Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #61
Purty
The Forgotten Assassin

YAY i'm not alone!! i'm cosplaying an OC (granted in a already created universe) at a convention next year and i'm loving the process of creating this character- it probably also helps that i love writing and this is just an extension of it... I'm thinking of having little cards on me that i can hand to people if they want to know more about my character what'cha think?

Unread 11-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #62
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

1. OC cosplay like anything, if it's done right it's great, if not then not. But hey, wearing a costume and having fun is cosplay.

2. Yeah some people might not like that you're not dressed as a famous character from an anime, but I happen to love different archetypes. I've been A pirate, A fire demon, A tree nymph, A flower fairy, and many, many variations of A gypsy. I also love historically inspired cosplay.

3. OC is a different type of challenge. You have no reference pictures to follow, but you're also not bound to try to make it look exactly like canon.

4. Lots of fun and endless possibilities. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3084101/

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #63
Zhor'Fughakee
Infantry Skirmisher

Yes I do ! I created a Russian character, with the russian name and all his story, I will dress as him, I just need to buy a better outfit because I currently have the wrong jacket lol

here's a picture of me as my OC :

Unread 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #64
DarkReshiram
A.k.a bluecrescentcosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAnimeChick View Post
I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are on people who cosplay as original Characters. Yay or nay? Have you ever cosplayed as an OC, or know someone who has. Have you seen any at conventions? any fun OC memories? or is there and OC you want to cosplay?
Ah, I'm going to cosplay my OC next year, Keta (pronounced Co Ta). It'll be a fursuit, instead of my usual quadsuits.
Tzuki fullsuit 1%
Toshiko fullsuit 1%
will be selling premade fursuit heads!,
Out thoughts are out wings and our dreams are our flight. We are all one, and nothing can divide us.
DarkReshiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #65
Amanita

Empire State Building got shelved this year due to budget reasons, but a neighbor of his got cosplayed. That costume got a great reception at Hal-Con, taking an honorable mention in the Master's category of the costume contest. Here's my One Penn Plaza costume as it appeared during the con:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3121754...in/photostream

I also wore the costume for Halloween in NYC, only without the headdress. I did a more human-looking personification, using a braided wig. If anyone asked, the braids were elevator cables

As for Empire State, that one might get resurrected this year- I've already got a couple of pieces made.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #66
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I was thinking of cosplaying my OC Cato because I read over the short story I had written that he was from and I remembered I made him a bad*ss. I just wish I hadn't given him such an odd looking Suit Now, but that aside, this probably will happen eventually.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #67
LT. Sarcastic

I've seen some really interesting ones and I think it would be a -fantastic- way to market your online comic/story/whatever it's from. I will be doing it as soon as I've gotten my butt into gear to post the stupid thing, but that's beside the point.
LT. Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #68
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I'll be cosplaying an original, already have all the fabric. I just need the other things - contacts, latex, bodypaint, wig, shoes, and feathers to make the foot wings (think Hermes, the Greek god)
I'm excited about her scarred eye but I'm not debuting her until late 2012/2013.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
Norakun91

I've met a few cosplayers who have done that. It was awesome. Random pirate number 27 lol! For myself its currently no but I did promise my gf we would do her characters in the future. But hers are from her original story.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #70
Synn

Thought about it. Friends have talked about a Tokyo Mew Mew fancharacter group, wherein everyone would dress as their own Mew. I thought it was a silly idea at first, but now... starting to reconsider. Maybe once I get in shape...

Under a bridge half a mile from the con center. I was very drunk. Also Hobos are awesome.
Synn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #71
Knightress
Have you seen me?

I cosplayed my OC Daisy for Halloween because he's famous among my friends and it was a lot of fun. But at a convention, probably no, because I really enjoy photos boots with people of the same fandom as me, and I like cosplaying recognizable charries. I might consider doing a webcomic cosplay though.

Cosplay plans 2012
Maka Albarn- JAFAX 17
Toph Beifong- Earth Kingdom JAFAX 17
Toph Beifong- Formal gown
Loki Laufeyson -Youmacon 2012
Shinta Fukuda
Knightress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #72
Gunslinger1888

I like to buy armor, weapons, shields, and whatever strikes me as cool (I bought a coat from the movie "The Postman" at one convention) I incorporate these items into OC cosplay and have a lot of fun being someone else at a convention. My Knight Hospitaller cosplay is my favorite so far and it was really popular at Dragoncon last year.
Gunslinger1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #73
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

I've cosplayed an OC before. Granted, it was a friend's OC, but I did completely because I wanted to and without her prompting. He was just too awesome a character not to do. The character himself is pretty popular among our circle of fanfictioners too, so people were all disappointed that I beat them to a cosplay of him first. XD Whatever the case, I had lots of fun cosplaying him, even though nobody knew who the hell I was. The only bad part about it was the mask. Note this kiddies: never make a toucan mask, complete with large beak, out of plaster. Your nose will thank you for it.
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #74
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm currently planning on making an OC of mine from a short story I wrote for my creative writing class. She is such an interesting character plus I get to make a huge death scythe sort of thing for her. And the awesome thing is that I have everything to make her scythe in my house and her outfit isn't complicated at all despite how symbolic it is. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #75
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friend PhantomHoodie and I are going to cosplay as characters from a Novel I'm writing. I'm going to be Cain, the crazy ringmaster of an Evil Circus, and she's probably either going to be Demetri, Cain's evil twin brother who takes over his brain at times, or Voltaire, Demetri's Sexy Sadistic, violin-playing assistant XD
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote