Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking Hetalia Axis Powers (Chibitalia)- Holy Roman Empire Help!

Okay, I've decided to go on and create a Holy Roman Empire cosplay for this upcoming cosplay contest/anime event at my local mall at the FYE store. I've managed to complete the cape and it looks totally awsome

Now, I have 2 questions:

1. I'm kind of debating whether to go by the Hetalia Axis Powers card version of HRE or by the anime version of HRE. Here's the card version:

0.jpg

Here's the anime version:

Holy Roman Empire (Chibitalia)-Hetalia Axis Powers.jpg

Just by comparing, which would be best to go by in terms of color? I'm asking this because I have a huge (like possibly 5 yrds, which use to be 7 yrds before I did the cape) amount of black cotton fabric that would save me some serious amount of cash as far as purchasing fabric is concerned. Should I make everything black or should I use the dark grey color like the anime version?

2. Do you think that a Lutwig/Germany wig could work for HRE. I'll shop around for boots, but at the same time, where would be a good place to find no heel boots for cheap?

Thanks so much

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Black should work out just fine for it.

And I think a Germany wig should also work just fine ^^

For finding boots... I usually scan eBay's depths XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Black should work out just fine for it.

And I think a Germany wig should also work just fine ^^

For finding boots... I usually scan eBay's depths XD
*gasp* Thanks so much Talk about a huge money saver for me. You don't have any idea how much of a headache you saved me from. Again, thanks so much^o^

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
Unread 03-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Anmanda

You could also try to check out some thrift stores for the boots, sometimes they have really awesome stuff at those places :3
Anmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Wink

Thanks Anmanda^^

Anyway, it turns out that I'm not going to get any type of wig because of the shipping timeline. This event is on April 3rd and there's no way any wig would be able to get to me on time (even it's a good wig or not, there's no way.) So I decided just to create fake side burns for HRE. I've thought about some sculpty clay or Model Magic with some sort of adhesive to put on my skin.

1. What type of adhesive will work for skin without hurting yourself when you take it off?
2. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for fake sideburns for my HRE?

Thanks so much

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAngel View Post
Thanks Anmanda^^

Anyway, it turns out that I'm not going to get any type of wig because of the shipping timeline. This event is on April 3rd and there's no way any wig would be able to get to me on time (even it's a good wig or not, there's no way.) So I decided just to create fake side burns for HRE. I've thought about some sculpty clay or Model Magic with some sort of adhesive to put on my skin.

1. What type of adhesive will work for skin without hurting yourself when you take it off?
2. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for fake sideburns for my HRE?

Thanks so much
1. Spirit Gum adhesive is amazing. You can find it at costume stores, and get a remover for it.
2. Sculpty...? Couldn't that look... weird? Just go to a costume store and get fake sideburns from there, and paint em blonde or something. Since that'd look really weird to have giant clay sideburns XD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote