Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Characters you love that everyone else hates

As a counter to this thread, lets bring in some character love, shall we? Lets see if love and happiness can overpower the hate thread! But I highly doubt it OTL

So for me~

Everyone seems to hate Dawn in Pokemon. She's actually not too bad, especially if you watch the Japanese version. She's like, the female version of Ash from the first season. Its pretty interesting to watch, especially if you notice how mature Ash is in comparison to her. Her existence just shows everyone how much Ash has grown over the course of the series <3

Also, everyone hates on Bella from Twilight. While I can see why (especially with the fad to hate all things Twilight), I actually didn't hate her too much. I did in the movies, but thats because they killed her character. She was a dorky, clumsy, half goth girl. The movie turned her into... some weird, awkward... thing. I hated it. But in the books, she was actually a bit entertaining at times. I thought she was fun. (But I do admit the books suck, she is a Mary Sue, and Edward is a sparkly fishie. But I don't hate Bella like everyone else does)

I also like Amy Rose from Sonic. She's such a stalker, its hilarious. And I also love her due to playing her so much in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle... and winning the races, regardless of her being the slowest playable character :3 <3

I also see people hating on... a LOT of Hetalia characters. I like them all (except Liechtenstein). :I They're fun <3

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I like Liechtenstein.

It's a small country. That makes it cool.

I'm hosting a Hetalia photoshoot, and I don't know anything about it. =D

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I like Liechtenstein.

It's a small country. That makes it cool.

I'm hosting a Hetalia photoshoot, and I don't know anything about it. =D
I like the country itself. Her character just bothers me XD;; Cute country, though. I've seen pictures :3

...go photoshoots XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
As a counter to this thread, lets bring in some character love, shall we? Lets see if love and happiness can overpower the hate thread! But I highly doubt it OTL

So for me~

Everyone seems to hate Dawn in Pokemon. She's actually not too bad, especially if you watch the Japanese version. She's like, the female version of Ash from the first season. Its pretty interesting to watch, especially if you notice how mature Ash is in comparison to her. Her existence just shows everyone how much Ash has grown over the course of the series <3

Also, everyone hates on Bella from Twilight. While I can see why (especially with the fad to hate all things Twilight), I actually didn't hate her too much. I did in the movies, but thats because they killed her character. She was a dorky, clumsy, half goth girl. The movie turned her into... some weird, awkward... thing. I hated it. But in the books, she was actually a bit entertaining at times. I thought she was fun. (But I do admit the books suck, she is a Mary Sue, and Edward is a sparkly fishie. But I don't hate Bella like everyone else does)

I also like Amy Rose from Sonic. She's such a stalker, its hilarious. And I also love her due to playing her so much in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle... and winning the races, regardless of her being the slowest playable character :3 <3

I also see people hating on... a LOT of Hetalia characters. I like them all (except Liechtenstein). :I They're fun <3
Dawn and Amy Rose kick ass! I think Dawn is awesome. She's way cooler than any of the last female main characters in Pokemon. My girlfriend says I have a thing for the bad characters because I always go for villains/neutral characters. I don't like them because they're villains or anything I just think their personalities are more realistic than heroes. Oh one of the characters that I think is pretty cool that's extremely hated is Uchiha Sasuke even though I think every character's fan base is kinda mixed, but I think he would count.

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Bring back Naruto Trek and Yasumicon!
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
lightning-rose
J.Farron

so everyone was bashing lightning and the cast of final fantasy xiii. I personally love the game and characters and the storyline so everyone who bashes them can go suck a big one. Damn that's mean but they shouldn't bash on that game i love the game. i will throw down someone if i get into a debate with someone about ffXiii i will break out my sabre from color guard and slice and dice. then i will get my whole color guard team with flags and rifles and beat them up. I get the only sabre because i'm a beast. Breaking out a can of whoop butt. But the point is i love final fantasy thirteen and everything about it. square enix made a good game.
Control your emotions. If you want to survive you forget about sympathy. Think of it like a strategy- focus on your ultimate goal, shut out everything else, steel your mind, move on instinct. Let doubt take over and despair will cripple you.
That time was lost. Yet time continued onwards. Sleep in peace, divine Etro. I will stand guard over your legacy. In this realm, beyond time, my life begins anew.
lightning-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
lightning-rose
J.Farron

my favorite character is Lightning Farron (Claire) from final fantasy xiii
Control your emotions. If you want to survive you forget about sympathy. Think of it like a strategy- focus on your ultimate goal, shut out everything else, steel your mind, move on instinct. Let doubt take over and despair will cripple you.
That time was lost. Yet time continued onwards. Sleep in peace, divine Etro. I will stand guard over your legacy. In this realm, beyond time, my life begins anew.
lightning-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Alucard and Anderson from Hellsing. I've heard some saddening things in the past. :c

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning-rose View Post
so everyone was bashing lightning and the cast of final fantasy xiii. I personally love the game and characters and the storyline so everyone who bashes them can go suck a big one. Damn that's mean but they shouldn't bash on that game i love the game. i will throw down someone if i get into a debate with someone about ffXiii i will break out my sabre from color guard and slice and dice. then i will get my whole color guard team with flags and rifles and beat them up. I get the only sabre because i'm a beast. Breaking out a can of whoop butt. But the point is i love final fantasy thirteen and everything about it. square enix made a good game.
Woah O___O
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Shadow the Hedgehog.

