. They're black, as far as I can tell.
2. It's one piece, I dont think it's work too well as two, and there's skin showing through, on the front where the "stripes" are, it's just black strips across an open section on her dress/shirt (Though that's just me).

Hope this makes sense, kinda tired so I might not have worded it well
Chal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Valkyrre
Dubbed "Sexy Spain"

Ah really? Wrong area? Sorry, I was thinking that it would be, my bad. |D

Anyway, that's what I thought [and here I bought real dark navy-purple leggings. Ah well, I'll just get black no big deal].

And that's what I thought also! But I've been seeing so many cosplayers turning it into two pieces and I'm like "Uh...nooooooo don't think so :/"

As far as the revealing skin.....for my parents' sake I'll have to cover up that skin. I personally wouldn't mind since it's not even that much but, meh, parents, haha.

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Kamitsure - Poke'mon Black and White ~ 50% done
Valkyrre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
Taliesiin
the Adventurer

1. What color are her leggings? To me, they seem like a dark navy-purple but nearly all the Kamitsure cosplayers I have seen are wearing black leggings.

I'm on a pretty high resolution monitor, and I agree with you on color. I'm sure you can get away with black if that's all you can find.

2. What's her top like exactly? Is it all one piece or is it two pieces as in a shirt with a yellow vest over it? And also to me it doesn't even look like her shirt is broken up in a way that shows skin but every single Kami cosplayer I have seen online have the top broken into two pieces (a shirt and a vest) and revealing skin.

I think it's one piece. You can tell by how the yellow meets at the bottom. As for the skin, I'm not sure. The purple part could just be covering her belly button, because the flesh tone there matches that of her skin really really perfectly. In the case that her top DOES have holes in it, I think the last purple section would be a part of her pants.
Taliesiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
Pazuzu
disagrees.

I'd say it's definitely skin, and that last black stripe is definitely her pants - you can tell by the shadows. If it was all a shirt and one piece, that bottom stripe wouldn't have a random triangle of darkness on it. The two top V-stripes also have cast shadows over her skin, there's even a second darker tone under the one over her breasts, since that part is already in the shadows.

Sugimori uses shading very sparingly, so those wouldn't be there as 'random shadows' :3

Last edited by Pazuzu : 03-19-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Redundancy
Pazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
millychu

Those "leggings" seems like tights to me.
When you wear tights, they are sheer so it is not 100% the original color, like this:
http://www.intostyles.com/images/footless_tights.jpg

Thus why it does not appear exactly 000000 to you on the picture. That's what I think x'D
Unread 03-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
nikkiolie

I don't think it really matters what color you decide to make the leggings as long as the leggings match the fabric on the top. The top does look like it is one piece though.
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote