Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #46
LilyChan
Huricane Riri

My dream costumes are Excel from Excel Saga and Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth (season 2) ;_____;

LilyChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #47
DHB
They say I'm a creep

My dream costumes... good question.

- BlackJack from Osamu Tezuka's BlackJack
- any DJing character from beatmania IIDX
- Ryudo from Grandia II

I won't list them all of course

Current projects:
- Cirno (Touhou Project)
- Shaoran (Cardcaptor Sakura 2nd movie, final outfit)

Now active on FaceBook
DHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #48
MissDeth
Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiChibiNeko
My future costumes~!
1. Trinity Blood - Esther Blanchett (Gyula's dress)
2. Trinity Blood - Esther Blanchett (Black Queen)
3. Legend of Condor Hero - Dragon Girl
4. Trinity Blood - Esther Blanchett (empire version)

Oh I'm a Trinity Blood FREAK!!! *gets whacked*

Yay! Another TB nut

One of my dream costumes is the white coronation dress of Esther's. I was really torn about keeping it a big secret until I debuted it, but I'm so in love with the process of making it, I want to share it with everyone!

I cannot wait to see your other Esther costumes! Your nun one is just so cute and one of the best I've seen. I would love to talk more about how you made it if you don't mind sharing some of your tips!

Also, a historically accurate Marie Antoinette costume. Maybe borrowing some idesign concepts and color schemes from Rose of Versailles (just so I have an excuse to wear her to a con); but using materials, patterns, and notions similar to those found in that time period.

These two make my dream list because of the time and money I would put into them. There are so many characters I want to cosplay, but I just don't see them as challenging as these. I guess I would like to remake my SeraMyu Eternal Sailor Moon dress, not because I didn't like it... only because I sold it and miss it!
MissDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #49
Scortia

Lesse, my more-elaborate costumes that I have in my planned (or in progress) list:

Red Death Phantom - PotO movie
Kurikara - Yami no Matsuei
Count of Monte Cristo - Gankutsuou
Taijouroukun - Houshin Engi (super long pants!)
Raphael - Tenshi ni Narumon
Axel or DiZ - KH2
Gambit - X-men
Guibu - Arslan Senki
Amano-version Rydia - FFIV
"Le Ciel" Yu~ki - Malice Mizer
Unread 02-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #50
AboveTheSky
Vessicator

lol the only one i'm thinking of is

Aoi's Zakuro Gata no Yuutsu PV outfit
AboveTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #51
dkbatman06
on the way to a smile

umm... since I don't reallly explore different video game series or anime, my list tends to stay within the more well-known characters:

1. Kingdom Hearts/KH COM Sora
2. KH2 Unknown (an Unknown that uses a Kingdom Key... cause I'm too lazy to try and make an Oathkeeper and Oblivion)
3. FFVII AC Cloud
4. DBZ Adult Gohan (the orange and blue clothes)
.. and I want to revamp my Batman costume.
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #52
Tenjou

I have quite a few... most of which I'll probably never make, but if all goes well, I'll be making one of those costumes for Anime Boston this year >D
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #53
Miss Tea
kiss them for me

ah, my dream costumes hopefully wont stay dream costumes forever! most of em im just holding off on until i get more sewing expereince and *cough* have the nerve to actually wear:

1. Meia Gisborn from Vandread (kinda sorta in planning stages right now)
2. Lady Luck Yuna from FFX-2
3. Lulu from FFX
4. Sasami from Tenchi Muyo!
5. Jura from Vandread (scandolus? you betcha)

oh, and a PLC costume. probably either one of Aya's or YURA-sama's.
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #54
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

right now, it's to actually start on costumes for AMA and the Cherry Blossom Festival after Katsu. I especially want to have Time Jump SnJ/regular Neji, Miniskirt!Havoc, and Jio, from the relatively unknown 666 Satan.

I ESPECIALLY would love to have Jio ready by AMA. 666 is drawn by Masashi Kishimoto's(Naruto) brother, and is a very awesome manga. Jio is just visually awesome. I don't care if I'm recognized or not. Plus; GIANT BOOMARANG.

One day I'll cosplay Jio's Lucifer form too. That's just an easier wig and no contacts..^.^

Though I'll probably have to commission the wig.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 02-05-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #55
DivineSage
Formerly OokamiTsuki

Costumes I KNOW I'm making this year:

Cloud (FF7 AC)
Zidane (FF9)- Riceball will kill me if I don't finish it ^^;
Isabella (ParaKiss)
Remus Lupin- Marauders Era (Harry Potter)
Sanzo (Saiyuki) I already have the fabric, I might as well

Costumes I'd like to do this year:

Sophitia- 2p (Soul Calibur III)
Rufus (FF7 AC)
Robin (Teen Titans)

Dream costumes:

Maya (Septerra Core)
Led (Septerra Core)
Helena (Dead or Alive)
Kaworu- plugsuit (Evangelion)
DivineSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #56
vampirate

Mmm, armor...If I can learn how to make it, the armor Utena wears in the opening of the tv series is something I've always wanted. Maybe one day I'll have the time and money to experiment enough to make it.

And costumes that require ridiculous amounts of body makeup/paint. I'd love to make a FFX Shiva or a Corpse Bride costume, but the time it would take to get the makeup right is just too impractical for con wearing. Not to mention not letting people touch you and avoiding getting it on stuff.

My current in-depth long-term costume is the Count from Gankutsuou. I'm spending like a year gathering materials and putting that together.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #57
MissDeth
Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirate
Mmm, armor...If I can learn how to make it, the armor Utena wears in the opening of the tv series is something I've always wanted. Maybe one day I'll have the time and money to experiment enough to make it.
There are some really good tutorial sites on making armour out of various plastic substances. I've found them to be really helpful and yield good quality costume armour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirate
And costumes that require ridiculous amounts of body makeup/paint. I'd love to make a FFX Shiva or a Corpse Bride costume, but the time it would take to get the makeup right is just too impractical for con wearing. Not to mention not letting people touch you and avoiding getting it on stuff.
Omg, I barely had my Shiva on for a few hours when I did the X version many years ago. The paint / makeup was the least of my problems, the friggin wig weight 15lbs!

But if you can get a friend who has an airbrush and compressor, you can airbrush yourself up real nice for both those costumes, and there's even a substrate you add into the paint to help it from smearing. I work with a local airbrush artist here for shows and do full dance routines painted head to toe, and the only place the paint seems to wear off is on the palms of my hands and other high friction areas. Otherwise, making a bodysuit and airbrushing that seems to help (what I did with my Shiva) and using stage makeup for your face/neck/hands, etc.

I only say this because I always try to promote Shiva cosplayers whenever I hear someone wants to do one! She is a very awesome character who needs more coverage!
MissDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #58
vampirate

Yeah, I've found some tutorials and talked about methods..but I haven't really invested more than that in armor yet. I think part of that I because my dad is constantly working on something for some sort of Star Wars armor costume, and I'm waiting to see what we finally end up doing for him.

And I've done the face makeup for both of those costumes before but that's it. We've got makeup airbrush stuff at school/work, but that won't really do me any good away from there. I still think FFX Shiva is one of the prettiest things ever. Maybe when I do all the other FF costumes I want I'll go back to contemplating Shiva.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #59
sakis bluescion
i love final fantasy!

my dream costumes r yuna summoner, my original yuna gunner, tidus, my original chara's. iya n maple

I exist neither as a shield nor as a weapon of war.
I will be the sword to slice away all your sadness.
I must not be afraid.
I must not fear. Though the gods that sleep within me...
...should engulf me in flames.
I will never let you see me tremble in fear. I will be the sword...to slice away all your sadness.
sakis bluescion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #60
Konrad-Chan
Sung the Pokemon Song

The Nazis from Wolfenstein