Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
GlobalistPotato

Am I the only one who randomly wants to Crossplay/crossdress?

Yeah. Sometimes that happens to me. I feel like getting all dressed up and "girly and pretty".

I know crossplaying and crossdressing aren't the same things... but..

The thing is, most of the crossdressing things I'm interested in aren't really cosplay... which makes me wonder where I should put this thread.

But are there times when you want to crossplay or crossdress as something?
GlobalistPotato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

Haha I wanna crossdress sometimes! But friends at school would look at me very oddly. But sometimes I crossdress when I go out keke. d;

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
GlobalistPotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by u.keita View Post
Haha I wanna crossdress sometimes! But friends at school would look at me very oddly. But sometimes I crossdress when I go out keke. d;
Hehe. I don't want to crossdress in public. Mostly around my house, or with a friend, or an event that is open to people crossdressing.

What I want right now is wear retro style poofy skirts, with petticoats and all. And at that, I want to wear multiple petticoats with different colors.
it's soooo pretty!
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
SnowRider
Snow Rider

I wish I could crossplay often. But one i'm broke and 2 it's kinda frowned upon by the majority of the population. not to mention my friends and family would probably disown me. but it's still fun to do in secret
SnowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Ritsu H Saotome
Fail Shadow Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRider View Post
I wish I could crossplay often. But one i'm broke and 2 it's kinda frowned upon by the majority of the population. not to mention my friends and family would probably disown me. but it's still fun to do in secret
QFT
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Emiko87

I don't have an urge to crossdress outside of a con, largely because guy's clothes just aren't as much fun as girl's clothes (also I don't look so good in them lol.) Though I would kind of like to get one of those women's tuxedos, because I think they look awesome...that probably doesn't count though, since it would be made for a woman (but I do NOT have the body to wear men's suits lol.) I do find it really fun to crossplay though, there are times I wish there was a con going on just so I could wear my crossplay. I don't know why, but I feel kind of daring when I crossplay, like I'm a different person or something.
Ngl though, if I had a boyfriend I would probably try to get him to crossdress once in a while, just for the cute.

Last edited by Emiko87 : 04-08-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Emiko87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
GlobalistPotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiko87 View Post
I don't have an urge to crossdress outside of a con, largely because guy's clothes just aren't as much fun as girl's clothes (also I don't look so good in them lol.) Though I would kind of like to get one of those women's tuxedos, because I think they look awesome...that probably doesn't count though, since it would be made for a woman (but I do NOT have the body to wear men's suits lol.) I do find it really fun to crossplay though, there are times I wish there was a con going on just so I could wear my crossplay. I don't know why, but I feel kind of daring when I crossplay, like I'm a different person or something.
Ngl though, if I had a boyfriend I would probably try to get him to crossdress once in a while, just for the cute.
Hahaha well considering that women's options for crossdressing aren't as wide as MtF crossdressing, I can see why there's a difference between crossplay and crossdressing.

Although I do like randomly crossdressing so I can look all pretty and girly, it's really more of costume than of my actual normal clothing. So I guess I'm playing dress-up!
Yay my kid side of me wants to wear pretty dresses!
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Gabbyv23
That one chick

Aaah... I have this shirt from American eagle in a guy's size and it's SO. COMFTORABLE.
and some of my clothes are really suffocating or kind of tight... but guys don't have to worry about that.

and then I have this idea that... when I go shopping for men's clothes I should do it in crossplay, because I feel awkward if there's a guy next to me searching for clothes X.X
Not that I'm trans or anything, I just like their clothes...
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
lyraparry11

Ehh, cross dressing once in awhile would be kinda fun, I gotta say. I'm not trans, though
Anime Boston attendee since 2009
lyraparry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Most of my clothing is either gender neutral or just straight up for guys. I find baggy clothing more comfortable, though I'm not saying that I don't have a few prom dresses here and there. x3

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
ImNewHere
The new guy.

For me it's more about having fun, which means it's pretty much a con thing. Normally I'm in jeans and a t-shirt myself. I will have to admit the most comfy shirt I think I've ever worn was one a girl I know had me in during Halloween. It was a girl shirt, and really the skirt was fairly comfy too.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
GlobalistPotato

I've heard some guys say that skirts can be really comfy.

Especially the flowy ones.

Makes me think that I should just get some. XD
Unread 04-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #13
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic

Every once in a while, I get the urge to wear my Alice or Sakura dresses to work, just because wearing them makes me feel happy and silly and it would make the day go faster. Sadly, it's not a good idea.

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 03:50 AM   #14
Death_Link

Naa you aint the only one, I thought it was a great idea to crossplay once even though I was an ugly girl that day lol
Death_Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
Nathus Dorkus
Fullmetal Dork

It's definitely not very unusual, there are a lot of closet crossdressers and the like out there.

I used to don the odd bit of female clothing every now and then when I was in college and such, but I grew out of it for the most part. I'm a pretty dull, conservative dresser these days.

I do own a few female outfits however, and they're fun to throw on on the odd occassion, I especially find them fun to bake in. (How misogynistic does that sound? O_o)
Nathus Dorkus is offline   Reply With Quote