Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
TrainerJenna
Jenna P. Cospalys

Post Kingdom Hearts Cosplay Help?

So I'm planning on going to Holiday Matsuri 2015 and I want to make Santa Form Sora from KH 2.5 and I could use some help finding a good place to buy the wig and making the Decisive Pumpkin Keyblade to go with it. Any suggestions would be great and appreciated.

Also if you need help with Sora or any KH cosplay feel free to post in this forum if you want.
Instagram: jennareallybites
deviantART: jennasphotopage
TrainerJenna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

The only sold keyblade that exists (which is mass produced and sold by companies that do chine wholesale costumes) are not very good. Making this keyblade is gonna be a pain. I should know..I've already cosplayed X-Mas Town Sora, and wanted to make this keyblade, but even though I'm very good with props, I was stumped. Asking in the prop section of the forums may help you more.

As for the wig, there are none pre made. You can NOT buy a prestyled wig and hope to get it that way. All wigs I've ever heard of that are sold "sora wig" or whatever, and look styled in the pictures, will come unstyled. The point is that they can make more sales if they say it's for a character. The picture is just to show what you can do with it. I personally style my own (I have styled 4 sora wigs myself, not including restyling after I used the one for X-Mas Town and the hat kinda unstyled it a crap ton.
I use d these wigs:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/jaguar
That one in warm light brown becasue it more matches KH2 sora hair.
http://arda-wigs.com/products/magnumxl
And this one in spannish brown which is my latest one.

Here's my stuff.
The same sora:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3294251/
The restyle:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3531027/
And this is my latest one, which is the Magnum long (which is my avatar to the left:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3547676/

So if you need tips on styling this, I can help you, but I'd rather do it via messages. It's just easier and doesn't clog the thread.

Then you have the option to commission it. Which I could actually do, but it's more expensive that way.
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
TrainerJenna
Jenna P. Cospalys

Thank you this actually helps a lot.

My friend uses Arda wigs too so I'll look into getting one. Your wig looks really good Jei so I'll keep you in mind if I really need the help. Also I've never heard of the whole not styled thing before, that's messed up and you saved me a heart attack or two.

I'll definitely try the prop making forum too. I'm really determined to make that Keyblade though. I have a few references saved and a lot of free time on my hands and if I can't figure it out I have another prop in mind for this.

Again, thanks Jei.

Last edited by TrainerJenna : 06-04-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 06-04-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

No problem. I mean, it probably is a LOT more reassuring coming from someone that has done the specific thing you are also doing. So if I can, I will certainly do what I can to give the information I have on the thing from personal experience.

Again, if you can't style it yourself, and are OK with spending more, commissioning is a great idea. I know what it's like to not have the money to spend on a wig and then it turn out bad and have to buy a new one. Much easier to just get someone else that knows how. Fair warning, a Sora wig from me would be $115 total, whereas buying the jaguar or the magnum long will be under $40. Just to give you a reference of what kinda difference you're looking at.

And good luck on the keyblade. If you figure it out, I'd be very grateful if you would message me with tips on it.
Unread 06-04-2015, 01:05 AM   #5
TrainerJenna
Jenna P. Cospalys

It is, actually.

And I'll consider the commission, when the moment comes I'll see how much I'm willing to spend.

I do the YouTube thing so I'll definitely vlog about it and post it everywhere.

Quick question though, how did you do the buttons on the top? I have one idea but it's iffy. My friend has a brother that made a thing that melts soda cans and I was thinking of making a mold for him or something.

Last edited by TrainerJenna : 06-04-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Unread 06-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerJenna View Post
It is, actually.

And I'll consider the commission, when the moment comes I'll see how much I'm willing to spend.

I do the YouTube thing so I'll definitely vlog about it and post it everywhere.

Quick question though, how did you do the buttons on the top? I have one idea but it's iffy. My friend has a brother that made a thing that melts soda cans and I was thinking of making a mold for him or something.
For the buttons (which actually are more just decorations, and not real buttons, becasue there is no closure, it's a cosplay that you pull over your head) I used sculpey baking clay. I made a template of the crown designs out of paper, then traced it lightly with an exacto knife to make out where I need to cut, then used the same knife to cut the pieces out, put bin backings on it and used more clay over top to make it stay on (made it look like it was inside the piece sticking out), then baked them for the time it says on the packaging,
The pinbacks look like this:
http://factorydirectcraft.com/pimage..._pin_backs.jpg
Unread 06-04-2015, 02:13 AM   #7
TrainerJenna
Jenna P. Cospalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
For the buttons (which actually are more just decorations, and not real buttons, becasue there is no closure, it's a cosplay that you pull over your head) I used sculpey baking clay. I made a template of the crown designs out of paper, then traced it lightly with an exacto knife to make out where I need to cut, then used the same knife to cut the pieces out, put bin backings on it and used more clay over top to make it stay on (made it look like it was inside the piece sticking out), then baked them for the time it says on the packaging,
The pinbacks look like this:
http://factorydirectcraft.com/pimage..._pin_backs.jpg
I know I just figured it was simpler to call them buttons.
But thank you, that is really helpful. This method seems really effective.
Unread 06-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #8
no-limit
There are No-Limits

I tend to build my keyblades with foam board and lollysticks as a skellington (its suprisingly sturdy xD (lollysticks glued to one piece then sandwiched with another)
When the base shape is there you can build it up how you like (I advise drawing it outfirst)

Hope this helps~

No-Limit-Cosplay, facebook: www.facebook.com/No-Limit-Cosplay
No-Limit-Cosplay on youtube and No-Limit-Cosplay on deviantart

My work? My plans? Come find: www.facebook.com/No-Limit-Cosplay
NOTE. My Cosplay.com doesnt have all my costumes....im not sure anywhere does, theres 58 and counting!

Come tweet me! https://twitter.com/sophiyami
no-limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
TrainerJenna
Jenna P. Cospalys

Thanks guys, this thread is really helping me out and giving me ideas.

Limit, that's really cool! I never would of thought about making a Keyblade like that.