Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM²

Unread 04-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
ElCapitan
Dictator

Behind the Voice Actors Studio (presented by Arlene Thorton VA Agency)

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 8, 2011) – Move over James Lipton! Popular anime convention personality, Guyver, sits down with major Hollywood Voice Acting Heavy weights, JB Blanc (The Incredible Hulk, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, Avengers, Resident Evil, Naruto, Bleach, Blue Dragon, Hellsing Ultimate, Read or Die, Dangaizer 3), Dave Vincent (Bleach, Naruto, Blue Dragon, Durarara!!), Neil Kaplan (Transformers, Digimon) and Steve Staley (Starship Troopers, Godzilla, Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Magic Knight Rayearth, Antz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), for the one-on-one interview series, “Behind the Voice Actor’s Studio” at this summer’s most anticipated FREE anime, music and manga convention AM². More info and attendee registration can be found at www.am2con.org

Fans and those interested in getting into the voice acting industry are welcome to attend for FREE and learn about what happens behind the scenes and the experiences of some of the most successful voice actors in Hollywood.

AM² representative Chase Wang states, “Having such amazing Hollywood and anime voice talents come to AM² is truly a treat and an amazing opportunity for those that are interested in learning more about the industry as well as those that are fans of some of the most memorable animated voices! Join us and have the time of your life this Summer!”

Gashicon, IBI and MINT have been announced as official AM2 Guests of Honors for 2011 with more to come.

AM² current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV’s, Arcade, Summer Festival, World Cosplay Summit, Rum Party Pirates, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, AniMaid Café, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!

Partnerships include Ani.ME.

Prize sponsors include Atlas Games, Cosplay Wigs USA, FUNimation and Gaia Online.

Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/am2con

Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/am2con

Also, 25% of all official Passport sales will be donated directly to Japanese Disaster Relief efforts.

About AM²
Located in Anaheim, California – AM², established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM² will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2con.org

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AM² 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #2
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

thats actually very awesome lol, this would be something I would go attend over James Lipton!!

maybe they can get a few more guests!!
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
thats actually very awesome lol, this would be something I would go attend over James Lipton!!

maybe they can get a few more guests!!
I believe there's another guest announcement coming Monday.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Hahah if names like Johnny Yong Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal were there I could imagine a huge amount of people would be going to AM2....*hint hint*

in others words try to get em lol
Unread 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
vbabe2

haha. I admit I'm not normally a VA fanatic but even my eyebrows popped up at some of those names. Wow! ROck on!
vbabe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #6
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
I believe there's another guest announcement coming Monday.
its now tuesday, nothing yet lol.

Hoping some more names get announced, but I would sit down for this event and watch, found some youtube vids on it...
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
ElCapitan
Dictator

Yeah, sorry about that. I must have been mistaken.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

just teasing you on it, I do hope more names are announced for AM2 especially some high profile VA's in gaming and anime but that's just me.