Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
SailorMoonUsagi
Why can't I be you?

Characters you hate that everyone else loves

Okay, so most of us have that character that we absolutely hate and everyone else seems to love. For me, it's Tifa from FF7.I just started playing FF7, (I have an issue where I get into popular things ten years after they were popular, but I already know what happens and I saw Advent Children so yeah.) and I really cannot stand her. EDIT: okay, I realize that my argument of why I hate Tifa was really stupid... In any case, I don't hate her because she had huge boobs. I hate her because she seems to me like the kind of character that's only purpose is to be admired and loved by the fanbase, and not really be of any other importance, like Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya and that chick from Chobits who dated Hideki whose I name I can't remember at the moment. I think that if you take away Tifas looks, people wouldn't like her anymore.
What makes me hate her even more is that shes so clingy of Cloud, but when it comes to telling him how she feels NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I don't understand how people like her. Well I understand how a lot of guys like her. But girls like her too! I don't understand!

So yeah. Tell us about that character you hate that everyone else loves! It doesn't neccesarily have to be a video game/ manga/ anime character.
By the way, thanks for responding to this thread! It makes me feel creative in a way, even if a lot of the response is just to me being stupid.

Last edited by SailorMoonUsagi : 04-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.
SailorMoonUsagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoonUsagi View Post
Okay, so most of us have that character that we absolutely hate and everyone else seems to love. For me, it's Tifa from FF7.I just started playing FF7, (I have an issue where I get into popular things ten years after they were popular, but I already know what happens and I saw Advent Children so yeah.) and I really cannot stand her. First of all ,her boobs are the size of her freaking head. I'm kind of a feminist so right off the bat I hated her.
What makes me hate her even more is that shes so clingy of Cloud, but when it comes to telling him how she feels NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I don't understand how people like her. Well I understand how a lot of guys like her. But girls like her too! I don't understand!

So yeah. Tell us about that character you hate that everyone else loves! It doesn't neccesarily have to be a video game/ manga/ anime character.
That's all feminism needs, hating on chicks for having a big rack.
Anyways i neither liked nor disliked that character.

I don't tend to have massively strong feelings towards most characters.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
pltshp
i did what i have to do

I have big boobs and now you hate me too. Sad face.

I don't hate any characters, although I'm not particularly fond of Misty. I just dislike her at times. I don't have full-blown rants about why, she just sometimes irks me. /shrug
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Okay, so most of us have that character that we absolutely hate and everyone else seems to love. For me, it's Tifa from FF7.I just started playing FF7, (I have an issue where I get into popular things ten years after they were popular, but I already know what happens and I saw Advent Children so yeah.) and I really cannot stand her. First of all ,her boobs are the size of her freaking head. I'm kind of a feminist so right off the bat I hated her.

I don't really have a character i hate; more like a character that i dislike. I dislike just the typical "tsundere-type A," characters but i already put that in another thread. Also i find it really really hard to "Hate" anime, manga , or game characters.

Off topic V V

Umm what does breast size have anything to do with being a feminist? There are feminist out there that have larger breast size than that game character. Also; just putting it out there, but it is possible to have a large cup size and still have a pretty fit body Myself and younger family members that are proof of that.

Back on topic V V

Why people like tifa; i have no clue, i haven't played ff7 so i can't really criticize the character, however i'm sure a lot of people like her because they can perhaps relate to her or they just like her model design as a character or perhaps the many moves she can do. Who knows everyone has their own opinions, yes? Wither you like her or not is up to you.

-->( v O x O)O"

Last edited by toshirua3846384 : 04-06-2011 at 09:11 PM.
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
I have big boobs and now you hate me too. Sad face.

I don't hate any characters, although I'm not particularly fond of Misty. I just dislike her at times. I don't have full-blown rants about why, she just sometimes irks me. /shrug
I find weak female characters annoying, like Rukia and Orihime from Bleach... but not everyone loves them, which pleases me.

... is Misty weak ass?

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Quote:

I never hated her, nor have I loved her, so yeah xD

But the character I hate the most is Sakura Haruno from Naruto. BUT EVERYONE LOVES HER!. Sakura's such a b☆☆☆h! I mean, she always talking down to everyone, when she can bearly defend herself in a fight. She's also not a good friend, I mean come on, who stops being friends with someone just cus thet like the same guy? Not to mention she thinks Sasuke is a god, and she feels the need to treat Naruto like dirt cus everyone else does. Well she and Naruto do become friends, but yeah v.v

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Like everyone, I don't really have a huge opinion on a character unless I'm OBSESSED with the series. (*cough*Kuroshitsuji*cough*) The only characters I really dislike (don't hate them with all my being, mind you) are Claude (Kuroshitsuji II) and Prussia (Hetalia).
Claude is pretty hated throughout the whole fanbase, with a few exceptions. [If you want proof, there's a fanfiction titled 'Ways to Kill Claude Faustus'...or something along those lines.] So that doesn't really count.
Prussia is loved and hated, depending on who you ask, though loved seems to be the majority. I just don't get it. I like the characters that pop up randomly, but...Meh. That's all I ever felt about Prussia; 'Meh' and 'shut up'. =/
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My ample bosom is a source of much scorn.

Everyone from 'Twilight'.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Like everyone, I don't really have a huge opinion on a character unless I'm OBSESSED with the series. (*cough*Kuroshitsuji*cough*) The only characters I really dislike (don't hate them with all my being, mind you) are Claude (Kuroshitsuji II) and Prussia (Hetalia).
Claude is pretty hated throughout the whole fanbase, with a few exceptions. [If you want proof, there's a fanfiction titled 'Ways to Kill Claude Faustus'...or something along those lines.] So that doesn't really count.
Prussia is loved and hated, depending on who you ask, though loved seems to be the majority. I just don't get it. I like the characters that pop up randomly, but...Meh. That's all I ever felt about Prussia; 'Meh' and 'shut up'. =/
o.m.g.
my friends are OBESSED with hating Claude, and personally I don't think hes the worst anime character out there.

& my god. How love Prussia. They think he's god or something. I don't hate him, but really, he's not as awesome as he claims to be =/

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCandy View Post
I never hated her, nor have I loved her, so yeah xD

But the character I hate the most is Sakura Haruno from Naruto. BUT EVERYONE LOVES HER!. Sakura's such a b☆☆☆h! I mean, she always talking down to everyone, when she can bearly defend herself in a fight. She's also not a good friend, I mean come on, who stops being friends with someone just cus thet like the same guy? Not to mention she thinks Sasuke is a god, and she feels the need to treat Naruto like dirt cus everyone else does. Well she and Naruto do become friends, but yeah v.v
I hate your font.

On Sakura, I felt she was a poorly designed character at first, however when they did that whole time skip thing, she suddenly became pretty powerful and was able to kick some serious ass, and heal people. This pleased me. She also stopped her obsessive love of Sasuke (shes more confused over his motives then anything) and seems to have some feelings towards Naruto, however conflicted they might be.

I like it when characters grow.

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #11
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I hate your font.

On Sakura, I felt she was a poorly designed character at first, however when they did that whole time skip thing, she suddenly became pretty powerful and was able to kick some serious ass, and heal people. This pleased me. She also stopped her obsessive love of Sasuke (shes more confused over his motives then anything) and seems to have some feelings towards Naruto, however conflicted they might be.

to me its more like she quit being a tsudere and got a reality check, if there is growth its only shown by her inhuman strength.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #12
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I hate your font.

Good, I WANT you to hate it ♡

Lady Tsunade made Sakura change. . .Lady Tsunade's Ninja Boot Camp C:
Yes, Sakura does get better in Shippuden. But the time Shippuden came to the US, I lost motivation to continue Naruto. Eventho I do watch an episode or two every few weeks.

A character I hate equally to Sakura is probably Amy Rose from the Sonic franchise. She reminds too much of Pre-Shippuden Sakura =/

Speaking of character change, Reese from Zoids: Guardian Force. Started as a really strong character, but after Hiltz tried to kill her she changed drastically. She wasn't a villain anymore, and that made her into a Fiona reject. I bearly remember her during that mostly cus she kept so quiet. She became meek and followed Raven everywhere.

I was pretty disappointed since I liked Reese the Blue Devil, she was a tough chick at first. I didn't see many strong female characters in the Classic Zoids, other than Moonbay and Viola.

But Raven also became more of a wimp when he decided to be a good guy =/

Unread 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I remember this from Boyfriends dad, after watching a week of Naruto:

"They've been on this damn bridge the whole week fighting. I am waiting for them to get off the bridge"

And that sums up Naruto for me pretty well.

@ OP-Is that icon from Courage :O!?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 04-06-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
TheUnderDog

Maka, from Soul Eater. She's obnoxious, stuck up, cliched, and just plain annoying to listen to. She doesn't do anything I found at all likeable and has no qualities I admire or find even amusing, so...
TheUnderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
Kildread
I can fix it!

I like big boobs.

Does that help?

(This is totally an hatefest)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote