Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
sayaka magica
kuudere slytherin

So, is fm anime good or not?!

I keep seeing people say it's good. Others say it's terrible, that it took too long to process (over two months) so I'm really confused.
Is it good or not?

Other planned cosplays
Ritsu Tainaka—K-ON! (Listen version)
Mio Akiyama—K-ON! (Listen version)
sayaka magica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
usuyukisou

They're just an overpriced reseller. If they get you the correct stuff, it'll be fine, but if they make a mistake (i.e. send you the wrong item), they will not take responsibility.
Unread 04-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

With many of the costume shops like that (Fm Anime, Cosplaymagic, Cosplay house, etc) I do believe it is normally a 50/50 for all. You just need to figure out which one will give you the better deal. I bought a costume from them in 2010 for my first convention and the costume was pretty good. I liked it. But the problem was they ALMOST didn't get it to me on time and I had to give them another $20 to make sure it got to me on time. On the other hand, my fiance's costume was supposed to took longer to make and she got it ahead of me, but it wasn't that good to her, the "corset" part wasn't in the right spot and wig didn't look like the picture they had of it. So it really does depend on the character and if you're willing to trust them. Here is a picture of the costumes- http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ry-d45vfxo.jpg

Wish I had other pictures of the costumes but I don't have many of them.
-Holiday Matsuri 2016
Cosplay List:
-Joker (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Klaus (Story of Seasons)
-Madoka (Madoka Magica)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
emm_gee

i just received my custom wig from fm-anime. i'm really impressed with how soft and thick it is
can't say anything about their costumes though
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
Hawuchacha
Large Sexy Tin

Fm-Anime is hard to say with.

I've ordered from them twice. I commissioned a costume from them, and aside from it taking two months to get here and being a little baggy, it was absolutely AMAZING. Good detail, soft. However, there was printing on the tights and it ran. That was the only downfall. The second time I ordered from them, it was a wig. I commissioned that as well, asking them to turn one of their brown wigs blonde, and it came in within less than a month. Thick, soft, easy to maintain. Stunning!

I ordered from them two months ago figuring I'd have a smooth transaction again, but I didn't. I ordered a wig and asked them to make it a Wine Red. A week or two after the order my account was deleted. All I have is the receipt. I contacted Venus (the owner? maybe) who has been kind to me in the past. I told her I can't find my account, and I need this wig by May 20th. She said she'd hurry up and send it out. I asked her how she'd do that when she didn't even know what I got. She asked me to send her an invoice, so I did. She said she'd try to get it out, and again asked me when I needed it by.

I'm giving her until the end of May before I open a dispute. It just really sucks, I liked FM-Anime.
Hawuchacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Everytime I've ordered from them, 3 custom wig, 2 special commissions, 1 full costume, and 1 accessory, I've had great experiences. Costumes and accessories were all spot on. The wigs were super soft, thick and nice, and the communication and shipping were quick and reasonable.
Most recently I placed and order that was supposed to take 10-15 business days to tailor(make) and then 5-10 business days to ship I've already received my order and again in great condition and quality. And that was only placed 2 weeks ago so well under the expected timeframe.

~2016 Con Schedule~
Anime Boston, Boston MA
Another Anime Con, Manchester NH

~2016 Cosplans~
Rin Matsuoka - Free!
Soma Yukihira - Food Wars
Caesar Zeppeli - JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Rohan Kishibe - JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Tamaki Suoh - Ouran High School Host Club
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 03:13 AM   #7
foxy
Professional Catgirl :)

In terms of their costumes, my World of Warcraft blood elf mage cosplay is from FM, and I love it. Really well made, lots and lots of detail, and ultra quick postage.
That's the only time I've used them so far, but I certainly had no troubles with my order.
foxy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #8
Akurokuducky

Fm-Anime is terrible. I just bought a cosplay from them (Yamato from Kancolle) and it was made of poor material, put together via Velcro, and way too large, despite giving exact measurements. This was a $120 item.
Akurokuducky is offline   Reply With Quote