Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 03-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Mad Tea Party Info and Invites

Our Mad Tea Party is tentatively scheduled for the Saturday between Kyara Fes Day 1 and Day 2 and shall involve sleeping-overing. Keep this in mind when booking hotels for the event, you can save yourself some money. (coin lockers for luggage and large bags can be found at Takamatsu station in the far back, right near the drink machines and waiting area... they are almost always available ~ recommend making use of those rather than paying for a hotel room to leave your luggage or dragging ALL OF IT out to Hiketa).

Costumes required. No fuddy duddies :P Your costume doesn't need to be anything special, it just needs to be. Please change into party-wear at Angela's house so as not to freak out our neighbors. Please choose something tea-party appropriate (even if it's just a natty suit and a wacky hat).

We're looking for movie suggestions (or volunteer of media) with a Wonderland theme. This can be interpreted super-concretely (Disney's Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, etc.), loosely (Pan's Labyrinth, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, etc.) or crazy-loosely (Touhou Project videos featuring Alice Margatroid, music videos with an Alice theme, Kuroshitsuji's Alice OVAs). We probably won't ~watch~ these movies so much as play them in the background while we play cards or table games.

Currently Planned:
-Tea tasting and sweets ~ several varieties of tea from Lupicia to sample and lots of sweets homemade and store-bought
-Chirunoi ~ an incredibly cruel Touhou Project card game that's quick to learn, quick to play and a lot of fun.
-Photos ~ pre-pig out Mad Tea Party photos and photos as you like all night
-cards and chess will be on hand (for playing and for photo props)
Other suggestions?

Sadly, eating ain't free (we need some help in that regaurd). You have two choices:
-a baked treat to go with tea plus 500 yen (please let us know what you plan to bring ahead of time so we don't double-up)
-1000 yen.

Being the free-time-having on-spring-break ALTs we are, we are making physical invitations! Should you like one, please pm me your address and I shall make one for you especially in a painstaking and time-wasting fashion!

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 03-30-2011 at 03:52 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
shortsheik

In addition to the above, we've purchased a nice checked background and a 3-bulb standing lamp for additional lighting.
shortsheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
CelestialShadow

well of course I am coming =P
I can bring some goodies too and donate to the cause. and a physical invitation too would be nice if possible. Do you need my address again?

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote