Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. Maybe not "love", but I liked him.

Nanami and Saionji from Utena. I really love Nanami, she is one of my favorite anime characters. And do most people not like Anthy? Because she's up there at the top. Brilliant character.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the first that come to mind. I don't normally keep track of what's un/popular in all this stuff.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukikittie View Post
Shirley from Code Geass.
Alois from Kuroshit II.
Takano from Higurashi no naku koro ni.
Light from Death Note.
So much hate. ;~; I also hate it how I like all the bad guys. It's not like I'm rooting for them or something, I just admire how evil and cunning they are.
But I mean come on now, Shirley didn't do anything wrong. She was only in the way of your damn Lelouch/Rolo pairing, admit it. >_>

EDIT;
WAIT, can we do VOCALOID too?!
If that's the case, Miku, and Lily.
First of all, Miku can not be a bitch because canon-ly she is a voice and nothing more. There is no set personality to her. Same with Lily.
Although I honestly just think it's the 'New VOCALOID syndrome', where a ton of people are like, "OMG THIS VOCALOID SOUNDS/LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BLABLABLA, Y U NO MORE CREATIVE?!"
FFFFF-
Takano~!!! I hated her in Higurashi, actually, until I played through Umineko. Now... I love Takano to death, oh my god <333333

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
I'm trying to think of any character I love who is hated...

The closest I can get is a character who's ignored more than anything else. Kris, the playable female trainer from Pokemon Crystal, the girl with the cute blue ponytails. Poor girl has only appeared in a single game and didn't even make it into the remakes - and I remember being so excited when she appeared for the first time because you could FINALLY play as a girl! I think she's the only playable Pokemon trainer who straight-up looks like an anime character, with her awesome blue hair and all. Everyone else has much more natural colors, which is why I'm guessing they replaced her.

It seems that the people who like her *really* do, and don't seem to care for the new girl character they replaced her with in the remakes.
Kris ;A; I love both her and the new girl. But Kris will be my love forever <3

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Naruto...sorry,but I'll always be a Narutard
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Derek Reese from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I loved his arc up until they whedoned him.
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #20
Chaletica
[laughs]

Well, I don't know about "hated", probably more like "underrated", but I think Waluigi(from the Mario games) is awesome. However, it seems many people seem to see him as an "unneccesary, pointless side character" or something. Well... I also hate how he's only playable in spinoffs(which, aside from Mario Kart, I don't play), there's just so much wasted potential with the character... not as much as a cameo in a non-spinoff! But otherwise than that... Waluigi is cool.

I can only hope for a Waluigi game... or at least a semi-important minor role for him in a non-spinoff Mario/Wario game.

Last edited by Chaletica : 04-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Yuno from Magical Lyrical Nanoha.

Apparently enough people disliked him that he was written out of StrikerS almost entirely in spite of being the main love interest. NanoFate shippers practically want the poor thing dead.

But goddamnit, how do you hate a practical little man who gives up his uber-weapon to an elementary schooler because he recognizes he kind of sucks at using it, defies gender roles by becoming the token "staff girl" AND the "library wench" and periodically turns into a ferret?!

Is Yuno not adorable, balanced, helpful and kind?

I can only chock people hating him up to reverse yaoi syndrome: the desire to destroy every remotely threatening opposite sex character in a predominately single-sex desireable-character buffet.

But wait -- Nanoha is like... EIGHT O-o;;; ARGH! Why is anyone threatened by ferrets over 8 year olds?! I don't get it.

Yuno Love!!!!!
YUUUUNO!!!! *clutches stuffed toy*

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #22
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I LOVED Yuno... he was awesome... i can't believe people hated him!!!!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Xion. I <3 her. I cried so hard at the end of KH:358/2 Days. (the fact that it was 3am may have played a small role)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
lightning-rose
J.Farron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtime Mouth View Post
You can't take someone's dislike of something you like personally, not a game at least, it's just silly. Shouldn't be on this thread either. Even criticism on things I made don't irk me, for something you don't make, you shouldn't care about anyone else's opinion if you enjoyed it.. nor should you ever get defensive or judge anyone by what movies, games, books ect.. they like and dislike. If everyone were the same, thing sure would be boring, cosplay would be as varied as black and white checkered tiling. Someone who hates Lighting could love Snow, or vice versa, works well in photos, though. Others could love Dissidia, but hate some of the final fantasys, does it make a difference?
yes i overreacted and don't tell me what to do. but thanks you made a point that i shouldn't judge others for bashing. well i see the errors of my ways so thanks. i apologize to everyone for being a be-otch. so sorry. your right about one thing i liked the game and to not care what others think. so i don't care what those people said. I love final fantasy xiii lightning especially.
Control your emotions. If you want to survive you forget about sympathy. Think of it like a strategy- focus on your ultimate goal, shut out everything else, steel your mind, move on instinct. Let doubt take over and despair will cripple you.
That time was lost. Yet time continued onwards. Sleep in peace, divine Etro. I will stand guard over your legacy. In this realm, beyond time, my life begins anew.
lightning-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #25
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Lighting was cool, Hope and Vanille were annoying at first, so was Snow to some extent, but they all grew as characters and I started to like them more. Sazh (sp) was always cool though. By the end I liked them all.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
Divinita Lunare Aria

Vaan (FF12). Everyone I know just doesn't like him :/ It's either "He looks silly" or "He's annoying" I love Vaan :'D

He's the only one I can think of at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing plenty xP
Divinita Lunare Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #27
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Misa from Death Note. She's annoying sometimes but most of the time I find her hilarious. She adds some much needed comic relief. I also believe she is a lot smarter than she seems.
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #28
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles

Excalibur from Soul Eater. XD
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #29
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukikittie View Post

EDIT;
WAIT, can we do VOCALOID too?!
If that's the case, Miku, and Lily.
First of all, Miku can not be a bitch because canon-ly she is a voice and nothing more. There is no set personality to her. Same with Lily.
Although I honestly just think it's the 'New VOCALOID syndrome', where a ton of people are like, "OMG THIS VOCALOID SOUNDS/LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE BLABLABLA, Y U NO MORE CREATIVE?!"
FFFFF-
YES. I don't even understand why anyone can hate Miku. I mean, I hated her at first, because it just sounded weird to me.....but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I liked Lelouche (loved him)... and i guess people don't really dig him.
I WAS BAWLING AT THE END. My cousin liked him too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Misa from Death Note. She's annoying sometimes but most of the time I find her hilarious. She adds some much needed comic relief. I also believe she is a lot smarter than she seems.
I love her and her fashion sense. I think a lot like her sometimes, so it's hard for me to hate her.

Honestly, I tend to like characters that are cute and obnoxious to the point where people hate them. XD
Lizzy from Kuroshitsuji? Only character that comes to mind right now.

Edit:
OH MY GOD. ILIA. I loved her! I don't understand how people hated her....;-; My own friends included...

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 04-13-2011 at 11:33 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #30
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

Padme and Anakin from the prequel trilogies.

Okay, yes Natalie Portman had pretty much checked out by the third movie and Anakin was a whiny bitch but I still liked the characters a lot. In fact, I love the prequel trilogy.

Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen. Yes, he's a jerk. But I feel bad for him x.x Everyone I know hates him.

Jean Grey gets a strong opinion on both sides. I love her though. She's my favorite (I'm a Phoenix fanatic)

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote