Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #121
Vector.
The Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykimaru View Post
Also,

I've been trying to get my hands on this vest: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactical-gear/tactical-vest/airsoft-tactical-molle-strike-hunting-mesh-lbe-vest-bk but it has been out of stock for a while. Does anyone know where I could get the same for roughly the same price? Everywhere else I've found it is around the £80 mark.

Thanks.
These ones arent exactly the same but they're very close looking. I was planning on buying one of them myself if they are any use to you

http://www.rap4uk.com/Paintball-Guns...UK-p/11636.htm
http://www.military1st.co.uk/04613a-...lar-black.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Ass.../dp/B005UXBR5O

If I find a better one I'll post it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwonkicker View Post
Quick question: What is the largest size for the s10 gas mask?
Size 1 is the biggest gas mask size. I have a Size 3 which is a medium. 2 is Large and 1 is XL

Complete:
H.U.N.K. (Resident Evil 4)

Vector (RE: ORC) 95%

http://zombiehunt3r.deviantart.com/
Vector. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #122
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Good find Vector.

Like I said will be using your mask guide, it looks awesome. Can't wait till it arrives on friday. I ordered a size 2 2006 model Avon FM-12. Should be Ok right?

still not sure what colour EL Wire looks better? I can't decide between Aqua and Blue now.

And I'll definitely be looking into one of those vest. I'll get some pictures up as I go.
raykimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #123
Vector.
The Wolfpack

No problem. Sounds good, ideally I wanted an FM12 but the price of them put me off (considering I was working on both Vector and HUNK I didnt want any extra expense but I might get one some day) Yours should turn out good

El wire I cant really say, it all depends how you go with the tinting route, whether you use just transparent blue or mirrored like mine, then how many layers of it you use etc all affect the visibility and intensity of the light. For me it was, and still is, just experimenting to see what variation works best. Aqua is apparently brighter than the blue wire which is why I got some of that, it works fine and as its going through a blue tint it will still appear as blue rather than actually look aqua. Apparently the thinner the wire, the brighter it is. I think I ordered 2.3mm superbright aqua wire from elwirepros and it seems to work alright. Going through my mirror tint you cant see it well at all so I was still wanting to look into the LED route to see if I can find something to work better. Through just transparent tint its pretty bright but my eyes can be seen. If you can get some wire for a reasonable price then I'd just get some of each and try for yourself to see what works best for you. I still need to work on this part myself

Alright. Im not sure which of those three would be the best one to get, cant decide which one to buy myself yet. I prefer the one you posted but I couldnt find another one anywhere

Complete:
H.U.N.K. (Resident Evil 4)

Vector (RE: ORC) 95%

http://zombiehunt3r.deviantart.com/
Vector. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #124
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Yeah, the one I posted is apparently going to be back in stock over the next couple of weeks and it looks spot on. I might pick one up at a later date. My biggest problem is still the jacket/trousers combination for a really accurate Vector. I can't really make the stuff so I'll probably have to commision it at some point (the colouring is also a problem for it) but for now I'll be going with the black hoodie/black combat trousers approach.
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #125
Kwonkicker

In your opinion which would work better in terms of lighting? The el wire or blue tinting?
Kwonkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #126
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

I'm not exactly an expert as my mask won't arrive until tomorrow, but I'm going for a mixture of El Wire (in aqua) and some blue window film.

I'll post some pictures to show how it goes when I get going with it.
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #127
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Trying to now source the pouches I need for the vest. I've look on eBay, Amazon and a couple of surplus sites but hving trouble findnig the correct pouches. Anyone know anywhere that is cheap as possible?

Thanks,

For referrence:

Unread 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #128
Kwonkicker

Ordered the FM12 mask off of ebay. Question: I keep seeing flat lenses show up on ebay, but all are for the s10. Since I'm using the fm12 do I actually need flat lenses for when I set up the lighting/tinting? And if so, anyone know where I can order me some?
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:26 AM   #129
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

When I bought mine I got it off eBay too. I asked the seller and in his response he said that if I needed rounded lenses I should buy the s10 or ac10. So as far as I know ot should come with flat lenses based on that.
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #130
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

Jeez! Looks like this Thread has been busy since Ive been away and im glad to see that! =) For Questions regarding FM-12's and Lighting (Elwire) Im your man! (since I was one of the first!)

1: Fm-12's DO NOT have flat lenses.....but, the curve is SO slight that you hardly notice it and WILL NOT affect your lighting install!

2: As for Lighting, I have "Blue" Elwire that is 2.2mm thick and is 3ft long. I would suggest getting "Blue" Elwire that is 2.3mm thick and 4-5ft so you have extra room for battery pack.
My mask has Blue Window Flim over the lenses on the inside with the "Blue" Elwire to make a "Deep Blue" combo seen here! =3 http://skullhunter5000.deviantart.com/gallery/34236743

If you guys have any more questions let me know! Hope this helped!!!
Skullhunter500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #131
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Good to see you back Skullhunter,

Bah, I've already gone and ordered aqua lenses... I'm sure it'll be OK though. the blue window film will darken them down a little. Been using your mask as a reference to my own work and it's been a great help mate!

Hopefully get some pics up of my own WIP soon.
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #132
Kwonkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullhunter500 View Post
Jeez! Looks like this Thread has been busy since Ive been away and im glad to see that! =) For Questions regarding FM-12's and Lighting (Elwire) Im your man! (since I was one of the first!)

1: Fm-12's DO NOT have flat lenses.....but, the curve is SO slight that you hardly notice it and WILL NOT affect your lighting install!

2: As for Lighting, I have "Blue" Elwire that is 2.2mm thick and is 3ft long. I would suggest getting "Blue" Elwire that is 2.3mm thick and 4-5ft so you have extra room for battery pack.
My mask has Blue Window Flim over the lenses on the inside with the "Blue" Elwire to make a "Deep Blue" combo seen here! =3 http://skullhunter5000.deviantart.com/gallery/34236743

If you guys have any more questions let me know! Hope this helped!!!
Cool. One other question; Being the mask has vents over is it difficult to see? Granted I will be using it at Comic Con which is indoors and well lit but just a genuine question.
Unread 08-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #133
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

@ Kwonkicker-Hahaha Yeah its a lil hard to see. But as long as your in a well-lit area its easy. My shutters are so close to my eyes that I kinda look past them, if thats understandable? im not sure how else to explain it. lol =) And your gonna want to watch out for stairs!!! haha

@ Raykimaru- Yeah the Window Film will def deepen the glow (but dont peel the Film, leave it double layered) Sweet cant wait to see them!!
Unread 08-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #134
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Skullhunter, my El Wire and window film have arrived today and I'm going to get to started with it as soon as I'm back from work this evening. Just wondered if I could get a little advise on how to secure the film if I'm not peeling the backing off? And also how many layers roughly you would recommend putting in?

Thanks
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #135
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

I just taped it to the inside of the mask on the lenses then coiled the Elwire and taped it on top of that! One layer should do, just cut out 2 circles and that should be it! Your welcome! =)