Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #46
Android raptor
Batshit Ghinius Fangirl

Oh, pretty much all my favorite characters, especially my Gundam ones. Ghinius Sakhalin, Quess Paraya, Kishiria Zabi, Giren Zabi, Cima Garahau (granted the fandom is more split 50/50 on her, but still), hell it might be easier to name the characters I like that *aren't* treated as the devil incarnate by the fandom. Quess especially is one of the most despised names in the Universal Century, so much so that I've been insulted because oh noez, how dare someone like *her*! And Ghinius is my favorite to end all favorites, so imagine how well that goes over with people who refuse to see him as anything other than a 1-dimensional monster. I've essentially been told I'm stupid for liking a character "no one's supposed to like" and that I should like a more worthy character like Char or whoever.

On a related note, I have a friend who likes and cosplayed Relena who got harassed out of a Gundam Wing meet for it. They told her to "come back when you cosplay someone who's actually cool!" or some shit. When you hate a character so much that you harass and insult people who cosplay her, you have a problem. Seriously (granted the Relena hate in general was/is taken to ridiculous levels, especially in Wing's hayday. All because she got in the way of a largely imagined yaoi pairing :/ ).

Costumes
Uniform!Ghinius Sakhalin (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Elpeo Puru (ZZ Gundam), Kyoji Kasshu (Mobile Fighter G Gundam), Jirarudan/Lawrence III/the collector (Pokemon: the Movie 2000), Uniform!Quess Paraya (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack) Gijinka!Scar (The Lion King)
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #47
Lithium Flower
Handphones

All the J-Horror long haired, soggy, bumbling about, Japanese ghost girls. I friken' love them.

and Rodney from the LXG movie.
I think I am actually the only one ever who liked that film, and owned the comics.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #48
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokaka View Post
Rossiu is awesome! Though I'm not gonna lie, when he got punched I laughed XD

Howard Link from D. Gray-Man. Pretty much everyone hates him just cause he has to watch Allen. He's just doing what he's told.
Yay more Rossiu love!!! *high five*
Lol that punch was... just epic.

& I love Howard Link T^T I thought he was cool.
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #49
makinonight

Alois from Kuroshitsuji II.

Oh gosh. It's amazing how people around me hated him because he wasn't "an original". Really? That's just ridiculous. Then the whole poking-out-Hannah's-eye thing in the very first episode. To be honest, that's how I came to love that little blonde.

Claude Faustus from Kuro, too.

Again with the whole he's not an "original" and that "he's trying to be like Sebastian" crap. As much as I dislike him for doing what he did to Alois in episode 7-8, I love his character. That's what I call a demon!

Oh! I love Kurumi from Kimi ni Todoke.

I always see her get so much hate for just liking Kazehaya and wanting to be with him. Of course she also did bad things but come onnnn. I love her character because it's so...real.
makinonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #50
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I love Rossiu from TTGL. Hey, man, he was just making decisions. He was being a politician. And he even felt bad about that shit.
And I love Rossiu and Kinon. My boyfriend and I are totally going to cosplay them one day.

I love Tingle from Zelda. I mean, seriously, any Tingle cosplayer has to have balls the size of Europa. He's just so creepy and weird! I love it.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #51
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconW View Post
Shelke from FFVII: DoC. I don't know why so many hate her. I like her overall character and her outfit is awesome. Though not really a fan of the Shelke x Vincent pairing.
Yay! Another person who liked her!
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #52
zizi994
Kaede

I kind of hate Amy specifically because of SA2:B. XD I have a friend who every time we played that game she's Amy and I'm Shadow. And she beats me EVERY TIME. I got so angry at her once from the fact that she kept winning that I hit her in the head with my controller. o.o And I am NOT an angry person.

Um, Near from Death Note? Not that I particularly like Death Note (good show, just the hype's kinda ruined it for me), it's just when I first watched the show I thought Near was pretty awesome. Lots of people say it's because he was just replacing L but maybe it's because I knew L was gonna die from the beginning? On the reverse of that, I thought Mello was a creeper but everyone's in love with him! So weird.

Not that people really hate him, they're just creeped out by him, but I love Kimbley from Fullmetal Alchemist. : D Which is strange, since usually with villains like that I'm like "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?" XD But he's just so creepy and awesome, especially in the manga! : D (In the anime he just pissed me off for trying to blow up Al. >: (

And like Flora said, Tingle from Legend of Zelda. Why does everyone hate him so much? He helps you out and he's just made of awesome.

Oh, sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone. ^^;

Upcoming Costumes:
None, for now

Upcoming Conventions:
San Japan Samurai 7 : San Antonio, TX
Delta H Con : Houston, TX
zizi994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #53
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Sailor Chibi Moon // ChibiUsa from Sailor Moon. She's actually my first cosplay. e.e; I used to hate her - but it was because of the dub's use of her character. They turned her into this horrid, horrid brat that was just horrible and her voice actress scared and confused me, because I kind of liked her but I kind of didn't. It's like having mixed feelings about nails on chalkboard. D: But her character in the original was much better and I related to her a lot more, she was much more mature and fun. But most people cannot stand her for the same reasons I used to hate her.

And pretty much everyone from DragonBall Z. ;3 I noticed they were getting some hate in the other thread. But I love DragonBall Z.

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #54
ARIADecember

Tadase from shugo chara, I don't see why people hate him. I usually see them call him "gay" but he likes amu. Then people complain how he only loved "amulet heart" but what he really like was amu showing her true self for a second. People also bash him for being to girly, well he is just a elementary school student, he is still growing (notice how he gets taller then amu) he is a very nice guy, that stays by amus side. And when he crys people bash him, he is just a lil kid, who acts beyond his maturity level, that there is impressive, when he is stressed or upset, let him cry and act his age for a lil bit, no need to bash him.

Iroha Nekomura, already said,I think people didn't like her at first is because they were exspecting kei's design to be it. people also complained how low her voice was and didt match the design, well I like it, not all girls are high pitched. Then people bashed about her design.... Personally it's pretty original. I like iroha, I hope I see cosplays of her soon.

Last edited by ARIADecember : 04-15-2011 at 08:04 PM.
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #55
Taokaka
Herpa derpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
Yay more Rossiu love!!! *high five*
Lol that punch was... just epic.

& I love Howard Link T^T I thought he was cool.
*high fives back* It was epic.

Yay, Howard Link love~ *high fives again*
-AnimeMidAtlantic
Taokaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #56
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizi994 View Post
I kind of hate Amy specifically because of SA2:B. XD I have a friend who every time we played that game she's Amy and I'm Shadow. And she beats me EVERY TIME. I got so angry at her once from the fact that she kept winning that I hit her in the head with my controller. o.o And I am NOT an angry person.
XD Thats exactly why i LOVE Amy. I always beat everyone as her. And they get SO mad. Especially if someone chooses Sonic, she has to squeal "I'm going to do my best, Sonic!"

Love her.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #57
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

I love Kagome from Inuyasha. I kinda disliked Kikyo in the beginning because I was all noooo Inuyasha love Kagome...and then my feelings changed.
I love Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. Everyone only really cares for the twins and honey.
I love Haruhi from Melancholy of.... Her and Kyon remind me of me and my boyfriend when I went to high school.(please notice I said remind and not that we are identical) I was usually up to crazy things, did what I wanted, and said what I wanted, but my poor boyfriend had to go around apologizing for my behavior. XD
I love Sephiroth, hate on it.
Oh, and I love everything about Sonic and the characters.
I guess not many people like Bulma from DragonBallZ, but she's my girl. Oh, and Vegeta was my first anime crush and he's still awesome to me.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt

Last edited by FunnyValentine : 04-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #58
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

Orihime from Bleach. Seems alot of people hate her, and I can understand why, but I think she's cute. And she was the first character I ever wanted to cosplay so she holds a special place in my heart =]

Quote:
Not that people really hate him, they're just creeped out by him, but I love Kimbley from Fullmetal Alchemist. : D Which is strange, since usually with villains like that I'm like "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE?" XD But he's just so creepy and awesome, especially in the manga! : D (In the anime he just pissed me off for trying to blow up Al. >: (
Yes! I love Kimbley! Most people don't so Im usually alone in my loving of him. But he is creepy and evil and thats awesome =D
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #59
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyValentine View Post
I love Kagome from Inuyasha. I kinda disliked Kikyo in the beginning because I was all noooo Inuyasha love Kagome...and then my feelings changed.
Kikyo has a huge hatedom. I like her character in the flashbacks, when she was still alive. I do hate the reanimated Kikyo but not as much as a lot of people. I never hated Kagome but did find her annoying sometimes. Although Sango was always my favorite character.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #60
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

Man I love Rossiu. Sure, he looked like a major jerk, but he didn't do it for himself.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote