Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
VIsForValarie

Talking Help with making and attaching a devil tail?

Reference pictures are in attachments! Check those out first!

Okay, well I want to make her tail but I'm having trouble deciding what to make it out of. I don't think I want to do just fabric and stuffing because then it will be 'lifeless' and 'flat'. I was thinking about lining the fabric with interfacing so that when I bend it, it will stay in place. Though I'm not sure how well that will work. Any suggestions?

Also I don't know how to attach the tail. As you can see from the pictures, her tail is under her skirt and then comes out from the bottom. I don't think that wearing the tail like that would be the...'safest' way considering that the skirt could be pulled up by it... But anyway, how should I attach it? I am stumped on that. Maybe an elastic band around my waist? But that could be troublesome and itchy. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks a lot! <3
Attached Images
File Type: gif Astallote.gif (63.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg detail_rotte.jpg (169.0 KB, 0 views)
VIsForValarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Modern_Primitiv
<3 Albi Fish

Fabric with wire running throu it is your best bet. Anything else would be too heavy and would just fall limp. You can use a bigger gauge wire to help keep it "up", but it will take some effort on your part to be able to bend it. An elastic band round the waist would be easiest. It shouldnt be uncomfortable as long as you dont make it too tight. And it wont lift your skirt as long as you bend the tail in the correct place. Hope that helped.
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Yunaresuka
My Sushi Harakiri

You could always wear an extra pair of "underwear" under your skirt and attach the tail to that. In cheerleading we wore "lollipops" or "spankypants" over our underwear since our skirts were always flying around, and they were basically just large full-coverage bathingsuit bottoms. That way you a) won't have to worry about your underwear showing and b) your tail wouldn't be itchy and obnoxious.
Yunaresuka is offline   Reply With Quote