Well, people in Sonic fandom seem to hate him but then again they hate anything in 3D which has Sonic with green eyes, so whatever. But the general consensus about Shadow is that he's just another Sonic but with extra emo and a ~tragic storyline~. Well, he's my emo. I was glad to see someone in the series with more to him than "I run really fast and I'm always happy WHERE ARE MY CHILI DOGS TAILS?!".

And I know of a fair few people who hate Gary Oak but for stupid reasons, like AshxMisty shippers not accepting AshxGary or whatever. So I don't even pay attention to them. Come back to me when you have solid reasoning, okay.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Ritsu H Saotome
Fail Shadow Photographer

Claude Faustus and Kyubey :3
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
TR Rose
Meowing About

I'm trying to think of any character I love who is hated...

The closest I can get is a character who's ignored more than anything else. Kris, the playable female trainer from Pokemon Crystal, the girl with the cute blue ponytails. Poor girl has only appeared in a single game and didn't even make it into the remakes - and I remember being so excited when she appeared for the first time because you could FINALLY play as a girl! I think she's the only playable Pokemon trainer who straight-up looks like an anime character, with her awesome blue hair and all. Everyone else has much more natural colors, which is why I'm guessing they replaced her.

It seems that the people who like her *really* do, and don't seem to care for the new girl character they replaced her with in the remakes.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning-rose View Post
You can't take someone's dislike of something you like personally, not a game at least, it's just silly. Shouldn't be on this thread either. Even criticism on things I made don't irk me, for something you don't make, you shouldn't care about anyone else's opinion if you enjoyed it.. nor should you ever get defensive or judge anyone by what movies, games, books ect.. they like and dislike. If everyone were the same, thing sure would be boring, cosplay would be as varied as black and white checkered tiling. Someone who hates Lighting could love Snow, or vice versa, works well in photos, though. Others could love Dissidia, but hate some of the final fantasys, does it make a difference?
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
doxiequeen1

Hmm, I guess Lelouch, I just really like him, but I've only ever seen him get hated on

Also, Shirley, maybe it's just my friends but they don't seem to like her. I think she's nice....

I also really like Light (death note) who everyone thinks is an ass xD
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
Yukikittie

Shirley from Code Geass.
Alois from Kuroshit II.
Takano from Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Light from Death Note.
So much hate. ;~; I also hate it how I like all the bad guys. It's not like I'm rooting for them or something, I just admire how evil and cunning they are.
But I mean come on now, Shirley didn't do anything wrong. She was only in the way of your damn Lelouch/Rolo pairing, admit it. >_>

EDIT;
WAIT, can we do VOCALOID too?!
If that's the case, Miku, and Lily.
First of all, Miku can not be a bitch because canon-ly she is a voice and nothing more. There is no set personality to her. Same with Lily.
Although I honestly just think it's the 'New VOCALOID syndrome', where a ton of people are like, "OMG THIS VOCALOID SOUNDS/LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BLABLABLA, Y U NO MORE CREATIVE?!"
FFFFF-

Last edited by Yukikittie : 04-13-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Unread 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I liked Lelouche (loved him)... and i guess people don't really dig him.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
daylight
Sugar Junkie

Sakura Haruno from Naruto-
Although allot less people hate her now, I still liked her back when everyone else hated her(if that counts?) and I see why people hated her at first, and I really didn't like her ether but after she cuts her hair and that whole time they are in the "forest of death" she shows amazing character development and from chapter 53 on I absolutely love her.
Allot more people like her after the time skip, but she still scores way below the rest of the main characters in the annual popularity polls.

Xion from Kingdom Hearts-
I mean, I know that whole game is a mess but I seriously didn't think Xion was any of the things people call her. She is essentially Sora's memory of Kairi, so she behaves allot like how I imagine Kairi would (and I like Kairi). I thought she worked hard, loved her friends, and made a sacrifice for the greater good.

Suou Pavlichenko form Darker than BLACK-
allot of people didn't like Suou, or the whole second season of Darker Than BLACK, and yeah, it wasn't that great but I never saw any problem with Suou, aside from any normal quality a young teenager might have.