Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
ninjar-pirate

Gumi Matryoshka Cosplay Help

So obviously, I'm planning on a Matryoshka Gumi cosplay for May's London MCM Expo. Hopefully my sister will be able to do a Miku, but even if she can't, I'm going to do Gumi.

The only issues I have are cosplay consistencies. As far as the wig goes, I plan on this one for it, even as a regular Gumi one, since it'll be an all rounder for any Gumi cosplay I want to do in the future.

I have a few issues with the actual costume; hoodie is very easy, I can easily appliqué the face onto it. However, i could just buy this one and be done with it, adding knee-high socks (red and black stripes) and either brown boots or brown converse style shoes.
However, I've also seen images of Gumi in a red tracksuit, or even the tracksuit bottoms and the skirt.

I was curious to see what kind of advice people can give me!!
I'm also not really fussed about contact lenses, since I'm going to see how much money I have towards the start of the con - I've still got tickets and train fare down to buy, so contacts will only really be if I can afford them.

ninjar-pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
OldestAngel

This thread can probably help with most of your questions: link
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
KBChan

i do commissions for that hoodie.
that wig looks really nice. id shop around though. i also would try that thread posted by OldestAngel as well for help.

its a fun cosplay to do.

KBC||2011
Please forgive me at times, I'm very shy~
Future Cons:
AnimeUSA2011
Ohayocon 2012

My Cosplay Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/msstrawb.../0/X5YjRQMIH-8
KBChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

There is no official complete outfit for her Matryoshka version so you can just wear whatever you want from below the hoodie. Personally, I wore some jeans and knee-high boots.

You could buy that pre-made one because does look well made, but it's so easy and just to buy a red hoodie and add the face on and cheaper too. I did mine with black and white felt and just hand stitched in the details.

If you want, you can look at my Matryoshka Gumi cosplay in my gallery for some inspiration.

That wig looks fine, but you'd have to change the fringe (Bangs if you're American) to look more like the version in the video. Try looking around though, I found mine for only £9 with shipping brand new and it is perfect.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 04-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
lenkagamine02
The Uke

If you still dont have a wig im selling one that looks just like that one for $30 http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=299680

"Hush little Izaya, don't you cry. Don't cut your arms, don't say goodbye.
Put down the lighter, put down the knife. It may be hard, but you'll win this fight."
-Uke (me)
(This message is to Izaya Orihara)

YT: Narutoshowfan101
Deviantart: DattebayoCosplayer
Tumblr: Aloisxxxciel
Worldcosplay: Uke
lenkagamine02 is offline   Reply With Quote